House, 3 Bedrooms, 3 Baths, 10 Sleeps
We now own the beach house we rented for nine summer vacations. Located on the Pacific Ocean side of Mission Beach, 6 blocks north of historic Belmont Park, on a very well-maintained court. Get away from the crowds on the boardwalk and still be super close to the beach. Only two houses between us and the sand; walk there in 30 seconds… or less. Plan a family vacation, reunion, corporate get-away, destination wedding or just grab your good friends and come vacation at our beach house.
Main House: The main house is 1850 square feet, with three bedrooms plus large loft area, and three full baths. It sleeps 10 people very comfortably. Outdoor areas are on every level: roof deck with panoramic ocean views, a "coffee porch" off the main living area, and a fully enclosed, private front patio with ocean views on the first floor. Lots of places to sleep, relax, and play.
1st Floor: On the first floor are two bedrooms (BR 1=Cal King, BR2=Twins which can be converted to king). Both bedrooms have their own full bath. Both have French doors that lead onto the large front patio with gas BBQ , umbrella covered seating and ocean views.
2nd Floor: The second floor is the main living area. It has a spectacular vaulted ceiling with huge exposed beams, open concept Great Room with fireplace, dining room, fully stocked kitchen with breakfast bar and granite countertops. French doors lead to the “coffee porch,” the best place to enjoy your morning coffee or evening cocktail.. The dining table can be expanded to seat 8-10, and there is seating for 2 more at the breakfast bar.
The third bedroom (with queen bed) and third full bath are also on this floor, as well as a sunroom.
Third floor/loft: Stairs off a sunroom lead up to the third floor where the loft overlooks the great room. Loft has two twin beds & a comfortable queen futon. Take an afternoon nap with the windows open to the bay breezes.
From the loft, a door leads outside to a large roof deck furnished with teak deck chairs, a hammock, large rolling umbrella, and a dining area. There are incredible beach and bay views. Sunbath in private while your children nap. Watch the sun set over the Pacific. Enjoy your own private fireworks display from Sea World.
We have recently rebuilt all the railings in the house to meet current code! We’ve also added built-in baby gates at the top of both sets of interior stairs. Families with young children will find our house more relaxing and enjoyable than ever!
Optional Guest Apartment: If you have a larger group, ask about renting the “dollhouse” apartment also. (See VR listing#4085) It is a charming dollhouse (approx 650 sq. ft) with two bedrooms and one bath, a full kitchen, vaulted ceilings, wood floors, and a small loft. Located above the garage, it has a private entrance, private patio, and its own garage spot. It sleeps 4-5. Rent both units and you can sleep a maximum of 15.
No Smoking, No Pets, No Loud/Large Parties: We do not rent to vacationing students or singles under age 30.
About the Owner
5 based on 64 traveler reviews
Vacation getaway made simple
Home Away from Home
My family enjoyed our time in San Diego, especially the beach time because of this property and being only steps from the beach with all the toys and chairs to make it fun and easy.
Not having to pack or worry about my toddlers safety and sleeping arrangement made travel much more enjoyable than ever before.
The owner Nancy was extremely helpful and answered my emails quickly. Her suggestions of local restaurants and attractions was like having a personal concierge! My kid's hi-light was a bon fire on the beach with s'mores and my oldest loved using the scooter everywhere we went!
Such a delight to have a stress free vacation to a home.
Can't wait to come back.
Good for the soul vacation!
A San Diego Must!
Perfect Home for a Multi-Family and ages Vacation!
Activity and Interests
Mission Beach is a lively beach community with something for everyone! Come find out why we love it so much. Sunbathe, swim and surf. Stroll along the Pacific Ocean. Ride bikes, run, or roller blade for miles on the famous Mission Beach boardwalk. Visit Belmont Park, the historic seaside amusement park that opened in 1925. Ride the Giant Dipper roller coaster, the Carousel, the Beach Blaster, and more.
Take in all the San Diego has to offer: visit Old Town, the San Diego Zoo, or SeaWorld. Take your kids to Lego Land, only 30 minutes away. Downtown San Diego is a blast! Visit the USS Midway and the Bob Hope Memorial. Balboa Park has 15 different museums! Take in a game at Petco Park. Visit Little Italy and the Gaslamp District. The Point Loma Lighthouse and Cabrillo Monument have spectacular views all the way to Mexico. You are just a short drive to world class shopping in La Jolla and Coronado, and an outlet mall in Carlsbad. Go antiquing in Ocean Beach. Torrey Pines Golf Course is a short ride away. Enjoy!
- Nightly Rate: $350 - $725
Weekly Rate: $2400 - $4750
Monthly Rate: $3500 - $18000
Total cost = rent plus 10.5% city tax and $200 cleaning fee.
Inquire about Holiday rates. Rates and minimum stays may be higher.
Summers we rent Saturday to Saturday, one week minimum.
Summer Weekly Rates:
* May 29-June 29 = $3750/week + tax + cleaning fee
June 30-August 11th = $4750/week + tax + cleaning fee
August 12-Sept 3= $3750/week + tax + cleaning fee
Sept & Oct:
* $2800/wk +tax+cleaning. Min 4 night stay=$1600+ tax+cleaning.
* Nov, Dec., Jan, Feb = $2800/week+tax+ cleaning.
Minimum stay is 3 nights @ $1200+tax+cleaning. NOTE: Holiday rates will be higher and have longer minimum stays. Inquire for quotes.
(Jan/Feb:inquire if interested in monthly rentals)
* March to May 28th = $2800/week+tax+cleaning.
Minimum stay is 4 nights @ $1600 inquire for details.
Students: this is not a student rental in off-season.
- pets not allowed
- Beach View
- 3 Bathrooms
- Bathroom 1
- Bathroom 2
- Bathroom 3
- 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 10
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Parking: Main house rental comes with two parking spaces: one is full size exterior parking spot that is adequate for largest SUV, and one is garage spot. (Dollhouse apartment has its own garage spot.) Kitchen: Our kitchen if very well stocked with generous supplies of dishes, pots and pans, crockpot, Lobster pot, and serving platters. Equipped with a 5 burner gas range, refrigerator with ice maker, microwave, Bosch dishwasher. It is a comfortable and sunny kitchen, with a pass through window over the sink that opens to the coffee porch. Pantry Items: We are happy to provide all paper products, dish soap, laundry soap, hand and bath soap, paper towels, napkins, many spices, as well as ziplock bags and tin foil. Linens: All bed linens, beach/bath towels provided. Washer/Dryer: FREE Maytag front-loading washer and dryer in the garage. Shared with the guests in the dollhouse. Beach Chairs: We provide plenty of beach chairs, boogie boards, umbrellas and sand toys. Keyless Entry: Our beach house uses the latest security technology from WebKeySystems. No keys to keep track of. All access is controlled by codes which expire after each rental. Our guests love this system. The garage doors are also keyless. WiFi: Wireless internet access provided. BRAND NEW 42" HD TV in Great Room. Tons of premium channels, On-Demand movies, and DVR so you can tape your favorite shows while you’re at the beach. There is also a DVD player. The loft also has a new HDTV. Baby Items: Two high chairs and two portable cribs are provided. Built-in baby gates at the top of both sets of interior stairs.