Beautifully Restored Victorian Home 5 Bedrooms 3 Baths finished loft Sleeps 23
Beautifully restored Queen Ann Victorian era home. Casual and relaxing. Hardwood floors throughout the home, tin ceilings in kitchen and dinning/parlor room, lots of character. Unique home for an extraordinary vacation. Located on a corner lot on a quiet street. This vacation home is within walking distance to downtown or to South beach. It features a large wrap around porch with plenty of outdoor seating. Relaxing patio with tables and chairs. Lots of parking room. The second floor hosts three large bedrooms with double beds, closets and towel bars with a full bathroom with tub and shower. The second floor Master suite features a king bed and private bath with large walk in closet. The first floor has one bedroom with a full double bed and single loft bunk bed, one full large bath with shower and tub with coin operated laundry room, large kitchen welcoming stainless steel appliances, ice-maker, dishwasher with large dining/parlor room, and living room. The living room hosts 'flip flop' coaches providing addition sleeping options. The third floor level is unique with its Cupola and the entire loft sleeps eight on beds. This Sunset Victorian Loft features white wash tongue and grove wood, finished wood floors, new electrical, new windows, new heat and air conditioners and resotred in 2013! The Sunset Lighthouse loft features four (4) stacking single beds for sleeping. A futon sofa that convers to a full size bed sleeps (2) reflects a sailers delight reflecting a fow of a boat. A darling lighthouse room with a daybed hosts two single beds that convert into a king, sleeps (2) You can go to Facebook and like us for updated photos at Sunset Victorian Retreat and we also have a web site SunsetVictorianRental in South Haven. The 3rd level lighhouse loft also features a fabeouls gameroom with each room refelcting mirrors of South Haven Sunsets. The Sunset Lighthouse Turritt. This home is truely unique in space and accomodation and a fun memorable time to be had by all!
About the Owner
5 based on 11 traveler reviews
"Best of the Best""Best of the Best"
went bike riding, had fun on scooters, and looked forward to our nightly fires in the fire pit. The wrap-a-round front porch was a great place to just sit and relax or read a good book. We are already looking forward to returning to
Sunset Victorian Resort next year. Thanks, Sue, for attending to our needs and for checking on us the morning after the bad storm which included the power outage. It was great having a gas stove that morning!
The owner made sure we had everything we needed and was so welcoming yet never intrusive. We want to bring our extended family back for a long weekend soon. If you enjoy historic homes with all the contemporary amenities, this is the
one for you!! It will definitely not disappoint.
Thanks again for your visit and for sharing a kind review. We look forward to your return and remind us you are "return guests" that like to share our treasure just a little south of heaven!
Wonderful Place to Visit
The place felt open to our needs as a family and we were able to enjoy time together. Everything went smoothly for my family and I on our visit. The only improvement that I may suggest was there was not much lounge area actually inside the house. The bedrooms are private and well kept so that guests can sleep and rest well. However, when we wanted to all sit around together there wasn't enough seating for us to do so. I imagine in the summertime this is no problem because most of the time is spent outside or at the beach. However, our stay during the winter was just as nice as it could be. I would love to stay again summer or winter! This is a pleasant house and I enjoyed my stay to commemorate my accomplishment as a college graduate!!
The crown jewel of an amazing parents' weekendThe crown jewel of an amazing parents' weekend
Activity and Interests
Nearby activities include wonderful unique shops and resturants, several golf courses (Hawkshead-top 25 rated with Golf Digest 4.5 star rating), two spectacular sandy beaches, fishing along the piers and river channel, antique stores (nationally known -Sunset Junque), several wineries, Brew Pub, Gingerman Motor raceway, Maritime museum, boat, bike, kayak and jet ski rental, 35 mile Kal-Haven bike trail, charter boats, bait shops, art galleries (Shared Arts Gallery), several art & craft fairs, Wednesday & Saturday farmer's market, blueberry picking and much more in the wonderful communities of South Haven and Saugatuck/Douglas. South Haven has spectacular fireworks scheduled for the 4th of July week.
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event|
Off Season Rate Excapes
Sep 14 2014 - May 31 2015
2 night minimum stay
Jun 1 2015 - Aug 31 2015
7 night minimum stay
Payment is usually accepted in the quoted currency (USD) unless the currency and the amount is specifically agreed in advance with the owner / advertiser.
Additional information about rental rates
- Cleaning $175
- Pet Fee $150
- Refundable damage deposit $300
- Tax Rate 6.0%
Nightly Rate: $600 - $600
Weekly Rate: $100 - $3000
Monthly Rate: $1600 - $3000
Summer rate is $3000.00 per week for up to 23 people from Memorial Day to Labor Day and includes upper 3rd level Lighthouse loft offed with sleeping up to 23 on beds with heat and air conditioning.
Discounted weekly rates from Labor Day through Memorial Day, excluding holidays and special events. Off season rates
- Air Conditioning
- Clothes Dryer ...
- Hair Dryer
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Washing Machine ...
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils
- Kitchen ...
- Pantry Items
- Refrigerator ...
- Stove ...
- Dining ...
- Dining Area
- Events Allowed
- Minimum Age Limit for Renters ...
- children welcome ...
- non smoking only
- pets considered ...
- wheelchair inaccessible
- Beach View
Sports & Adventure Activities
- 3 Bathrooms
- Bathroom 1 - toilet, combination tub/shower, on site laudney is coin operated with #1.25 per load
- Bathroom 2 - toilet, shower, attached to the master suite on the 2nd level
- Bathroom 3 - toilet, combination tub/shower, large and spacious
- 6 Bedrooms, Sleeps 20
- Bedroom 2 - 1 king, 1 baby crib, 2nd level master suite with attached bathroom
- Bedroom 1 - 1 double, 1 twin/ single, 1 baby crib, Main level bedroom with bathroom near
- Bedroom 3 - 2 double, large and spaious
- Bedroom 4 - 1 double, large and spacious
- Bedroom 5 - 1 double, large and spacious
- Bedroom 6 - 6 twin/ single, 1 sleep sofa /futon, loft sleeps eight people on single beds and sofa/futon
- Guests provide their own meals
- Home includes everything you would expect for a wonderful vacation. Lots of seating around the kitchen bar counter for family gathering time. Enjoy cookouts with either the gas or charcoal grill. We also have a portable grill to take to the beach or park. We have a large yard with a swing set for the kids. We also have a fire pit, and a basketball hoop, along with bocce ball and bean bag toss yard games. There are even a few bikes on site you can use! Bring your helment for fun and safety. The house comes with Wireless Internet access, land line phone for local and free long distance calling, central air conditioning, a fireplace, flat screen cable TV (and TV in each bedroom), piano, and more. The large garage has a ping pong table and plenty of room for other indoor games. We supply sheets, blankets, pillows,and of course all the cooking utensils and dinnerware. Come and enjoy just pack your personal toletries, TP and paper towels, and don't forget your beach and bath towels!