House, 3 Bedrooms, 2 Baths, 6 Sleeps
Spacious cottage on nice wooded lot with river frontage. Great Trout Fishing, just out the back door. Great privacy, room to sretch out, let kids romp in woods and river. Bring your fly rod and hiking shoes.
Only 2 miles from the Blue Ridge Parkway at milepost 344, and half way between the towns of Marion on I40, and the mountain town of Burnsville. Modern appliances, wood-burning fireplace, outdoor fireplace, bbq, just steps to golf course and fine dining and lounge.
Mount Mitchell State Park about 4 miles as crow fies. Only a quarter mile to 35,000 acres of hiking trails in the Pisgah National Forest. A mile hike to one of the most dramatic waterfalls in the Blue Ridge -- Roaring Fork.
Note -- there are 3 bedrooms, one with a Queen (lower level) and each of the upstairs bedrooms have two twin beds.
Don't let someone else get your reservation while you're waiting for us to respond to your email. We have 24/7 secure reservation system with more photos, details, and we take all major credit cards. Make your reservation now, don't be left looking for second best. Give me a call and I'll tell you where to make your reservation and we'll "git'er done"
About the Owner
1 traveler review
Activity and Interests
Things to Do Nearby
On Site -- fly fishing, golf, hiking
Within 5-10 miles
* Carolina Hemlocks Recreation Park - Operated by Pisgah National Forest, Hiking trails, terrific swimming hole in summer, RV and tent camping, tubing in the river, great trout fishing in the South Toe River.
* Mount Mitchell Golf Course - Rated 4 1/2 stars by Golf Digest one of the best public courses in the mountains, centered on the South Toe River which comes into play on almost every fairway on the back nine.
* Black Mountain Campground - Within the Pisgah National Forest and along the South Toe River watershed on Mount Mitchell's eastern slope. Hunting, Fishing, waterfalls, hiking trails, RV dump station, RV and tent camping.
* Setrock Waterfalls - located at Black Mountain Campground, about 1/2 mile hike, cascading waterfall of over one hundred feet.
* Little Switzerland -- quaint shops, great restuarants
* Roaring Fork Waterfall - only 1/2 mile from Mount Mitchell Golf Course, one of the most spectacular falls in the area, and a real hidden gem. Its 1/2 mile hike up a forest road, nearly level hike.
Within 10-20 miles
* Burnsville and its quaint old town square.
* Penland School of Crafts - I like to call it the "Juliard" of craft arts. Its located between Burnsville and Spruce Pine, and has drawn many artists to the area. We may have the largest concentration of craft artists in the Eastern US.
* Numerous Craft Studios scattered throughout the area
* Mount Mitchell State Park - and home of four of the top ten mountain peaks in the US, including Mount Mitchell which is the highest peak East of the Rockies.
* Lynnville Falls - a popular tourist destination
* Mast General Store
* Roan Mountain State Park - popular for its hundreds of acres of bald mountain covered in pink flowering native Rhododendrons. The Rhododendron festival is generally in late June at the town of Bakersville.
* Lake Lure near Black Mountain, wonderful mountain lake with high-end mountain homes and estates
* Lake James near Marion, boating and fishing, public access
* Chimney Rock, now publicly owned, a natural wonder and great hiking spot.
* Black Mountain, a town renowned for its small shops and restuarants, great place to spend an afternoon.
Within 45-60 miles
* Asheville - One of the "happiest" towns in America, a true mountain town with a lively art culture.
* Biltmore Estate - The largest private residence in America built by George Vanderbuilt, and now open for tours, one of the premier tourist destinations in the East.
* Blowing Rock, a wonderful mountain retreat with great shopping.
* Wolf Laurel Ski Resort
* Grandfather Mountain - biosphere and privately owned park (open to public). Excellent hiking, wildlife park, etc.
* Beech Mountain Ski Resort
* Sugar Mountain Ski Resort
- Nightly Rate: $125 - $135
Weekly Rate: $595 - $650
Monthly Rate: $1800 - $2100
In season (higher rate) applies to Memorial day weekend through October, Christmas and Thanksgiving weeks.
Cleaning Fee is $65
3 night minimum
Pets are $50 non-refundable
- pets considered
Sports & Adventure Activities
- 2 Bathrooms
- Bathroom 1
- Bathroom 2
- 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- River frontage Outdoor Fireplace/bonfire area High speed internet and wireless router Big yard for kids BBQ - charcoal Washer/Dryer Dishwasher Central air and heat cable TV and unlimited telephone