House, 1 Bedrooms, 1 Baths, 6 Sleeps
Rustic cabin built in the 60s in quaint Mayfield Village. Mayfield Village is about 15 minutes east of I-5 on Highway 12 (Exit 68) in Lewis County, Washington--90 minutes from either Portland or Seattle, 2 hours from Yakima. The village has a marina and resort on Mayfield Lake, which is a 13-mile-long lake with excellent fishing and water sports as well as beautiful wooded shores and shallow areas that can only be reached by boat for wading and sunbathing. Our efficient cabin has a full kitchen, 1 bedroom, 1 bath; central room divides into 2 separate sleeping areas with futons, so can accommodate 6. Large covered deck off back of cabin, small private deck off bedroom. Minutes' walk to marina. Use of our membership to marina included in rental. Bring your boat and use the slip, play at the beach, attend the Saturday Night Dance (during the summer). Fishing, waterskiing, kayaking are popular on this large lake. Marina has canoes and kayaks, a pontoon boat for rent, as well as a store and restaurant with wine and beer.
Above the friendly little village are miles of trails in state forest for hiking and ATVs.
For year-round recreation, Mt. Ranier, Gifford Pinchot National Forest and Mt. St. Helens are within 1 hour's drive for beautiful hiking, camping, cross-country skiing and exploring.
White Pass ski resort (pictured below) is a 90-minute easy drive for family-friendly skiing during a winter vacation.
Our cabin is not fancy, does not have a lake view, but it is very functional and full of great family memories. We hope you can make some of your own here.
Great Memories and stay!
About the Owner
Guestbook comments from the owner
Our trip at your place was really fun. The cabin was really enjoyable and we felt at home immediately. We went canoeing both days and caught some trout. I even managed to tip the canoe over out in the middle of the lake...what a fridgid experience that was! Anyways...we barbequed and relaxed and had fun and did see the waterfall.
Thank You for the experience and we will recommed that other people choose your cabin and friendliness when they heading that direction.
5 based on 5 traveler reviews
Great Memories and stay!
Great vacation cabin
Wonderful vacation property - Exceeded expectations!
Activity and Interests
Any time of the year, Lewis County has beautiful mountains and rivers to explore. Mt. Ranier National Forest, Mt. St Helens and Gifford Pinchot National Forests all have miles and miles of trails with alpine lakes and breathtaking scenery. Because Mayfield Lake is so close to both Portland and Seattle, it is easy to really get "away" from the city quickly--an hour-and-a-half drive
Summer: Boating, fishing, swimming, waterskiing, hiking, ATV trails, birdwatching (including eagles and osprey at the lake)
The lake is a 5-minute easy walk from cabin with swimming, nice protected boat docks, restaurant, store, and the family-friendly Saturday Night Dance in the summers
Winter: Downhill and cross-country skiing--White Pass (pictured below) is an easy 90-minute drive away, Mt. Ranier, Giffford Pinchot National Forest and Mt. St. Helens within 1 hour's drive
Centralia is about 1/2 hour away with antique and outlet stores, McMenamin's Pub with movies and burgers, Amtrak station
Casinos are also within driving distance
- Nightly Rate: $125 - $150
Weekly Rate: $650 - $750
Monthly Rate: $1500 - $1750
* $125/night, $150/night for peak summer holiday weekends (Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day), 2 night minimum for all stays
* $650/week, $750/week for peak summer holidays (Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day)
* Rates include all state and local taxes and fees, additional cleaning fee of $50
Monthly rental available--ideal for families from Portland, Seattle, nearby cities--come and go as you wish, take turns...(cabin sleeps 4 adults and 2-3 kids easily)
* Refundable Security Deposit $150 for all rentals
- Sports & Activities
- pets not allowed
- Beach View
- 1 Bathroom
- Bathroom 1
- 1 Bedroom, Sleeps 6
- Bedroom 1
- Fully equipped kitchen; bathroom with shower 1 queen-size bed; 1 bunkbed with queen below, twin above; 1 full-size futon, all linens and towels TV with VCR and DVD player (no regular TV), wide selection of movies (movie rentals also available at the marina store) ipod dock/HD radio, fans, baseboard heat, ceiling heaters in bedroom and bathroom Board games and cards Large covered deck off back of cabin for sunny AND rainy afternoons, propane BBQ with tools In August, AMAZING blueberry bush! Huge maple tree in front yard for nice shade on summer afternoons Check in time 4 pm, check out time 11 am