House, 3 Bedrooms, 2 Baths, 9 Sleeps
Relax in your own private, waterfront home. The Guntersville Getaway is nestled in a small cove on scenic Lake Guntersville, which has 949 miles of winding shoreline.
There is a lot to do without even leaving the property. Relax on the large patio of this 1600 square foot waterfront home. Watch the sunset and grill out. Swing in the oversized hammock and take a nap. Watch the wildlife, which may include a Bald Eagle, Osprey or the endangered Whooping Crane. Great Blue Herons and Turtles are almost daily visitors. The turtles and ducks like to sun on the log next to the pier on sunny days.
Field and Stream Magazine voted Guntersvillle one of the top 10 fishing towns in the country. It is well know for it's Bass fishing and National tournaments. Guests often catch fish right off the bank or pier. The kids will love catching Blue Gills or Bream.
Every bedroom and the living room has floor to ceiling windows to take advantage of your lake view. You can conect to the wi fi internet in every room and even outside on the patio.
The Guntersville Getaway is located on Buck Island Shores near Gunter's Landing across from the Guntersville Yacht Club. It offers a fun and peaceful place to bring the whole family or it is a romantic retreat for two. Little ones are welcome. We have children's books and Dvd's. We also have a collection of DVD's and hardback books for our guests to enjoy. Create memories with your family that will last a lifetime.
Your private pier offers deep water year round. Summer and Spring bring boating, swimming, fishing, skiing, or just sunning. If you have had too much sun, shop till you drop in Guntersville for antiques and bargains. Or zip over to the Factory Outlet Stores in nearby Boaz and Unclaimed Baggage in Scottsboro.
It is centrally located to five first class Golf Courses: Gunters Landing, Cherokee Ridge, Robert Trent Jones/Hampton Cove and Goose Pond.
Your whole family can discover Cathedral Caverns, which has the largest cave opening in a public cave in the U.S. It is only 15 minutes away.
Spend a day exploring the Space and Rocket Center and Space Camp, in Huntsville, which attracts visitors from all over the world. Huntsville is less than an hour away.
In the fall and winter curl up next to the fire with a good book from our collection of hard backed books. Take a drive or a boat ride and treat yourselves to the explosion of fall colors.
About the Owner
Lyndall Hamlett and her adult son Nicholas Hamlett manage the Guntersville Getaway. It is the only house we rent out to vacationers.
Guestbook comments from the owner
Just arrived home from our wonderfully relaxing vacation in Guntersville! Gunterville is such a lovely town with beautiful veiws of the lake and mountains. The state park is breathtaking! This is a beautiful house that has all the comforts of home. I love to cook and the kitchen provided every gadget I needed. I also loved the beautiful stove! The house was emaculately clean. The view of the lake is breathtaking and the back patio is great. My kids loved being able to walk outside and fish and swim. The location and neigborhood is very safe and I didn't worry at all about my kids safety. Lyndall is a gracious and thoughtful hostess! My family is looking forward to going back!
Michelle H., Millry, AL
4.5 based on 15 traveler reviews
Pretty view of Lake Guntersville
If you don't swim then be aware the water access from the shore is incredibly rocky. I'm one of those non-swimmers but I love to get in the water on a raft. Needless to say i only got in the water one day.
Also on the negative side, the grass had not been cut in so long it had gone to seed. There were dead flowers in the pots on the patio.
The house was clean and comfortable. The kitchen is well stocked. However, there are still some items needed in the kitchen. The only bowl big enough to make a salad in is cracked in the bottom. You need to add a few more large bowls. There are no small, sharp knives (only steak knives.)
The owner, Lyndall, was very easy to work with. There were a few miscommunications with the manager, Nicholas, but it all worked out.
Great Location for Brothers/Uncle Annual Trip
Paradise on the lake
Activity and Interests
Things to do:
* Tour Cathedral Caverns,
* Play Golf on first class golf courses
* Visit the Space and Rocket Center and Space Camp
* Fish right off the pier
* Shop till you Drop,
* Read a book on the hammock or just look at the view
Easy access to Boat Launch - 1 Mile
Dine at local and chain restaurants
Boating - Boat rental places near by
; Water Skiing
; Wildlife Viewing and Bird Watching
; Play Tennis in Guntersville's free courts
* Walk or bike the 7 mile paved Lakefront walking trail just 3 miles away at the park. Bathrooms available.
