Tucked away in the Clear Creek Valley not far from the Blue Ridge Parkway, this hide-away is freshly remodeled, with very pleasant views looking toward Mt Mitchell. Forest Service property surrounds the valley, and this is adjacent the Clear Creek Guest Ranch. Within a couple miles you can fish in the South Toe River, golf at Mt Mitchell Golf Course, or hike to Mt Mitchell, highest peak in the eastern US.
Features brand new appliances and fixtures, granite counters, and hardwood floors.
Sit before the wood-burning fireplace and watch the sun go down over the Black Mountain Range. Or sit out in the yard at the picnic table and enjoy the cool breezes that move up and down the valley as it shifts from night to day, and day to night.
Take a walk down the lane in the evening and meet the outgoing locals as they tend their livestock and fields. Dip your feet into Clear Creek about half mile away. Or a short drive of about 3 miles takes you to the trail head to Roaring Fork Waterfall, or just a half mile drive and you're at Carolina Hemlocks Recreation area with its wonderful summertime swimming hole, or terrific fly-fishing for rainbow trout.
The cabin comes entirely furnished, all you need to do is bring food and drink, maybe your personal bar of soap or your favorite pillow to really make it feel like you've come home -- home to the mountains.
This is truly where "springtime spends the summer".
****Don't let someone else get your reservation while you're waiting for us to respond to your email. We have 24/7 secure reservation system with more photos, details, and we take all major credit cards. Make your reservation now, don't be left looking for second best. Go to the website listed above, and we'll "git'er done" ****
Things to Do Nearby
Within 5-10 miles
* Carolina Hemlocks Recreation Park - Operated by Pisgah National Forest, Hiking trails, terrific swimming hole in summer, RV and tent camping, tubing in the river, great trout fishing in the South Toe River.
* Mount Mitchell Golf Course - Rated 4 1/2 stars by Golf Digest one of the best public courses in the mountains, centered on the South Toe River which comes into play on almost every fairway on the back nine.
* Black Mountain Campground - Within the Pisgah National Forest and along the South Toe River watershed on Mount Mitchell's eastern slope. Hunting, Fishing, waterfalls, hiking trails, RV dump station, RV and tent camping.
* Setrock Waterfalls - located at Black Mountain Campground, about 1/2 mile hike, cascading waterfall of over one hundred feet.
* Little Switzerland -- quaint shops, great restuarants
* Roaring Fork Waterfall - only 1/2 mile from Mount Mitchell Golf Course, one of the most spectacular falls in the area, and a real hidden gem. Its 1/2 mile hike up a forest road, nearly level hike.
Within 10-20 miles
* Burnsville and its quaint old town square.
* Penland School of Crafts - I like to call it the "Juliard" of craft arts. Its located between Burnsville and Spruce Pine, and has drawn many artists to the area. We may have the largest concentration of craft artists in the Eastern US.
* Numerous Craft Studios scattered throughout the area
* Mount Mitchell State Park - and home of four of the top ten mountain peaks in the US, including Mount Mitchell which is the highest peak East of the Rockies.
* Lynnville Falls - a popular tourist destination
* Mast General Store
* Roan Mountain State Park - popular for its hundreds of acres of bald mountain covered in pink flowering native Rhododendrons. The Rhododendron festival is generally in late June at the town of Bakersville.
* Lake Lure near Black Mountain, wonderful mountain lake with high-end mountain homes and estates
* Lake James near Marion, boating and fishing, public access
* Chimney Rock, now publicly owned, a natural wonder and great hiking spot.
* Black Mountain, a town renowned for its small shops and restuarants, great place to spend an afternoon.
Within 45-60 miles
* Asheville - One of the "happiest" towns in America, a true mountain town with a lively art culture.
* Biltmore Estate - The largest private residence in America built by George Vanderbuilt, and now open for tours, one of the premier tourist destinations in the East.
* Blowing Rock, a wonderful mountain retreat with great shopping.
* Wolf Laurel Ski Resort
* Grandfather Mountain - biosphere and privately owned park (open to public). Excellent hiking, wildlife park, etc.
* Beech Mountain Ski Resort
* Sugar Mountain Ski Resort
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event|
My Standard Rate
Feb 1 2014 - Feb 1 2015
1 night minimum stay
Payment is usually accepted in the quoted currency (US Dollar) unless the currency and the amount is specifically agreed in advance with the owner / advertiser.