This comfortable, warm vacation home has these features:
* 2 bedrooms, 2 baths on lower level; kitchen, living/dining room on upper level; more than 1400 sq ft.
* Fully furnished and equipped.
* 'Mountain cabin' feel throughout in furnishings and appointments.
* Master bedroom includes Cal King bed and furniture; 2nd bedroom includes Queen bed and furniture; loft has a single-size 'day bed.'
* 'Pull out' sofa bed in living room.
* Ample closet and storage spaces.
* Laundry (washer and dryer) included inside unit.
* Wood-burning stove upstairs in living room.
* Electric heat in all rooms.
* Windows and sliding glass doors that open for ventilation.
* Kitchen has refrigerator, electric stove and oven, microwave, dishwasher.
* Ample outside parking.
* Great privacy, but convenient to Snowcreek Meadow, parking and shuttle stop.
* This development is noted for its high quality of maintenance and appearance.
Excellent location and fabulous view! Snowcreek is a beautifully maintained condo complex with beautiful flowers, plantings, creeks, etc. in the summer and very well maintained in the winter (snowplowed parking & shoveled walkways). This condo is on Solitude in Phase II which is close to everything (Old Mammoth Road, Minaret, winter shuttle pickup, Vons shopping center, restaurants, theaters, etc.). The condo itself is very clean, well maintained, user friendly with great living room and dining room seating, a washer/dryer available for use, and nice bedrooms & bathrooms. The kitchen contents (pans, appliances, serving and cooking dishes & utensils, etc.) are the BEST I've ever found in a condo rental at Snowcreek or anywhere else. I'd definitely try to rent this condo again!
This vacation home is at an elevation of almost 8000 feet in one of the most scenic areas of California. Local activities include downhill skiing, snowboarding, cross-country skiing, snowshoeing, hiking, biking, sight-seeing, walking, strolling, ambling, relaxing and soaking-in the High Sierra environment.
The Mammoth Mountain Ski Area and local shopping and entertainment are within a 5 to 10 minute drive or shuttle bus ride; much of the shopping is reachable after a moderate walk.
Weather and road conditions permitting, all of these areas that are outside of Mammoth Lakes are within a one hour drive:
* June Lake and Convict Lake (about 20 minutes).
* John Muir Wilderness (about 40 minutes via Rock Creek).
* Mono Lake (about 30 minutes).
* Yosemite National Park/Tuolumne Meadows (via Tioga Pass).
* Towns of Bishop and Lee Vining.
* Laws railroad museum and outdoor exhibit near Bishop.
* Many other scenic areas of the Eastern Sierra.