Comfy cottage with great frontage on small mountain lake in the Blue Ridge Mountains. Walk to South Toe River for great trout fishing. Also walk to golf course and restaurants, waterfalls, and Pisgah National Forest for great hiking opportunities.
Cool summer elevation at 3000' and only 2 miles off the Blue Ridge Parkway.
Less than an hours drive from Asheville, and 2 1/2 hours out of Charlotte.
3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, gas-log fireplace.
Short walk to hiking trails that lead to nearby Black Mountain Campground and Setrock Waterfalls. Or continue all the way to Mount Mitchell on the "Mountain to the Sea" trail, highest peak in the Eastern US.
Pristine waters of the South Toe River, cold and clear, just short walk away.
On-site pond (not for swimming or fishing, just pretty setting) and creek forms one border of property, and several acres of woods adjacent for kids to play.
Don't let someone else get your reservation while you're waiting for us to respond to your email. We have 24/7 secure reservation system with more photos, details, and we take all major credit cards. Make your reservation now, don't be left looking for second best. Call us for that link and we'll "git'er done"
Within walking distance
Fishing in South Toe River
Golf Course pro shop
Setrock and Roaring Fork waterfalls
Pisgah National Forest
Things to Do Nearby
Within 5-10 miles
* Carolina Hemlocks Recreation Park - Operated by Pisgah National Forest, Hiking trails, terrific swimming hole in summer, RV and tent camping, tubing in the river, great trout fishing in the South Toe River.
* Mount Mitchell Golf Course - Rated 4 1/2 stars by Golf Digest one of the best public courses in the mountains, centered on the South Toe River which comes into play on almost every fairway on the back nine.
* Black Mountain Campground - Within the Pisgah National Forest and along the South Toe River watershed on Mount Mitchell's eastern slope. Hunting, Fishing, waterfalls, hiking trails, RV dump station, RV and tent camping.
* Setrock Waterfalls - located at Black Mountain Campground, about 1/2 mile hike, cascading waterfall of over one hundred feet.
* Little Switzerland -- quaint shops, great restuarants
* Roaring Fork Waterfall - only 1/2 mile from Mount Mitchell Golf Course, one of the most spectacular falls in the area, and a real hidden gem. Its 1/2 mile hike up a forest road, nearly level hike.
Within 10-20 miles
* Burnsville and its quaint old town square.
* Penland School of Crafts - I like to call it the "Juliard" of craft arts. Its located between Burnsville and Spruce Pine, and has drawn many artists to the area. We may have the largest concentration of craft artists in the Eastern US.
* Numerous Craft Studios scattered throughout the area
* Mount Mitchell State Park - and home of four of the top ten mountain peaks in the US, including Mount Mitchell which is the highest peak East of the Rockies.
* Lynnville Falls - a popular tourist destination
* Mast General Store
* Roan Mountain State Park - popular for its hundreds of acres of bald mountain covered in pink flowering native Rhododendrons. The Rhododendron festival is generally in late June at the town of Bakersville.
* Lake Lure near Black Mountain, wonderful mountain lake with high-end mountain homes and estates
* Lake James near Marion, boating and fishing, public access
* Chimney Rock, now publicly owned, a natural wonder and great hiking spot.
* Black Mountain, a town renowned for its small shops and restuarants, great place to spend an afternoon.
Within 45-60 miles
* Asheville - One of the "happiest" towns in America, a true mountain town with a lively art culture.
* Biltmore Estate - The largest private residence in America built by George Vanderbuilt, and now open for tours, one of the premier tourist destinations in the East.
* Blowing Rock, a wonderful mountain retreat with great shopping.
* Wolf Laurel Ski Resort
* Grandfather Mountain - biosphere and privately owned park (open to public). Excellent hiking, wildlife park, etc.
* Beech Mountain Ski Resort
* Sugar Mountain Ski Resort