Cottage, 3 Bedrooms, 2.5 Baths, 7 Sleeps
Totally renovated, new furnishings, new kitchen, new bathrooms, new
bedrooms....all new, fresh and
ready for your vacation.
11 acres of privacy and beauty. Year-Round Views!
All the windows and doors are from a well-known mansion in
The cabin features four decks:
- an intimate dining deck with a spectacular view
-an intimate conversation deck with a spectacular view
- one huge deck, the size of a four car garage for group get-
togethers, dining or lazing the day away
- one large deck on a grassy knoll with 6-8 person hot tub and that
It features a wood burning fireplace.
Three bedrooms & Sleeping nook (sleeps 7).
Two king beds, two twin beds and 1 twin luxury futon. Twin beds can
be converted to king prior to
your arrival. So...essentially, we can sleep 6 adults in 3 high-
quality king beds with luxurious
linens and one other adult in the luxury futon.
Cashmere-like robes for 6 adults.
Refrigerator with ice-maker, a dishwasher and a new gas range.
Two living areas: one for reading and conversation by the fire and
the other for watching TV.
Two dining areas: a dining counter for 6 and dining table for 4.
We have three flat panel TV's - all with DVD player built in.
Large collection of DVD's for your viewing pleasure.
DISH Satellite TV and wireless high speed internet connection.
Local telephone service with an answering machine.
All furnishings are new, beautiful and luxurious.
Two full baths (one with refinished claw foot tub and the other a
modern walk-in shower)and one half
bath in the loft.
Six to eight person hot tub on the "grassy knoll" with a spectacular
A kitchen with all your gourmet food preparation and serving needs
The perfect cabin in the mountains!
About the Owner
5 based on 11 traveler reviews
The perfect cabin in the mountains!
Depending on what you're looking for this could be fantastic !!!!Depending on what you're looking for this could be fantastic !!!!
We recently celebrated Christmas here with our children ( ages 16- 29 )- we were close and cozy- and they loved it. They took in Asheville ( 20 minute drive) one day. As for me ... you can't get me off the mountain . I've stayed here 3-4 times . It's well worth the ascent ( last 200 yards steep) up the mountain . It's my retreat. I love this place.
Best place for a romantic getaway
Thank you for your descriptive review. The small details our guests notice is still amazing to me. You mentioned the porthole window in the master bath—it’s unique & amazingly, it works. It is very nice to open when showering as it gives one a sense of being "one with nature". I think when we spoke the morning after your check-in, you said the cottage had a whimsical touch. I loved that comment! Of course, we assumed a few gourmet cooks would stay at this quaint cottage, so we made sure to buy all the necessary cooking tools and utensils one would need. Oh, and that view you mentioned - it's just unstoppable. I make sure to get up early enough each morning when I stay there to see the every changing views - it is quite something. And, YES, we do stay in our vacation homes to ensure they are perfect for our guests. We love to experience it all. The water falling sounds from the creek are gently noticeable throughout the property and it is so relaxing and meditative. I think I built the new deck for the hot tub shortly after your stay. We now have a multi-level deck with bistro tables for relaxing after a soak under the stars. It’s also a great place to have early morning breakfast if you so desire. (We even had a wedding on the new deck a month after we built it – how great is that.) Of course, the three decks attached to the house provide plenty of outdoor dining opportunities as you know. Thank you again for coming and I look forward to many more visits from you and your family. All my best, Brea
A secluded, charming mountain getaway!
The spacious outdoor hot tub topped off each evening with spectacular views overlooking the mountains.
Even though the Cottage was so secluded and private high atop the mountain, it was a short drive to get groceries or to drive into Asheville for sightseeing.
Brea was so sincere and thorough in everything... from detailed driving directions to a notebook filled with every logistical detail needed for a great stay. A lot of love went into creating this beautiful place! I've been back a couple of times and have recommended it as a great getaway to my friends!
Solitude With A View
Activity and Interests
All activities Asheville and surrounding has to offer.
- Nightly Rate: $220 - $280
Minimum Stay Requirements:
Two-night minimum: Jan 5 through May 31 and November 1 through
December 20(exception: Thanksgiving).
Three-night minimum: June 1 through October 31
Four-night minimum: Thanksgiving week beginning Wednesday through
Sunday and Christmas week beginning December 21 through the New Year to January 5.
PLEASE REQUEST A QUOTE
Sun-Thurs - winter $220
Sun-Thurs - standard $220
Fri-Sat - winter $250
Fri-Sat - standard $270
Premium Holiday Rate - $280
10% discount for 7-14 nights.
PLEASE REQUEST A QUOTE
Fees & Taxes:
The cleaning fee is $125 per reservation. A 3% processing fee will be assessed on the rent amount only, plus 11% taxes on the rent amount only. $50 Damage Waiver Protection.
We accept these credit cards: American Express, MasterCard, Visa, Discover
51% of the reservation total will be due at the time of reservation. The balance is due 28 days prior to check-in.
You are guaranteed a reservation when all paperwork is complete and the above fees are received.
If you are booking inside or less than the 28 day time frame, the entire rental fees, security deposit and cleaning fee must be paid. Credit card or overnight cashier’s check is the only form of payment in this time frame.
All reservations incur NC Sales & Lodging Tax (11%)in addition to the rental amounts and any fees.
$50 Damage Waiver Fee is non-refundable and gives you up to $500 in protection for accidental damage to property. Renters will be responsible for any damages above $500.
- Air Conditioning
Pool / Spa
- Hot Tub
- children welcome
- non smoking only
- pets not allowed
- Mountain View
- 2 Bathrooms,
- 1 Half Bath
- Bathroom 1
- Bathroom 2
- Half Bathroom
- 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 7
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Outdoor Grill
- Incredible View Stream with waterfall 30 feet from house - wonderful sound! Forested Surroundings - 11 Acres of PRIVATE & SECLUDED Land 3 Bedrooms & Sleeping Nook -- Sleeps 7 -Loft Bedroom King (Luxury Serta) -Master Bedroom King (Luxury Serta) -Twin Beds - Sleeps 2 (can convert to luxury King Bed) -Sleeping Nook - 1 Twin Futon Woodburning Fireplace Central Air and Heat 2.5 Bathrooms Hair Dryers Hot Tub with Fabulous View Under the Stars & Moon (not on deck at house) Full Size Refrigerator with Freezer Dishwasher Microwave 3 Flat Panel TVs with satellite & all TV's have built-in DVD player DVD Library High Speed Wireless Internet Service Telephone Service, Telephone & Answering Machine Washer & Dryer - Full Size 4 Deck's 2 Dining Decks - both with seating for 6 Charcoal Grill Dishes & Cooking Utensils - very extensive list of items Thermal Carafe Coffee Maker & Permanent Gold Mesh Filter Coffee Bean Grinder Luxury Linens for each bed Luxury Pillows for each bed 2 blankets for each bed Bath towels and wash cloths Portable Crib Luxury Robes Starter supply of Coffee, Tea, Cream & Sugar Starter supply of Toilet Paper & Paper Towels Starter supply of Laundry Detergent & Softener Starter supply of Dishwasher Detergent Some cleaning supplies & tools 2 vacuum cleaners (for loft and for lower floors) Fire extinguisher