House, 2 Bedrooms, 1.5 Baths, 6 Sleeps
Spacious Spanish colonial home located in the heart of Mazatlan's cultural center. Located on Pedregoso street in the central historic district of old Mazatlan.
* 2 Bedrooms - Queen sized beds - Air conditioning, ceiling fans
* 1.5 Bathrooms - Upstairs: full bath w large rain shower - Downstairs: half bath plus enclosed outdoor shower
* Kitchen - Fully equipped, refrigerator, stove, microwave - Counter seating for 2
* Living Area - Comfortably seats 4 to 6, air conditioning
* Covered Terrace - Dining for 4
* Rooftop Deck - Water view, table, chairs, canopy
Comfort in Centro HIstorico
About the Owner
Guestbook comments from the owner
We were really impressed by the wonderful restoration of the house - so lovely and liveable. Most appreciated the plentiful towels, good beds, appliances, etc.
4.8 based on 8 traveler reviews
Comfort in Centro HIstorico
Fabulous house, great location
Gloria was wonderful, she waited patiently as we made our way into town from the airport, and arrived promptly to check us out. If we ever make it back to Mazatlán, and I certainly hope we do, Pedregoso #2 will be our #1 choice for a place to stay!
Home away from home.......
living in a neighborhood . . .
The house has been totally redone with its original facade: kitchen, living room, half bath and laundry on the first floor, 2 spacious bedrooms and bathroom on the second floor and a large patio on the top with sweeping views of the water and the city. Sunny and happy! Clean and well maintained.
We walked the city, its various neighborhoods and the malecon for hours everyday. Learned the bus system which is so easy to get out to the beaches and of course used the pulmonias too!
The market (Juarez) was so irresistable we shopped daily for fresh fruits, veggies, cheese, tortillas and cooked quite a bit!
If you are looking to get away from the touristy Mazatlan to enjoy the rich flavor of a moderate size Mexican city with an incredible malecon and access to the beaches, this is your kind of place! And we felt very safe in the neighborhood and where we wandered in the city and at the beaches! We'll be back!
Mazatlan Centro Historico
El Centro Historico is an area about 15 blocks N-S and 20 blocks from the ocean East. Just about all of it is a very doable walk from the house. There are 3 routes to the beach, malecon and restaurants of Olas Altas and none take more than 8-10 minutes. The Mercado just behind the Cathedral is a 10 minute walk on the flat. The Plazuela Machado, the main plaza surrounded by restaurants and cafes, is also a 10 minute walk and each time you can take a slightly different route peeking behind the facades of the beautifully restored houses. Nearby is the Plazuela de Leones, a great place to walk the dog and the location of the municipal library. On the south side of the plaza on Angel Flores you can flag the Sabalo Centro bus for 9 Pesos (90 cents) and ride it for miles along the oceanfront Malecon all the way up to the Gold Zone. At any time you can flag a pulmonia, golf cart affairs that are everywhere.
The house is cleaned every Thursday. The property managers are very helpful, informative and always on call. Once you get to the house there is a brown comments book you may find helpful. Pacific Pearl Magazine's Guide to Mazatlan is also very helpful. The Tourist Office is at the North (near) end of the Olas Altas malecon. Stop there for a very informative map and other info.
BTW. So far we have never felt in jeopardy of any kind while walking even late at night.
Activity and Interests
* Three blocks to Olas Altas beach, the Malecon, and restaurants
* Six blocks to Plazuela Machado (restaurants, museums, Angela Peralta theatre,
and cultural events)
* Four blocks to the cathedral, Panama restaurant, the central
market, and department stores
* One block from a Sabalo Centro bus stop (air conditioned bus that
goes to the Golden Zone)
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
May - Sep
May 1 2015 - Sep 30 2015
10 night minimum stay
Oct - Nov
Oct 1 2015 - Nov 30 2015
6 night minimum stay
Dec - Feb
Dec 1 2015 - Feb 29 2016
6 night minimum stay
* Approximate monthly rate. Actual rate will depend on the days of the month you stay.
Payment is usually accepted in the quoted currency (USD) unless the currency and the amount is specifically agreed in advance with the owner / advertiser.
- Tourist Attractions
- Air Conditioning
- Clothes Dryer ...
- Fitness Room / Equipment ...
- Internet ...
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Parking ...
- Telephone ...
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine ...
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils
- Dining ...
- Dining Area
- Books ...
- DVD Player ...
- Satellite / Cable ...
- Television ...
- Video Library ...
- Long-term Renters Welcome
- children welcome
- non smoking only
- pets considered
- wheelchair inaccessible
- Beach View
Sports & Adventure Activities
- 1500 sq. ft.
- 1 Bathroom,
- 1 Half Bath
- Upstairs Bathroom - toilet, shower
- First Floor Bathroom - toilet, outdoor shower, Outdoor shower on covered terrace on the first floor
- 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6
- Front Bedroom - 1 queen
- Back Bedroom - 1 queen
- Balcony ...
- Bicycles ...
- Deck / Patio ...
- Outdoor Grill
- Guests provide their own meals
- * UV filtered water for safe drinking and bathing * Kitchen fully stocked with dishes, pots/pans, utensils, stove, refrigerator/freezer, microwave, coffee maker, tea kettle, and toaster * Washer and dryer * Weekly maid service * Towels and linens * American property managers that live nearby * TV and Blu Ray player with Netflix streaming * DVD library (over 200 movies) * Cable television * High speed wireless Internet access * Epson color inkjet printer * Vonage service for free phone calls to the U.S. and Canada * Electronic safe for storing valuables * Barbells, exercise mat, mountain bike * Two office desks and chairs * 1500 square feet * 12 foot ceilings throughout * Three air conditioning units and ceiling fans throughout * Balcony off front bedroom * Covered terrace off the kitchen for indoor/outdoor dining, relaxing