House, 3 Bedrooms, 2 Baths, 8 Sleeps
This comfortable cottage on the north shore of the Shuswap Lake at Magna Bay is the perfect retreat and vacation spot. The south-facing location ensures that the cottage and beach enjoy full sun from early morning till sunset. The gentle slope of the beach into the water provides a safe place for toddlers and young children to play. Fifty-foot private dock and buoys to ensure safe overnight moorage. The three bedrooms, two bathrooms and two sitting areas provide ample space for families sharing the accommodation. Plenty of parking is available for vehicles. The direct access to the lake makes this a great choice for your summer vacation!
Excellent vacation spot! Would absolutely return!
About the Owner
My husband and I have been returning to the Shuswap Lake with our family for our summer vacation for 28 years. When asked, all of our children replied that their best childhood memories were the summers spent enjoying the warm water and family time in what we believe is the best 'cottage country' atmosphere in the B.C. interior. Our adult children still make time in their calendars to join us for as many days as they can manage when we take our annual summer vacation.
5 based on 3 traveler reviews
Excellent vacation spot! Would absolutely return!
Exceeded our expectations
Great spot in Magna Bay
Sitting around the fire pit at night give us some great family time together.
There is a Sea-Doo rental shop minutes away which we have used a couple of times. We usually get our groceries in Scotch Creek which is about 30 minutes away by car, but there is a little store within walking distance if you run out of anything. There is also a family restaurant at Scotch Creek with decent food and bowling if you fancy a night out.
The owners are a pleasure to deal with. They respond promptly to any of our inquiries and dealt with small issues quickly.
I would recommend staying at this cabin.
From the Owner
“Before my Mom purchased this cottage, we rented other cottages on Shuswap Lake. We loved all of our stays but we were absolutely delighted that Mom was able to purchase her cottage on this particular bay. We believe, as do many others that frequent this lake, that Magna Bay is the best bay on the lake. We feel that the water is protected from some of the prevailing winds and the many people that come into this bay to enjoy water sports must agree. The south-facing orientation ensures that you can take advantage of the much loved sun all day, if you choose to--not an option for many of the locations on the lake, which are often in shade for much of the day.”
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event|
My Standard Rate
Jun 27 2015 - Sep 7 2015
Changeover Day: Saturday
7 night minimum stay
Payment is usually accepted in the quoted currency (CAD) unless the currency and the amount is specifically agreed in advance with the owner / advertiser.
Additional information about rental rates
- Refundable damage deposit C$350
DEPOSIT: A rental deposit in the amount of $543.75 (being 25% of rental rate), dated for immediate deposit, is required with submission of the signed lease agreement.
BALANCE: Balance of rent, (in the amount of $1,631.25) and Security Deposit (in the amount of $350.00) are both payable by post-dated cheque (total amount of $1,981.25) dated one month prior to the rental date. PAY PAL an option.
Weekly Rate: $2175.00
$2,175.00 per week, June 27 to September 7, 2015. The week of August 29 to September 7 includes the extra Saturday and Sunday nights at no extra charge as it is the Labour Day weekend. Rental is Saturday to Saturday. Cleaning service after your stay is included in the fee.
From the Owner
“Having stayed at other cottages, we were able to experience what other people have to offer and we have made it our mission to make your stay at this cottage as hassle-free as possible. Everyone is busy, especially when getting ready for vacation, and especially when packing for children is involved. We have tried to foresee your needs and have equipped our cottage to provide as many of the basics and amenities as possible to lessen the workload. The kitchen is very well-equipped, the barbecue is fully-loaded with rotisserie and features and we have tons of outdoor furniture to give you lots of options for enjoying the outdoors. We have a great selection of games and books, two T.V.'s and two living areas, so that parents and kids can have their own space, if desired.”
- Clothes Dryer
- Garage ...
- Hair Dryer
- Heating ...
- Internet ...
- Iron & Board
- Living Room
- Parking ...
- Telephone ...
- Washing Machine
- Wood Stove ...
- Coffee Maker ...
- Dishes & Utensils ...
- Kitchen ...
- Pantry Items ...
- Refrigerator ...
- Stove ...
- Toaster ...
- Dining Area
- Books ...
- DVD Player ...
- Games ...
- Satellite / Cable ...
- Television ...
- Minimum Age Limit for Renters ...
- children welcome ...
- non smoking only ...
- pets not allowed ...
- wheelchair inaccessible ...
- Beach View
- Lake View
- Mountain View
- 1450 sq. ft.
- 2 Bathrooms
- Bathroom 1 - toilet, shower, Main floor
- Bathroom 2 - toilet, combination tub/shower, Second floor.
- 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8
- Bedroom 1 - 2 double, Main level bdrm. has double over double bunk beds; sleeps 4
- Bedroom 2 - 1 queen, 2 double, Double over double bunk beds and queen bed; sleeps 6
- Bedroom 3 - 1 king, Master bedroom
- Balcony ...
- Deck / Patio ...
- Kayak / Canoe ...
- Outdoor Grill ...
- Water Sports Gear ...
- Guests provide their own meals
- - Fifty foot frontage on the lake with an additional fifty feet of public beach access to the right of the cottage. - Cottage is approximately 1450 square feet in size (725 upstairs, 725 downstairs). - Three bedrooms and two full bathrooms. - Main floor consists of the living room with fir open-beam ceiling, free-standing wood stove and 32' flat screen T.V. with satellite and Bluray ; dining room, kitchen, full bathroom with shower, laundry/storage room, bedroom with double size bunk beds (sleeps four) with large closet, access to generous viewing/barbeque deck (30' x 12'). - Upper level has two bedrooms--one with king-size bed and one combination bedroom/living area that sleeps six (double-size bunk beds and queen bed) with access to viewing deck; the living area contains a second 32' flat-screenT.V. with satellite and Bluray and sofa and chairs. - The configuration of the rooms and sleeping facilities provide several options for families wishing to share the cottage; MAXIMUM OF EIGHT PEOPLE. - Fully equipped kitchen: dishwasher, microwave, garburetor; kitchen appliances include coffee maker, toaster oven, breakfast griddle, blender, slow-cooker, mix master, etc.; basic kitchen supplies such as casserole dishes, cookware, linens, spices and cleaning supplies, laundry soap and dryer sheets, food wrap and most essentials. - Local phone calls - Secure high-speed wireless internet service. - Fifty feet of private beach with fire pit; flat, private lot with easy access from Squilax-Anglemont Road. - Fifty foot dock and buoys for exclusive use of cottage guests. - Parking for four to five vehicles; covered carport. - Firewood is provided for the fire pit and free-standing fireplace. - Gas barbeque. - Public boat launch located at Anglemont Marina. - Ross Creek General Store (a few minutes north of the cottage) has groceries, hot food, pizza , gas/diesel; Sunnyside Market (approx. 5-7 minutes drive toward Scotch Creek) has a grocery store with liquor sales; community of Scotch Creek (approx. 20 minutes drive) has grocery stores, pharmacy, hardware stores, marina, etc. - The community of Anglemont, a short drive north of Magna Bay, has a nine-hole golf course. - Professional cleaning after your stay is included in the rental fee. - No pets. Exclusions: personal linens such as towels and bedding (sheets, pillows and blankets).