House, 4 Bedrooms, 3 Baths, 12 Sleeps
--Location--Location--Location--This quaint lakefront cottage with
decorator touches offers the best in casual lakefront living and is
situated with its own private dock and pier on Lake Norman's 520 miles
of shoreline. This 4 Bedroom 3 Bath home that sleeps 10-12
comfortably is located only minutes from I-77 Exit 36 on a quiet
culdesac on well known Skipper's Cove. It's the best of all worlds.
You have the convenience of fine restaurants, entertainment, and the
newest shopping centers at your fingertips while staying in this cozy
home on a beautiful picturesque cove large enough for skiing and all
sorts of lake activities and you're only a short hop to the main
channel. But should you not want to see a single congested area you
can do all your shopping in the lovely little town of Troutman.
You'll be delighted and surprised at how roomy and spacious this 2
level 2200 sq ft home really is. That's the first response we get
from our many repeat guest we've hosted over the last 10 years. They
also echo in just how comfortable and at home they feel. So much so
that most just don't want to leave. With 10 years experience hosting
vacationing families, we've listened and incorporated in the things
they tell us make their week the most pleasant and they always come back.
As you open the door to this clean and freshly updated home, light
pours in through the kitchen window with a view like no other of the
lake no matter what time of year it is. You notice as you pass
through the fully equipped kitchen that any cook would admire that the
entire kitchen and living areas are airy and open up to each other so
that everyone can be together and be a part of all the fun activities
going on at any point. The family room has lots of plush comfy
seating with a nice television over a fireplace with gas logs should
someone come in cooler months. This main level also boast 2 oversize
bedroom suites large enough for adjoining sitting areas and two full
baths for guests convenience.
Next you find one of the most favorite things that guests tell us
about time and time again. Opening up from the family room is a large
screened in porch that sits uniquely close to Waters Edge's shoreline.
Furnished with lots of outdoor furniture, you can sit on the porch
free of bugs or pests day or night rocking in the rocking chairs,
relaxing, enjoying a meal or drink while watching the children play or
the squirrels and chipmunks scamper up trees, or just listening to the
birds chirp, the wind rustling through the leaves or best of all the
sounds of the lake--waves lapping up against the shoreline.
PRICELESS!! Some say most of the week is enjoyed there.
As you go down the stairs in the family room to the second level of
the house you find another whole living quarters with direct access
outdoors. There is a living area with a 46" telvision for the games,
a second kitchen area, a game room with foosball and ping pong and
board games. In addition are two more bedrooms and a third full bath.
Multiple family groups love the layout so that each family can have
their own private quarters or the adults can have their own level and
the kids their own.
The living and game room open up onto yet another large lake level
patio with great views of the water. If you venture a few steps off
the patio you find a big double size hammock right by the shore just
waiting for someone to jump into to swing with the kids, read a good
book or take a snooze. When you wake up you can either step a few
steps literally on pavers down to a shoreside sitting area that's
enclosed for the safety of the little ones to enjoy all the family
activities in the shade or go on across the pier to the float dock and
sunning area for some of the best tanning to be found.
The pier and float dock is a great place for swimming in good year
round deep water and a convenient place to tie off your boats and jet
skis. Two ladders are provided on the dock for easy access out of the
water when swimming. But for the little ones there are wide steps
that are built directly down into the water from the pier near the
shallow end of the shoreline right in front of the shoreline sitting
area. They can just walk down onto the lake bed when they are still
getting used to the water. For those that like to play basketball you
can try your hand at water basketball out near the dock. See how many
baskets you can get.
Being situated on one of the best calmest ski coves on the lake, this
2 level home provides all the essentials for the best family vacation
ever. Supplies, gas and even boat rentals can be obtained less than
1/2 mile away at Morning Star Storage & Rentals. In fact the 2nd most
quoted phrase from guest is "We'd just like to call it home" and they
really mean it but it's not for sale. Too many people still need to
experience what a difference that a week by the Waters Edge can make.
So hurry and get ready to make memories with family and friends that
last a lifetime. Grab your flipflops & bathing suits and jump on
board for the best vacation ever. Call soon for best availability.
About the Owner
Guestbook comments from the owner
We had a great wk on the lake at Waters Edge II. And we so much appreciate that you called us after the cleaning service notified you of the leaking and soured water under the sink left by the previous guest. We noticed it too upon arrival but couldn't believe how quickly you and your repair service got in touch with us, attended to the problem that surely could have turned worse because of the location. We were amazed at how quickly you got someone out and we got on with our wk. We had a wonderful family time and would not only reccommend to others but we hope to return ourselves next yr. You have been great people to work with.
1 traveler review
nice but could be better
We'd love to share. You will enjoy the best wk ever.
Activity and Interests
- Private lake access for boating, jet skiing, water skiing.
- Docks to fish or swim from with ladders to water.
- Shoreside steps into shallow water along shoreline.
- Private decking built over water for relaxing and sunning.
- Lakeside hammock for snuggling up to good book or napping.
- Foosball, ping pong, and games.
--30 Minutes or Less--
- Paramount Carowinds Theme Park.
- NASCAR Races-Lowes Motor Speedway.
- Race City, USA--NASCAR race shops and museums.
- NFL Panthers Games & NBA Bobcat Games.
- Discovery Place Museum.
- Queens Landing with Riverboat Cruises, bumper boats, putt-putt.
- Lazy 5 Ranch.
- Duke Power State Park.
- Numerous large shopping malls including Concord Mills.
--Short Day Trips--
- Blue Ridge Parkway Excursions.
- Biltmore House & Estates.
- Linville Caverns & Grandfather Mountain.
- Old Salem, Winston Salem, NC.
- Asheboro Zoo.
- Weekly Rate: $1200 - $1350
Rates are $1200 - $1350 per week depending upon the season.
Mid May through Mid September .. $1350
Mid September through Mid May .. $1200
Nightly rates start at $250 per night with a two night minimum.
There is a minimum of one week rental during the summer with a Sun-Sun
rental only unless there is an otherwise available Sat-Sat opening.
- pets not allowed
- 3 Bathrooms
- Bathroom 1
- Bathroom 2
- Bathroom 3
- 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 12
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- - Location Location Location - One of the best least congested yet convenient locations on the lake. - Uniquely close to the water and shoreline. - Lakeside hammock for relaxing. - Waterfront with dock, pier and sunning deck. - Wide steps leading down into water at shallow end of shoreline. - Spacious airy open living area with fireplace and TV nook. - Additional open lake level family game room with 42" TV, foosball, ping pong and board games. - Two fully equipped kitchens- one on main, one of lake level. - Numberous TV's DVD's w/cable. - Wireless internet access. - Gas Grill. - Comfy furniture with decorator touches. - Thick plush bedding with all new fresh linens and pillows. - Roomy screened in porch, decking and patios overlooking lake with patio furniture for outdoor living. - Numerous casual eating and sitting areas indoors and out. - Washer and dryer. - Bedding includes 3 queens, 1 full, 1 daybed w/trundle. - Pavers to the lake. - Large lawns for kids to run and play. - Marina 1/4 mi across the lake for rentals, gas, etc. - Sleeps 10 comfortably. Bedroom 1 - Queen & Bath Bedroom 2 - Queen & Bath Bedroom 3 - Full and Daybed w/trundle (makes 2 twins or 1 King) Bedroom 4 - 1 Queen