A Hofbauer harbor home...in the midst of a nature preserve.
Our Dunedin coastal cottage is on a large corner lot surrounded by
multi-million dollar homes, old fashioned red brick roads and a
circular driveway made of shells. The home is on a very quiet,
pedestrian friendly street with very little vehicular traffic.
Throughout the park-like yard there are various sub-tropical palm
trees and native Florida birds. (The photograph above, of the Heron
bird, was taken from the front porch of the home).
A stone's throw away is a neighborhood park with awesome views of
the multi-colored sunsets, Clearwater Harbor, the Gulf of Mexico,
Caladesi Island and Honeymoon Island. Across Clearwater Harbor, as
night falls, you can see local wildlife roosting. The stunning views
will take you back in time 100 years to the days when Florida's
coastline was more populated with seagulls than people.
Yes, pelicans, sandpipers, ospreys, manatees and dolphins are part
of everyday life here!
This Dunedin home (just north of Clearwater beach) is located one
small block from the historic Pinellas trail and Hammock Park, 3
miles from Caladesi & Honeymoon islands, 1 mile from a public Golf
course, Tennis courts, and two marinas, 5 miles from Clearwater
beach and 8 miles from Tarpon Springs.
Honeymoon and Caladesi Islands (just north of Clearwater beach) are
the most exotic of the Gulf Coast beaches, containing nature
trails, more than 200 varieties of indigenous plants, sea-grass
beds, sand dunes, flocks of wading and shore birds and fish. The
unspoiled beauty of these undeveloped barrier islands offers a
glimpse of Florida the way it looked centuries ago. It's no wonder
that Caladesi Island has been nationally ranked the second best
public beach in the country (just behind a beach in Maui, Hawaii).
Three Pinellas County beaches (Caladesi Island, Fort DeSoto and Sand
Key) consistently rank among the top 20 beaches, of all the beaches
in the U.S. Additionally, Clearwater beach is ranked 5th best beach
in the U.S. Our coastal cottage is minutes from all these beaches.
Enjoy the serene, tropical coastal living our home offers, just 5
minutes away from Clearwater beach (without having to experience the
beach congestion and noise).
Email us today and start enjoying the spectacular Gulf views and
relaxing sunsets in a peaceful tropical setting.
Treat yourself! Take pleasure in experiencing the warm, gentle
breezes of the Gulf. This nature preserve awaits you...
* Collect seashells by the seashore.
* Watch the pelicans dive for fish from Pier 60 in Clearwater Beach.
* Enjoy a stroll along Hammock Park, a 75 acre nature preserve (one
small block away from the home).
* Experience downtown Dunedin's historic charm with eclectic shops,
antique stores, art galleries, coffee shops and upscale boutiques.
(Rated as one of the most walkable communities in the U.S.)
* Dine in any of the quaint, downtown Dunedin restaurants.
(Voted Best restaurant row in Pinellas County by the St. Petersburg
* Rollerblade, jog, walk or bicycle ride for miles on the Pinellas
trail (a 47 mile recreational trail full of healthy fun and
friendly people. The trail links some of Pinellas County most
picturesque parks, scenic coastal areas and residential
* Kayak along the Gulf or rent a boat and go fishing for the day or
jet ski on the harbor.
* Ride the 'beach trolley' and tour all the beaches in the area.
* Visit the sponge docks of Tarpon Springs and enjoy delicious,
traditional Greek food. There's also the Tarpon Springs Corvettes &
Collectables showroom/museum where you'll find more than 100
American cars from the 1920s, '30s and up.
*Watch the most visited air show in the U.S., just 45 minutes away,
at the Lakeland airport. The Lakeland Sun 'N Fun Airshow is
scheduled every year in the month of April. Join aviation
enthusiasts, of all ages, spend hours watching vintage aircraft,
aerobatic demonstrations, ultralight activities, experimental and
World War II aircraft.
* Catch some Major League baseball - enjoy spring training with the
Toronto Blue Jays at Dunedin's Knology Park (5 minutes away) or the
Tampa Bay Devil Rays at St. Petersburg's Tropicana Field (25 minutes
drive) or the Philadelphia Phillies at Clearwater's BrightHouse
Field (15 minutes from the home).
* Watch Michael Andretti and some awesome racing in St. Petersburg
during the weekend of the Honda Gran Prix (March or April).
* Play golf year round at any of the 3 major golf resorts or 40 other
golf courses. Hob-knob with PGA's best golfers during the Tampa Bay
Championship at the Innisbrook Resort and Golf Club - Copperhead
Course (March or April).
* Be inspired by internationally hailed art masters at world class
museums such as the downtown St. Petersburg's Museum of Fine Arts or
the Salvador Dali Museum or just enjoy some of the local beach art.
* Be captivated by top notch entertainment when Broadway touring
companies perform their versions of such hits as 'Annie', 'Sweet
Charity' or 'Chicago'.
* Shop the malls of Tampa,Clearwater and St. Petersburg(outlets too!)
* Experience Tampa Busch Gardens (30 minute drive), or Disneyworld,
MGM and Universal Studios in Orlando (90 minutes away).
* Enjoy the nightlife of historic Ybor city in Tampa or downtown
Dunedin's lively night clubs.
* Visit the animals in the Lowery Park Zoo (60 minute drive).
* Play or enjoy watching tennis - Frenchy's 14th Annual Gumbo
Tennnis Classic will be held November 2008 at the McMullen
Tennis Complex in Clearwater. Over 400 tennis players participate in
The home is located 20 minutes from St. Petersburg/Clearwater
International Aiport and 30 minutes from Tampa International Airport.