Studio, 0 Bedrooms, 1 Baths, 2 Sleeps
~~ Romance on a budget ~~
Enjoy exploring Venice & Santa Monica from my Hideaway!
Walk everywhere! Walk to Main Street's trendy bistros (7 blocks), to the world's largest solar energy Ferris Wheel on the Santa Monica Pier (30 min), to the Promenade's boutiques (20 min), to the new Santa Monica Place's stores and ocean view dining, to funky Venice Boardwalk's 'muscle beach' (15 min) and -- hey, to the BEACH ~ only 8 blocks!
Walk to Exhale and other yoga studios, Vidal Sassoon, Venice Google, American Film Market.
1 block to bus to UCLA.
Grocery store, pharmacy and great value restaurants and kid-friendly parks 1 block away. Whole Foods 5 blocks away. Walk to several raw food restaurants.
Quiet, safe, residential family-friendly neighborhood.
The Casita is its own studio -- not a shared room in a house! Separate, private, secure entrance. Comfy queen bed w/pillowtop mattress, luxury sheets, pillows, blankets, beach towels....everything you need to make your beach vacation perfect!
Kitchenette with mini-fridge, stove top w/4 burners, microwave, toaster, coffee maker, and blender (for those happy hour moments!), dishes, utensils, pots, pans.
Private bathroom with stall shower. Manual wheelchair accessible.
Perfect for the romantic couple or solo traveler. Max 2 people.
Soak up the sun, surf the 'net, or meet other travelers in the communal back yard.
FREE full cable TV w/hundreds of free movies on demand.
FREE use of on-site washer/dryer w/detergent included.
FREE on-street parking.
Comes with Charley, my house cat! (He can be kept out of the Casita.)
An eye-popping bargain at $120/night, weekly break at $109/night for 7 nights +.
$75 cleaning fee + $500 refundable deposit.
Min 2 nights. Max 2 people.
Ask about my cozy studio HIDEAWAY at the same great location for 1 or 2 people @ $98- $103/night or my 2-BR BUNGALOW for up to 6 people.
I love offering my home to people who appreciate a great deal at a fabulous location.
Please make your first inquiry by e-mail. I may not be in LA's time zone.
ALL EMAILED INQUIRIES ANSWERED WITHIN 12 HOURS. Thank you for your inquiry!
Santa Monica Gem
About the Owner
I've lived in Santa Monica for 35+ years. I helped found Heal the Bay, served on the city Women's Commission, and fundraised for an organization that helps homeless and low income families. I now write a column for a local newspaper.
I'd love to share my home to give you the most memorable Santa Monica experience!
4.9 based on 20 traveler reviews
Santa Monica Gem
Great place in Santa Monica!
The neighborhood is nice and quiet. The Casita is convenient to a grocery store and various restaurant options. It's also close to the beach. In summary, great whether you have a vehicle or not. A bicycle would be great if you have a way to bring one along.
Overall, the Casita was clean, convenient and fun - we plan to stay again the next time we are in LA. Kelly and Wendy made everything easy and our cleaning fee was promptly refunded with no particular effort on our part. Thanks ladies for making our time in LA memorable!
Comfortable place to stay with a great location!
A lovely place to stay when on business in L.A.
Good find in Santa Monica
From the Owner
“My Casita is a comfy "unfussy" studio -- great for couples and folks who just want to relax in their own place. Location is great!”
Activity and Interests
It's LA! Walk to beach, funky Venice Boardwalk, Santa Monica Pier.
Walk to Farmer's Market, yoga on the beach, Main Street's trendy boutiques and restaurants, the Promenades' movies and nightlife.
Grocery/liquor store 1 block away. Major cross-town buses 1 block away.
• Hiking in Santa Monice Mountains w/breathtaking views ~ 10 min drive.
• Shopping in exclusive Beverly Hills ~ 20 min drive.
• Swimming, surfing, fishing in Pacific! ~ ONLY 8 blocks!
• Cruise Pacific Coast Highway ~ 5 min drive.
• Getty Museum ~ 20 min drive.
• LAX ~ 1/2 hr drive.
• #10 Freeway ~ 5 minute drive.
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event|
My Standard Rate
Mar 20 2015 - Sep 15 2016
2 night minimum stay
My Standard Rate
2 night minimum stay
Payment is usually accepted in the quoted currency (USD) unless the currency and the amount is specifically agreed in advance with the owner / advertiser.
Additional information about rental rates
- Refundable damage deposit $500.00
- Tax Rate 14.0%
1/2 due to confirm reservation. Balance due 14 days before arrival. Secure payment via PayPal.
An eye-popping bargain at $120/night for 2 people maximum.
$109/night for 7+nights!
14% additional mandatory city tax on nightly fee, not on cleaning fee or security deposit. No tax on stays of 30+ nights.
$75 cleaning fee. Refundable security deposit of $500.
No other charges: FREE WiFI, FREE cable, FREE laundry, FREE on-street parking.
I have a thorough booking agreement to protect us both....Many Cosy Casita guests return regularly!
Please ignore the computerized "total quote" generated by this web site. It's not accurate!
From the Owner
“I love the light and ocean breezes!”
- Away From It All
- Sports & Activities
- Tourist Attractions
- Clothes Dryer ...
- Hair Dryer
- Heating ...
- Internet ...
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided ...
- Parking ...
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine ...
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils
- Kitchen ...
- Pantry Items
- Dining ...
- Dining Area
- Satellite / Cable
- Television ...
- Long-term Renters Welcome
- children welcome
- pets not allowed ...
- smoking allowed ...
- wheelchair accessible ...
- botanical garden
- live theater
- nude beach
- recreation center
- theme parks
- water parks
- winery tours
- bird watching
- eco tourism
- horseback riding
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
- whale watching
Local Services & Businesses
- fitness center
- massage therapist
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- basketball court
- deepsea fishing
- equestrian events
- jet skiing
- mountain biking
- pier fishing
- roller blading
- scuba diving or snorkeling
- sound/bay fishing
- surf fishing
- water skiing
- 1 Bathroom
- Bathroom 1
- Private bathroom with stall shower with fabulous water pressure.
- Studio, Sleeps 2
- Bedroom 1 - 1 queen
- Really comfy queen bed with pillow top mattress! Fold-down table with kitchenette.
- Bicycles ...
- Deck / Patio ...
- Lawn / Garden
- Outdoor Grill
- Guests provide their own meals
- FREE WiFi & full cable TV (w/hundreds of FREE movies on demand). Soak up the sun, surf the 'net, or meet other travelers in the communal back yard. FREE laundry available. Queen bed with pillowtop mattress, luxury sheets, pillows, blankets, beach towels....everything you need to make your beach vacation perfect! Kitchenette with mini-fridge, microwave, sink, dishes & silver, toaster, blender (for those margarita Happy Hours!), coffeemaker, stovetop w/4 burners. Private bathroom with stall shower. Private entrance. This is a stand-alone studio for your enjoyment! Your stay at my Casita helps support my work to assist Iraqi refugees. Read more at LivingLargeInLimbo (dot) com I love offering my home to people who appreciate a great deal at a fabulous location! Please make your first inquiry by e-mail. I can respond to you more quickly and efficiently, especially when I'm traveling through different zones.