House, 4 Bedrooms, 2 Baths, 10 Sleeps
Lock In Your 2015 Peak Summer Vacation Rental Now With A $450.00 Deposit.
2014-15 Fall/Winter/Spring 5 Night Min. Rental
2015 PEAK SUMMER SEASON: Available For Weekly, Saturday to Saturday Rentals Only.
***Two consecutive weeks take 10% off...Three consecutive weeks take 15% off***
A $450.00 non-refundable Rental Deposit (applied to your rental) secures your vacation at the beach! V/MC/AMX/Discover Cards accepted. Taxes 12.75% (6% accommodations, 6.75% sales) plus $120.00 end of stay cleaning charge.
Traditional Ocean Isle Beach Vacation Cottage
Before there were beach McMansions, there were beach cottages.
Originally built in the early 70's three rows back, this cottage is
one hurricane from ocean front and two from becoming Youngs Reef (thanks
in part to inlet dredging)! Now available with free hi speed Wi-Fi.
Enjoy spectacular million dollar ocean, inlet, and island views from
the front deck. Clear views of Holden Beach and Oak Island across
Shallotte Inlet, too. How close to the ocean? You can toss a football
into the surf from the front yard at high tide. Island's End (a.k.a. Almost Oceanfront) is a well kept, older beach cottage. Only rented four seasons!
Please Note: We do not reply to incomplete inquiries. Please include you phone number when contacting us! Thanks.
To Rent Our Beach House/Deposit:
Be sure that the house is available. Check the calendar. We welcome your weekly or monthly rental.
You may reserve your dates with a $450.00 non-refundable rental deposit, applied to your weekly rental, using a V/MC/AMX/Discover card by phone. With your rental deposit, we will: 1) reserve your vacation dates and remove availability from our web sites, 2) execute and email a Vacation Rental Agreement/Terms for your signature.
About two weeks prior to your arrival, (provided that we have received your signed Agreement and full payment), we will forward 1) A door code number, 2) driving directions, 3) list of things to bring, 4) recommendations for fun things to see and do. It's that simple!
CANCELLATIONS/REFUNDS- BEFORE February 15, 2015- If your reservation must be cancelled, for any reason, all money paid will be forfeited unless the house is re-rented for the entire cancelled period and for the full rental amount. If re-rented, monies will be refunded less the reservation rental deposit. No Refunds AFTER February 15, 2015. No refunds for mandatory evacuations. In case of mandatory evacuations, we may (totally at our discretion) offer you a reduced rent or alternate date(s). You may also purchase vacation rental insurance from a 3rd party.
PETS and SMOKING: We are absolutely convinced that your pet is clean, well behaved, perfectly adorable and exceptional in every way possible. However, guests that are specifically looking for smoke and pet free accommodations expect and deserve what we advertise, 100% of the time, without exceptions. This is a smoke and pet free rental. Sorry, we don't make exceptions for any reason. Thanks for not asking.
Great place for a quiet family vacation!
About the Owner
We have vacationed at Ocean Isle and Sunset Beach since we were kids. Now grown with our own grown kids, Ocean Isle still holds its magic and allure. We love OIB, we hope you will too.
Guestbook comments from the manager
If there were anytime to visit the Atlantic, fall is it! The water is warm, the air is crisp and the beach is uncrowned. We had a ball. The views from the front deck of this house were second to none. The house was so easy to be comfortable in with family and friends. It felt like a second home. The walk to the beach was a breeze. Great biking and running. Great cooking and eating accommodations. Fresh local seafood was easy to cook in the giant steam pot and outdoor grill. If we come back to North Carolina, we will come back. Islands End and it's owner gets 5 stars!
4.7 based on 11 traveler reviews
Great place for a quiet family vacation!
This place is a treasure. Do yourself a favor and book it! Great price, beautiful, clean, comfortable and quiet. :)
Thanks so much for your kind review. We try to keep our house nice enough to enjoy but not to nice that you would not feel comfortable getting comfortable. Islands End is what a beach house should be...a summer escape and a place to recharge, relax and unwind. We love that our guests treat our house like their home. And while mishaps happen, nothing is so valuable that it can't be replaced. We appreciate your remarks and hope to see you again next summer. Be on the lookout for great book early deals in January-February of 2015. We will be sure to put you on our IContact email list. Safe travels
Great House ! Great Location !