Watch bats stream out of a bat cave. Only viewed from boat, near damn.
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event|
My Standard Rate
Feb 1 - Feb 1
Payment is usually accepted in the quoted currency (USD) unless the currency and the amount is specifically agreed in advance with the owner / advertiser.
Additional information about rental rates
- Pet Fee $10
- Refundable damage deposit $300
- Multiple pet fee per ni $15 + Tax
- Tax Rate 1.0%
$300 damage deposit required to confirm reservation. Full rental fee due one month prior to reservation. Credit cards accepted. Cash discount for paying full rental fee, not deposit, ask for details. Early Bird Special $100 off, for booking one week, 2 months in advance.
Ask forCash discount
Peak Season: Feb 29 to Oct 31,
Week- 1,372. 2 -7 nite minimum.
July 4th holiday $220 a night, 1 week minimum.
Off Season: Nov 1 to Feb 29, 155.00 Nightly; Weekly 1050.00; 2 night stay minimum.
Accept credit cards. Prices subject to change, until reservation confirmed.
Strict Cancellation policy
Early Bird sale- Book 1 week, 2 months in advance, get $100 off
From the Owner
“Much of the lake front property on Lake Guntersville is extremely steep. We have level terrain. Everything in the house is one one level. Fabulous views from every room, because of sliding glass doors and floor to ceiling windows. We make improvements in the house and property every year.”
- Away From It All
- Air Conditioning
- Clothes Dryer
- Fireplace ...
- Hair Dryer
- Internet ...
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided ...
- Living Room ...
- Parking ...
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils ...
- Kitchen ...
- Toaster ...
- Dining ...
- Dining Area
- Books ...
- DVD Player ...
- Games ...
- Satellite / Cable
- Television ...
- Toys ...
- Video Library ...
- Minimum Age Limit for Renters ...
- children welcome
- non smoking only ...
- pets considered ...
- autumn foliage
- coin laundry
- live theater
- recreation center
- bird watching
- horseback riding
- outlet shopping
Local Services & Businesses
- fitness center
- massage therapist
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- basketball court
- fly fishing
- freshwater fishing
- hunting small game
- jet skiing
- mountain biking
- pier fishing
- water skiing
- water tubing
- 2 Bathrooms
- Hall Bathroom - toilet, shower
- Bathroom 2 - toilet, shower
- Master Bathroom - toilet , shower, no tub Hall Bathroom - toilet , shower, no tub Bathrooms are adequate size, but small. These 1950's bathrooms were not designed for plus size people (300 pounds or more). But who wants to hang around in the bathroom when the beautiful lake is calling you for outdoor fun. Plans are being made to enlarge the bathroom in January 2016.
- 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 9
- Bedroom 1 - 1 queen, Master Bedroom with adjoining bathroom
- Bedroom 2 - 1 double, Bed is a full sized, which is bigger than double. Middle Bdr
- Bedroom 3 - 5 twin/ single, Large Room w/ 2 sets of bunk-beds and 1 twin.
- All bedrooms have sliding glass door view of Lake. High thread count sheets.
- Deck / Patio ...
- Outdoor Grill ...
- Guests provide their own meals
Learn more about this vacation rental at the owner's website
- Large Hammock * Boaters will like electrical outlet at dock. * 24 hour, large Walmart in Guntersville. New Publix • Pets considered • Lake Front and Lake View * Strong Free wi fi (Internet) • Child Friendly and Senior Friendly • One Level - No Stairs • Private Boat Dock • Rock, Gas Fireplace • Air Conditioning and Heating • Fully Equipped Kitchen • TV/DVD/VCR • TV in every bedroom and in living area • Microwave • Dishwasher • Breakfast Bar * Granite countertops • Coffee Maker • Pots and Pans • Utensils • Oven • Full sized Refrigerator • Washer/Dryer • Antiques • Dining Table Seats 8, Breakfast bar seats 3. • Starter set of paper goods and soaps • Hair Dryers • 2 Private Bathrooms w/shower, no tub • Queen sized bed in Master bedroom • Full sized Bed in Middle bedroom • Twin Bed and 4 Bunk Beds in 3rd Large bedroom; 5 total beds • Charcoal BBQ grill • Large pier, docking for multiple boats • Large Patio with ample furniture and cushions • Parking for Multiple Cars with Trailers • Linens Provided, Ample sized towels • Smokefree * 1 TV in the Living Area and 1 in each bedroom * Hard & paper backed books