House, 5 Bedrooms, 3.5 Baths, 12 Sleeps
Walloon Lake Front 5400 square foot custom built luxurious home that sleeps 12. This log lodge was
newly built in July 2007. Beautiful view of Walloon Lake. 150 feet on Lake Walloon with log home on
1.5 acres. Walloon lake is an all sports lake with 32 miles of shoreline. Great for fishing and
Georgous Log home on Walloon Lake
About the Owner
Guestbook comments from the owner
This was the best vacation we have had < The log and cottage were immiculate and very nice. They were both well equipped . The children loved the huge sand box and the outdoor fire pit. The adults mliked the pontoon and the hot tub. The shuffle board was interesting as was the bumper pool. We will return.
3.7 based on 3 traveler reviews
Georgous Log home on Walloon Lake
Similar experience to others
- you can't use the laundry room (even though you are likely paying $5K per week for the place)
- They wrote up the cleaning fee to absurd amounts, and were ridiculous about getting the security deposit back
- the cleaning fee included the cottage next door that they stayed in, not us
- The owners stayed in the cottage next door and were approximately 100 feet from us the entire time
- The owners frequently entered the cottage without knocking, and provided friendly advice about what we were not using properly
- The hot tub that was advertised had been "hit by lightning" and was not usable for the duration of our visit. Maybe so, but, given everything else, I am not sure if this was true.
- Walloon is a great lake, but, the water down there is pretty murky and shallow. Not much room to dock a boat.
- the pontoon boat that you can rent from them is pretty old and ricketty.
I'm guessing that these people rent this place to earn a few extra bucks in their retirement. This is probably their dream home and they probably love the place to death (it is nice). . . but, it seems they just aren't the kinds of people to rent a home, because they are not happy with people using their property. . . and they want to try to stick you for as much as you can. I'd avoid this place.
Family Reunion on Walloon
Activity and Interests
Walloon lake is an all sports lake. Boating, swimming, fishing, water skiing, jet skiing, and
pontooning to name a few activities. Close to Odawa Casino. Boine Mountain, Nubs Nob, and Boine
Highlands for down hill and cross country skiing. Class 5 star restaurants. Great shopping in
Petoskey, Charlevoix, Harbor Springs and Bay Harbor. Several challenging golf courses. Bike and
walking trails. Continuous cultural activities in the area including art fairs, craft fairs,
antique festivals, Venetian festival, etc.
Prime time - June, July, August and Christmas week $5,500.00 or $6,500.00 with a pontoon boat.
Call for other rates
- Sports & Activities
Pool / Spa
- Hot Tub
- pets not allowed
- Beach View
Sports & Adventure Activities
- 3 Bathrooms,
- 1 Half Bath
- Bathroom 1
- Bathroom 2
- Bathroom 3
- Half Bathroom
- 5 Bedrooms, Sleeps 12
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Bedroom 5
- Quiet setting with large deck overlooking lake. 1.5 acre grassy yard with shallow swim beach. 24 foot sand box for children. Firepit, 50 foot dock, 2 car garage. Luxurious home with 5 bedrooms sleeps 12. Hardwood floors throughout with three and a half ceramic baths. Jacuzzi tub and separate hot tub room. Large granite kitchen with all appliances. Beautiful stone wood burning fireplace. Log interior with outdoor decor including, antler chandeliers. Entire front of home is glass overlooking Walloon Lake. 40 foot great room has 4 sliding doors to lake front.