As a number of returning guests have said 'it feels like we are coming home when we come in the door'. 2BR-one with a king bed and 2 twins in the 2nd BR.
I take a personal interest in the day-to-day care of the place and am available by phone/text/email to ensure that everything is as it should be for the guests, and I deal with local contractors who are aware of my standards and with whom I have a longstanding relationship. Both units have all the comforts of home due to the fact my wife and I stay here frequently. Our goal has been repeat guests coming back again and again.. we really want you to have a pleasant stay so you want to come back. Is it perfect? No way, but it is clean, tidy, well groomed and it just works. This year the 2014 winter guests are coming back for the 6th and 7th year in a row in 2015. For 2014, 2 Brits are returning for the 2nd and 4th times in the off season. Germans returned last year for 3rd and 4th time. And a number of state side guests in the off season are coming back again in 2014. All October guests this year have been here before.
1. Have the place cleaned by a fussy cleaner
2. A clean place is so important and Sherry, now lives just off the island and is a fussy cleaner who likes order and she is available for little issues too.
3. Putting in a good quality mattress is another detail that I am committed to providing: new high end Sealy medium firm Queen mattress November 2012 on one side and new high end Sealy medium firm King mattress January 2013 on the other side. One guest from Germany said they would take the mattress home with them if not for the expense.
4. The furniture is in good condition and replaced right along and NO pets and NO smoking makes a big difference in cleanliness.
5. I limit the place to 4 people not because of size. Look at studios that say 4 people ok - but because it keeps the wear and tear down and I can keep the price more affordable.
6. The bikes are looked after by Claude's Mobile Bike Repair. Just this June he replaced 5 chains, a tire and serviced the bikes to keep them going. They are island bikes for sure-some with a salt water patina.
7. Outdoor shower when home from the beach.
I have found that people arrive and unload luggage and head to the beach. The busiest street on the island in this spot is Marina Drive and you do NOT cross it on the way to the beach. The access is a three block stroll or easy bike ride (I held the video camera as I rode a bike to the beach and it is a 2 minute 14 second ride to the beach) - part sidewalk and street as in a neighborhood of homes and you will be as amazed as my wife and I are at how few people live here. Take a walk at night and it is perfectly quiet! And the property is located in the middle of the street not on a busy corner or street.
And 62nd street does not go through directly to the beach and I have come to value that big time as it cuts down on the car traffic and foot traffic making for a quieter street!
I currently live in Minneapolis Minnesota and work as a residential real estate agent.
2 week stay.
Places to visit: of course the beach, the pier and we liked downtown Bradenton.
Memories: very nice white sand beach, beautiful warm water, lots of fish and cute Pelicans catching fish, a very quiet street (62nd) is a great location for the house, a tranquil garden and everything in the cottage makes you feel comfortable.
Liked the WIFI and my mom loved the cable TV watching TCM channel every night.
Free long distance calls
Free trolley on the island
We enjoyed meeting people from other countries at the beach and at the cottage.
Improvements: we were happy with everything. This was our first stay in a cottage. We usually stay in a hotel. This vacation exceeded our expectations.
Joel, thank you for everything and for checking in with me for time to time. We would like to come back to Anna Maria Island.
“We read about the island in our local newspaper and found everything they wrote was true once we got here.”
Located on beautiful Anna Maria Island, this home is located 3 blocks away from the white sands of the Gulf of Mexico. There are numerous shops and restaurants within walking distance. The home's central location provides you convenient access to:
* Sarasota/Bradenton International Airport - 22 miles away
* Tampa International Airport - 1 hour away
* Disney World - 2 1/2 hours away
* St. Armands Circle - 25 minutes away
* Downtown Sarasota - 30 minutes away
* Dowtown Tampa - 1 hour away
* Tropicana Dome (Tampa Bay Rays) - 45 minutes away
* Busch Gardens - 1 hour away
* Adventure Island - 1 hour away
* Siesta Key - 30 minutes away
* Approx. 15 golf courses - all within a 40 minute drive of the house!
There is no shortage for things to do in the area!
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
My Standard Rate
Oct 11 2014 - Nov 29 2014
7 night minimum stay
Nov 30 2014 - Apr 25 2015
7 night minimum stay
* Approximate monthly rate. Actual rate will depend on the days of the month you stay. Payment is usually accepted in the quoted currency (USD) unless the currency and the amount is specifically agreed in advance with the owner / advertiser.
I collect $500.00 to hold the rental. The balance is due 90 days before arrival.
7 night min stay.
$1000/ week March 30, 2015 till April 26, 2015
$585/week May, $695/week June and July %5DPlease add $75.00 for 4th of July%5D, August $600/week, September $525/week, October $525/week
November $575/week - $1600 for 4 weeks
December $720/week - $2600/4weeks
$2270.00/4 weeks January 2015
$3000/4 weeks February and March 2015
$1000/week 3/28/2015 til April 26.
Or $2450/4 weeks
“The original owner from 1971 sold us this place and it was clean and well cared for. We have continued that tradition of care and cleanliness. Also improved mechanicals, decor and landscaping. The backyard has a banyan tree, orange trees and a remarkable mango tree. Privacy is afforded by an Oleander hedge and the concrete wall along the back lot line. We visit in December and have enjoyed Christmas dinner on the patio with the Side A guests for 3 years running.”