2br/2bth cottage on the water. *Option to rent as 1br/1bth (see rate schedule)
Located on a small tropical island we are on a quaint lobster fishing village about 10 miles from Marathon close to various state parks and beaches. A quiet island with an easy relaxing pace of life.
Tastefully furnished, the cottage is a cozy 2bedroom/2bath romantic getaway with wi fi internet access. The 2nd bedroom/bath attached to the cottage is separate and accessible by private outside entrance/exit only providing an extra level of comfort & privacy for 2 couples traveling together or families. Both sides include Direct TV with premium channels, and separate thermostaticly controlled central a/c - heat. The 2nd br/bth(Outside Bedroom 2) is closed for individual couples who wish to rent as a 1br/1bth at the lower rates (*see our 1br/1bth rate schedule under 'additional info about our rates' section ) who would not have the need for a second bedroom. The Outside Bedroom 2 is never available for booking by another party during a 1br/1bth rental, insuring privacy & exclusive use of the property. The back yard opens to a large Tiki hut right on the water. Under its roof you'll find swinging hammocks & dining table for relaxation, cocktail hour or outside dining while you BBQ. Scenic & on the water, manatees and Loggerhead turtles do come by to visit. There is a large dock for guests with boats & plenty of room for trailer storage on property. There is immediate bay and ocean access for flats or deep sea fishing, lobstering, diving and water activities. Also (with additional charges) we offer optional small motor boat rentals (available only with the cottage booking) capable of being used by couples for island hopping, scenic on water exploring, and boat only accessible beaches. This is definitely a NON-SMOKING, NO PET rental.
About the Owner
I grew up in Dade County and Biscayne Bay where my family always enjoyed boating, diving, and general water activities. I became a firefighter and retired from Dade County Fire Department after 31.5 years of service.
4.8 based on 10 traveler reviews
Lobsters - Yum!
Great location - mid Archipeligo. Easy to go to Key Largo or Key West or anywhere in between
Had an Excellent Experience!
Conch Key getaway
The house was well set up and the kitchen fully stocked for cooking. There is a small store on the Key for supplies.
We spent time at the state parks on both Islamorada and Marathon and the drive was not too long.
From the Owner
“I always enjoyed spending so much time in the Florida Keys with friends on this, and other islands. I grew a fond attachment to this particular island for its old style Fla. Keys ambience. This island fishing village is unique to the Fla. Keys experience and it is easy to visualize why so many chose to call it home.”
Activity and Interests
We offer small motor boat (option) rental for island hopping, boat only accessible beaches, & scenic exploration on the water close to land. Traditional beaches and state parks are close by also. Larger power boat rental, fishing charters, and fresh seafood are available literally feet away from the property. Also Hawks Cay resort, just around the corner offers a wide variety of water activities such as jet ski rental, para-sailing, powerboat rentals, and fish or dive charters. Lobstermen and local fishing guides with private charter boats are your neighbors and are happy to book a days activities. Fishing and diving are excellent and we are well situated with immediate bay and ocean access by boat. We have on many occasions caught our lobster dinners by snorkeling immediately around the island. Watching the neighbors bring in their daily fresh catch of fish, lobster, stone crabs, and tropical fish for aquariums is very interesting, and purchasing fresh caught from the neighbors for your meal, if you don't catch your own.
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
My Standard Rate
3 night minimum stay
|Notes: Rates are based on 4 guests; add $50 per night, per additional guest|
* Approximate monthly rate. Actual rate will depend on the days of the month you stay.
Payment is usually accepted in the quoted currency (USD) unless the currency and the amount is specifically agreed in advance with the owner / advertiser.
Additional information about rental rates
- Refundable damage deposit $500
- Tax Rate 12.5%
Holiday & Special Event rates are higher.
The main cottage can be rented as a 1br/1bth for 2 adults @ the following standard rates (excludes use of the outside 2nd br/bth):
Daily (3 night min.) $600.00 *
Weekly $1200.00 *
Monthly (28 nights) $3740.00
*Special Event/Holiday rates higher for 1br & 2br rentals
** Ask about rates for optional small boat rentals with cottage.
From the Owner
“Centraly & practicly located, it is exactly the hafway mark from the mainland to famous Key West, approximately 1.5 hour drive to either, from the property. Locateed adjacent to the Long Key bridge it provides immediate bay and ocean access to the best diving, fishing, kayaking, beaches, and boating activities in the Keys without having to travel time consuming miles to reach a location to cross over from the bay to the ocean or vise versa for water activities. Far enough to feel disconnected from mainland society and relax on the hammocks under the Tiki hut in a very romantic setting.”
- Away From It All
- Tourist Attractions
- Air Conditioning
- Clothes Dryer
- Internet ...
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Parking ...
- Towels Provided ...
- Washing Machine
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils
- Dining ...
- Dining Area
- Satellite / Cable ...
- children welcome ...
- non smoking only
- pets not allowed
- Beach View
- eco tourism
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
- wildlife viewing
Sports & Adventure Activities
- deepsea fishing
- jet skiing
- scuba diving or snorkeling
- sound/bay fishing
- 2 Bathrooms
- Bathroom 2 - toilet, shower
- Bathroom 1 - toilet, shower
- 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6
- Main Cottage Master Bedroom 1 - 1 queen, Sleeps 2 adults & can accomodate 1 additional child on a cot
- Outside Bedroom 2 - 1 queen, Sleeps 2 adults & can accomodate 1 child on a cot
- Main Cottage Master Bedroom 1 has a queen bed and can accommodate a single cot for a younger child. Sofa can be used as a single bed. With the exclusion of the Outside Bedroom 2 it becomes the optional *1br/1bth cottage rental available at lower rates (see 'Additional information about rental rates' section below for 1br/1bth rate schedule, conditions apply) _______________________________________________________________________________ 2br/2bth Cottage Rental - Sleeps 4-6 -Main Cottage Master Bedroom 1 + Outside bedroom 2 with queen bed and private bathroom. Outside Bedroom 2 is a room that enjoys its own private entrance/exit off the back porch (not accessible thru the main body of the cottage), and individual thermostat controlled central AC/Heat offering a higher level of comfort and privacy for couples and families. Because we are on the water this bedroom may be unsuitable for younger children without an adult. Both bedrooms enjoy Direct TV with premium movie channels.
- Boat ...
- Deck / Patio ...
- Kayak / Canoe ...
- Lanai / Gazebo
- Outdoor Grill
- Water Sports Gear ...
- Guests provide their own meals
- Beautiful scenic sunsets on the water. Huge thatch roof Tiki hut with swinging hammocks for easy relaxation and lighted ceiling fan,table and furniture for outside dining and cocktails on the water. Kayaks and barbeque. Life vests and assorted snorkeling gear is available for guests use. Linens, towels (no beach or boating towels), basic supplies (initial soap, toilette paper etc.), cooking utensils, and washer/dryer are provided.