Upper Level Stilt House, 2 Bedrooms, 1.5 Baths
If you are looking for a place to relax, you will love the upper level of this 2006 built stilt home! It is a tropical paradise private retreat with 60 feet of waterfront direct-access gulf frontage for your own personal enjoyment. This private property on the gulf coast waterfront is situated on a quiet seaside residential cul-de-sac with only six other homes. The sandy beach style 'yard' has a large patio and dock overlooking a 90-foot wide canal known as 'cow creek'. About 100 yards to the west of this property is the open gulf. Water views from most rooms.
There is a very private feel to this area and most of the view from the back is lush, natural landscape, so you won't be looking directly across to the neighbors as you would with many other rental properties. However, if you feel like getting out, there is plenty of dining, shopping, golfing, and night life to enjoy within a mile or so of the house. The home is fully furnished with a Queen size bed in the Master, two twin beds in the second bedroom, and a full-size castro convertible sofa in the great room.
Sit in front of the built-in fireplace/barbeque on the fabulous tropical back patio and you will view nature at its best! Many varieties of Ocean fish and Sea birds: Manatee, Dolphin, Sheepshead, Mullet, Gar, LadyFish, Grouper, Pelicans, Ducks, Heron, Osprey, Eagle, Woodpecker, Blue Jay, and much more. This bay is a fisherman's paradise with a bait shop just a short walk down the lane! The water in this warm, spring-fed canal is remarkably clear and lots fish can be seen at all times from the patio. I have a 10 x 16 foot dock for your your boating and swimming holiday pleasure. I will also share the use of my Mad River Canoe with stabilizers to explore miles of nearby ocean and spring fed waterways, tropical lagoon, and wetlands. If you want to rent a bigger boat they are available at the port of Hudson marina less than one mile away, or feel free to bring your own boat.
You will be renting the upper level of the home only. The separate lower level area/garage is used by me (the owner) for office, storage & recreation area. I have a separate dock area on the east side of the property for my own use as well, so I won't disturb your privacy.
Pets will be accepted on a case by case basis - feel free to ask.
Smoking is allowed only outdoors and in the covered screened porch areas. I've
set-up the porch to be as comfortable and relaxing as any other room in the house and you can even watch the cable TV from there.
About the Owner
Originally from Minnesota, but I'm never going back there in winter. I love this area of Florida...year round!
5 based on 8 traveler reviews
Nature in abundance
Our other main interest was biking. It was easy to pack up the bikes and head to the Starkey Conservation Area where there are excellent bike trails that also allow viewing of birds, turtles and deer along the trail.
The house itself was very cosy. We felt like we were in a treehouse. The kitchen has a good selection of dishes, pots and pans and other utensils for preparing meals. We found that it could have been cleaner, but did not mind spending the time to make ourselves comfortable. Not everything on the property was well maintained. The kayak and boat were not really usable for inexperienced people like ourselves as they needed some attention. We stuck to dry land! Unfortunately the no-sees were alive and numerous and apparently very hungry. Their presence was somewhat of a hindrance when sitting outside.
Be prepared to have your own telephone as the one in the house is for emergencies only.
The owner was kind and provided the necessary information. She was completely unobtrusive, which we appreciated.
One bonus we were very pleased with was the collection of books available in the house. We spent many happy hours reading and relaxing in our home away from home.
The location is excellent for nature lovers and for just relaxing. The manatees and porpoise put on a show for us as well as all the birds.
It was just a great two weeks.
From the Owner
“Close to everything one could need (walking distance, really)...yet feels very secluded and tropical.”
Activity and Interests
Many golf courses to choose from! Very inexpensive compared to other parts of the USA.
Within 2 miles (Walking/Biking Distance):
1) The fisherman's shack (a quaint beer & wine joint with live music)
2) Ice cream parlor (1950's style soda shop on the corner of Clark and
3) Next door to the Ice cream place is a canal waterfront Greek Deli with a patio. Great spanakopita.
4) Get Hooked at Port of Hudson Marina (best fresh-catch seafood around!)
5) Pirates Cove aka Ollie Oysters on Clark Street (live music at the tiki bar)
6) Sam's on the beach - Clark Street (Full bar and restaurant right on
the open gulf. Great crab cakes & dolphin watching. Music on weekends)
7) Inn on the Gulf - Clark Street (Fantastic Fine Quality Sea food, reasonably priced)
8) 20th Hole Golf & Rec Club on New York Avenue. Hit some balls at the driving range and then eat some fabulous burgers & wings.
