Blue House and Blue House Cottage occupy the far southeastern edge of the North American Continent on the Southern Shore of the Avalon Peninsula of Newfoundland. This beautiful two and a half acre seaside property is located in Bauline East perched on the edge of the Atlantic Ocean overlooking the Witless Bay Ecological Reserve. Blue House Cottage, serene with its soaring cathedral ceiling is equipped with a full bath, double bed, sitting area and a cedar deck with ocean view. The adjacent 1800 square foot main house is a 2-bedroom, 2-bathroom home, gently updated to keep true to its original saltbox structure. The lovely main floor great-room is the focal point of the home’s design with exposed pine beams, a wood-burning stove, and the original wooden staircase leading to the second floor. The master bedroom is equipped with a 4-piece bath, majestic cathedral ceilings, pine clad walls, and a spacious cedar deck overlooking the garden, gazebo, greenhouse and sea. A new 2000 sq.ft. Library which includes office internet, media centre and large comfy furniture was added in 2009.The home possesses a typical two-storey, centre hall-plan with an ideal view of the garden and shoreline sitting on original wooden foundation posts that pre-date the great tidal wave of 1929.
* whale watching from all decks
* Hiking on nearby East Coast Trail
* Sea-kayaking excursion
* Visit Cape Spear (45 minutes by car) and historic old Petit Harbour
* Take a day-trip by car to Cape St. Mary’s to experience the majestic beauty of the gannets
* Visit an archeological dig at Ferryland (45 minutes away) and while there, book the Lighthouse Picnic...
* Visit nearby St. John's, Canada's oldest city and the capital of Newfoundland
* Book a boat excursion to see the whales and puffins and icebergs with Gerry or Keith Colbert at Bauline Wharf
* Walk 5 minutes down the road from Blue House for a swim in the freshwater lake (called a pond by locals).
* participate in live dinner theatre in several nearby communiyties
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event|
My Standard Rate
3 night minimum stay
Payment is usually accepted in the quoted currency (CAD) unless the currency and the amount is specifically agreed in advance with the owner / advertiser.
Rates and Reservation Information-- Both Blue House and Blue House Cottage include garden and direct access to deck and beach
Time Period - May through October
Bluehouse- $285/day (3 days minimum)
Bluehouse Cottage- $139/day (2 days minimum)
Bluehouse - Sleeping accommodations 1 kingbed + 2 twins + 1 double sleep sofa (single cot available for library)