This house and owner keeps us coming back
Next year will be our forth summer renting our beach house. Renting directly to folks like you (and not through a faceless rental company), has created a great group returning families that treat our house like it was their home. It has also allowed us to respond faster and better to our guests needs. Something that is very important and always gets shortchanged when a third party handles rentals. We appreciate your return visit and kind remarks. Hope to see you again soon.
We call our house "Almost Oceanfront" because there is a street in front, then a dune, the beach and ocean. If this was an oceanfront home, I would proudly say "oceanfront home" for rent! But we don't. We are "Almost Oceanfront". I feel we are pretty spot on with our description of the house and its "Almost Oceanfront" location, but at your urging, we will review our description again. We do not want to confuse anyone.
From the Owner
“The house is located on the far east end. It is quiet with amazing ocean, inlet and island views from the front deck. Few homes enjoy such great views without being oceanfront. Walk to Shallotte Inlet (end of island) or to the Atlantic Intra Coastal Waterway and fish, crab or watch the boats go by. Bike, walk, run, to the center of the village. Fish from the pier or the surf. It is easy to get comfortable in this house and surroundings.”
Activity and Interests
Air Conditioning/Central Air Internet Access
Ample Parking Loft
Answering Machine Microwave
Balcony/Lanai/Patio No Pets
Beachfront No Smoking
Blender Off Street Parking
Boat/Fishing On Street Parking
Cable/Satellite TV Outdoor Grill
Clock Radio Oven/Cooking Range
Coffee Maker Refrigerator
Cookware/Utensils Stereo System
Covered Parking Telephone
DVD Player Television
Dining Room VCR
Dish Washer Washer/Dryer
Freezer Wireless Internet
Onsite and Nearby Lodging Attractions:
Basketball Hiking/Biking Trails
Bike Trails Playground
Boat Ramps Restaurants
Boat Rentals/Charters Sailing
Canoeing Scuba Diving
Casino Sea Kayaking
Deep Sea Fishing Sightseeing
Game Room Swimming
Golf Tennis Courts
Also: Winery, Myrtle Beach, NC Aquarium, USS North Carolina
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Feb 2 2015 - May 22 2015
5 night minimum stay
Peak Summer Season 2015
May 23 2015 - Sep 5 2015
7 night minimum stay
Sep 6 2015 - Dec 31 2015
5 night minimum stay
My Standard Rate
5 night minimum stay
* Approximate monthly rate. Actual rate will depend on the days of the month you stay.
Payment is usually accepted in the quoted currency (USD) unless the currency and the amount is specifically agreed in advance with the owner / advertiser.
Additional information about rental rates
- End of Stay Cleaning $120 + Tax
- Tax Rate 12.75%
Peak Summer Rentals (June/July/Aug) are Saturday to Saturday ONLY
All other dates require a 5 night minimum stay (no change over day)
Add tax (12.75%) and cleaning end of stay cleaning ($120.00)
No smoking or pets 100% of the time (thanks for not asking)
Parents may not rent for unaccompanied minors under 18.
Payment Terms are available for the asking.
From the Owner
“Close by amenities like groceries, restaurants, shopping, entertainment and recreation. Far enough from the chaos to enjoy million dollar ocean, inlet and island views. The perfect location.”
- Away From It All
- Sports & Activities
- Tourist Attractions
- Air Conditioning ...
- Clothes Dryer ...
- Heating ...
- Internet ...
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided ...
- Living Room ...
- Parking ...
- Telephone ...
- Washing Machine ...
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils ...
- Dishwasher ...
- Kitchen ...
- Microwave ...
- Oven ...
- Pantry Items ...
- Refrigerator ...
- Stove ...
- Toaster ...
- Dining ...
- Dining Area
- DVD Player ...
- Games ...
- Satellite / Cable ...
- Television ...
- Toys ...
- Video Library ...
- Minimum Age Limit for Renters ...
- children welcome ...
- non smoking only ...
- pets not allowed ...