9) Skinny's on Hwy 19. Food and Full liquor bar. Nice tropical atmosphere with Beach volleyball and a mechanical bull.
10) Hudson Beach on Clark Street (smaller but nice sandy beach, less
hectic than the ones in St. Petersburg or Clearwater)
11) Weekend Flea Market at the corner of Hwy 19 and Hwy 52
12) Closest Shopping Mall with Groceries, liquor, shops and a Chinese resturaunt at the corner of Hudson Rd and Hwy 19, only 1 mile from the house. Wallgreens and Burger King right across from that shopping mall
Further out (more than 1/2 hour drive):
Tampa/Clearwater/St. Petersburg (all about a 30 to 40 minute drive)
MacDill Air Force Base
The Salvador Dali Museum (low admission rates on Thursdays)
The Columbia Restaurant (fine Cuban dining - get a Mojito)
Tarpon Springs (20 mins. away Greek village renowned for sponge
diving and serene Anclote Beach)
Port Richey and New Port Richey - 15 to 20 minutes drive (great shopping, dining, and the Cotee river)
Pine Island beach (warm shallow waters, surrounded by wildlife)
Weekee Wachi (See the world famous mermaids or rent canoes)
Homossassa Springs (nature parks, manatee boat tours)
Orlando attractions, Disney and the Kennedy Space center (about an
hour and a half drive)
Historic Brooksville, San Antonio and Dade City (about 20 miles)
offer great shopping and historic sites.
*We have a list of fun activity suggestions in the area, as well as a
journal from other guests and their experiences in the area!
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
May 1 2015 - Oct 31 2015
2 night minimum stay
Winter & Holiday
Nov 1 2015 - Apr 30 2016
Changeover Day: Saturday
7 night minimum stay
|Notes: Rates are based on 2 guests; add $15 per night, per additional guest|
My Standard Rate
2 night minimum stay
* Approximate monthly rate. Actual rate will depend on the days of the month you stay.
Payment is usually accepted in the quoted currency (USD) unless the currency and the amount is specifically agreed in advance with the owner / advertiser.
Additional information about rental rates
- Pet Fee $50.00
- Refundable damage deposit $100.00
- Each extra guest $100.00
- Tax Rate 9.0%
10% downpayment required to hold reservation. Downpayment is non-refundable if you cancel for any reason, unless I am able to re-rent those same dates. Rentals of 1 week or more must be paid at time of check-in (US Currency). For shorter rentals the balance must be paid 1 week prior to checkin, unless paid in cash at check-in.
A one "month" rental is considered as 4 weeks.
Option B) 2BR/2BA manufactured home in lovely Shadow Wood Village community 2 miles from the main house. Htd community pool.
From the Owner
“Clean!!! Modern decor.”
- Air Conditioning
- Dining Area
- pets considered
- Beach View
- Ocean View
- live theater
- recreation center
- water parks
- bird watching
- eco tourism
- gambling casinos
- horseback riding
- outlet shopping
- paddle boating
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
- fitness center
- massage therapist
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- deepsea fishing
- freshwater fishing
- mountain biking
- pier fishing
- scuba diving or snorkeling
- sound/bay fishing
- 1 Bathroom,
- 1 Half Bath
- Bathroom 1
- Half Bathroom
- 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Outdoor Grill
- Guests provide their own meals
- Kitchen stocked with dishes, cookware, coffeemaker, toaster oven, electric stove with oven, microwave, blender, dishwasher, fridge/freezer with ice maker and filtered water dispenser, also a clothes washer, dryer, iron and board. Sunny Bedrooms have beds, pillows, linens, closets, and drawers. Bathrooms have bath & beach towels, wash cloths, hand towels, soap, and some first aid supplies. Great room has a 25' television with FM stereo on a swivel cart. Cable television, and high-speed internet access are included. There is also a VCR, DVD and CD player, movies and some board games. Covered screen porch is carpeted and has a small eating table, 4 rocker chairs and a double glider with water views all around! Patio area has table & chairs and a couple of fold- out loungers. 2 Mountain Bikes (mens) Fishing poles in the garage (bait shop is right around the corner on the other side of the bay). Shared use of Canoe.