Come stay on the Private Side of Lake Anna in this well appointed lake-access country home on 5 wooded acres with waterfront boat house. Take a five minute stroll (500 yards) or short drive to our community's low-traffic cove on Lake Anna where you'll find your very own private boat house with parking for 2 vehicles. Enjoy the boat house's screened porch and large vinyl-decked swim platform w/ladder (no splinters); have a campfire down on the 50 x 50 waterfront parcel where we have a fire ring w/grill. Our community has only 13 homes, all on one or more acres, making for a very private and peaceful experience. Take a short cruise in the sit-on-top kayaks (three of them), the big green canoe, or the two-seater paddle boat (life jackets included) provided with the rental and keep watch for American Eagles that frequent the area. The private side of Lake Anna has less boat traffic because there are no public parks or marinas and our cove is great for swimming for that reason.
This cozy home has a beautiful great room with cathedral ceiling, hardwood floors, ceiling fan and wood burning fireplace. An adjacent dining area is equipped with a table for seating eight or more. A counter/bar between the dining area and kitchen seats three and is great for extra dinner seating or for supervising the chef while watching TV/DVD/BluRay (Satellite TV). The kitchen is fully equipped and has a double sink, frig with icemaker & filtered water, dishwasher, microwave, range/oven, toaster oven, blender and other kitchen necessities. The home has 2 bedrooms (queen size bed in each), 2 full baths, and a full basement, but sleeps 8 with the pull-out couch (queen size) in the great room and two futons in the basement. In the basement you'll find a ping-pong table, fuseball, tv/vcr/dvd (satellite TV), keyboard, kids toys (Barbies,etc.), and a washer and dryer.
The 5 wooded acres surrounding the house make for a serene setting. Mom can relax in the hammock while dad plays with the kids on the custom fort/swing with climbing wall and rope swing. Later, have a bonfire in the large fire pit. There is a cute front porch for enjoying that morning coffee and watching the blue birds sing 'good morning' and a large back deck with a weber gas grill and old weber charcoal grill for making that perfect lunch or dinner. Enjoy midnight star-gazing that you'll never experience in the city or suburbs.
Located in a private community.
To inquire, contact owner Tom C. at the number to the right of your screen or by completing the information and clicking the 'submit' box. To book immediately, contact Terri or Carolyn (my property managers at Dockside Realty) at 800-242-LAKE (5253). Just ask to book the CHADWICK HOUSE at SAIL AWAY BAY. My property managers can take reservations online or over the phone and a credit card can be used to make payment. My property managers are available to help you at all times during your stay at Lake Anna.
* Boating, jet skiing, wakeboarding, waterskiing, knee boarding, tubing (Boat and jet ski rentals available nearby).
* Fishing (Great bass fishing in Spring and Fall).
* Swimming May through October.
* Hiking in Lake Anna State Park. The state park offers historical and nature programs, as well as trails for hiking and a beach for swimming.
* Over 10 wineries within driving distance, Lake Anna Winery is a few miles away and a fun vacation stop.
* Special events all year round including the Bluegrass Festival, Jazz in the Vineyard, and the Bluemount Concert series.
* Treasure trove of Civil War history in Fredericksburg, Manassas and other nearby locations.
* 45 minutes from Richmond, Charlottesville or Fredericksburg.
* 90 minutes from Washington DC.
* Golf: Several golf courses open to the public within a short drive.
Close proximity to the following:
* Lake Anna State Park.
* Kings Dominion Amusement Park (30 minutes).
* Blue Ridge & Shenandoah Mountains.
* Williamsburg/Busch Gardens (1.5 hours).
* UVA & Jefferson's Monticello (60 miles).
* Madison's Montpelier (50 miles).
* Old Rag (70 miles) - a fun climb.
My neighbor, Tom Dupree, who has lived on the lake for many years, offers Pontoon Boat Tours of the lake and Fishing Guide Services. Please inquire at time of booking or contact him directly 540/872/3150
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event|
Off Season Rate
Nov 1 2014 - Feb 28 2015
2 night minimum stay
Payment is usually accepted in the quoted currency (USD) unless the currency and the amount is specifically agreed in advance with the owner / advertiser.
Payments will be made to my realtor, Dockside Realty:
Dockside Realty Rentals
11006 Kentucky Springs Road
Mineral, VA 23117
(800) 242-5253 (office)
(540) 895-0679 (fax)
Nightly Rate: $120 - $195
Weekly Rate: $850 - $1095
2014 Season Rates
On Season (May 24 - August 29):
$1095.00/week (seven nights, Saturday to Saturday) holidays extra.
Weekly rentals only during "on season"
Shoulder Season (April 12 - May 23, September 2 - October 14):
$995.00/week (seven nights, Saturday to Saturday) holidays are extra.