- Beach View
- Ocean View
- botanical garden
- coin laundry
- live theater
- rain forests
- recreation center
- theme parks
- water parks
- winery tours
- bird watching
- gambling casinos
- horseback riding
- outlet shopping
- paddle boating
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
- fitness center
- massage therapist
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- basketball court
- deepsea fishing
- equestrian events
- fly fishing
- freshwater fishing
- hunting small game
- jet skiing
- mountain biking
- pier fishing
- scuba diving or snorkeling
- sound/bay fishing
- surf fishing
- water skiing
- water tubing
- 2050 sq. ft.
- 2 Bathrooms
- Bathroom 1 - toilet, combination tub/shower, Master Bath (shared) clean and modern
- Bathroom 2 - toilet, shower, Common bath with linen closet. Modern and clean
- 2 Bathrooms Bathroom 1 - toilet , combination tub/shower , Shared Master Ground Floor Outdoor Shower - outdoor shower , Shower, Storage Room with fridge, beach toys and chairs +++ Bathroom 2 - toilet , shower , Shared Community The two full-bathrooms are modern, clean and up to date. Full Size Kenmore Washer and Dryer. Outdoor shower and spigots on the ground level, perfect for taking a layer of sand off before going into the house. Outdoor cloths line under the house for wet beach towels and swim suits.
- 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 10
- Bedroom 1 - 2 queen, Master bedroom has new queen mattress and flat screen TV
- Bedroom 2 - 2 queen, Shares modern bath with Master Bedroom. Queen mattress
- Bedroom 3 - 2 queen, Front bedroom with new queen mattress.
- Bedroom 4 - 2 twin/ single, Back bedroom with new twin mattresses.
- Bedroom 5 - 1 double, 1 twin/ single, Loft over kitchen. Twin daybed (new mattress) & sleeper sofa
- Bedroom 1 (master front bedroom) new queen mattress Bedroom 2 queen mattress (shared bath with master bedroom) Bedroom 3 new queen mattress Bedroom 4 (back bedroom) twin mattresses Sleeping loft: daybed (twin) and pull out sofa (full). Additional mats located under daybed for sleeping on floor in sleeping bags (kids love it!)
- Bicycles ...
- Deck / Patio ...
- Golf ...
- Lawn / Garden ...
- Outdoor Grill ...
- Tennis ...
- Water Sports Gear ...
- Guests provide their own meals
Learn more about this vacation rental at the owner's website
- About this Cottage: If you are looking for modern and/or the bustle of Myrtle Beach, this is not it. This cottage is the 5th house from the east end of the island on a dead-end street. Not much traffic. Great for walking, running, biking, fishing, sunning, relaxing and the like. Beach access is a very short walk out the back door, down 3 houses to the 4th Street crossing. We call this house 'Almost Oceanfront' because it has a street in front, then sandbags, then beach. Clear unobstructed views of the ocean are like being oceanfront, but we can't call it oceanfront. Occasional lunar high tides, high winds and noreasterners send ocean water into the street. Not harmful, just a spectacle. The Intra Coastal Waterway and new fishing pier is just a few blocks away. Great place to fish, launch a kyak, swim, crab, shell and watch boats and barges. A great new nature/walking trail with long wood bridges along the Intra Coastal Waterway has just been built. Our kids love it, yours will too! This 4 bedroom 2 full-bath cottage sleeps 8 adults comfortably. The loft is great for younger kids in sleeping bags or mats on the carpet. Kid tested, mother approved. Great for kid-less and older couples, too. The two full-bathrooms are modern, clean and up to date. The ground level storage room is great for heavy/sandy items, bikes, boards, chairs and has a spare (beer) fridge. Abandon your car for the week, kick off your shoes and relax. Now with free Wi-Fi, beach chairs, umbrella, gas grill, gas steam pot. More About the Cottage: BR 1 Queen BR 2 Queen (new mattress and boxspring) BR 3 Queen (new mattress and boxspring) BR 4 Twins (new mattresses) Loft Queen Sleeper and Twin Day Bed (new mattress) Sleeps 8 adults comfortably. Max Occupancy 10 (8 adults and two children under 12). No house parties/pets/smoking. You must be at least 18 years old and have a credit card to rent our house. Parents may not rent for unaccompanied minors under 18.