Listen to the creek rushing past the back porch! Within walking distance of the South Toe River with excellent fly fishing! Our cabin is an almost new 2 bedroom 1 bath log cabin with a wood burning fireplace. Located in the shadows of Mt Mitchell, highest peak in the eastern US, and just 3 miles off the Blue Ridge Parkway at milepost 344 and less than an hour to Asheville, about 2 hours to Charlotte. We are located less than 2 miles to Setrock Falls, Roaring Fork Falls, Black Mountain Campground, Mt Mitchell Golf Course. The South Toe River valley is an outstanding trout fishing area with numerous hiking trails and the national forest is across the street. Our cabin is about an hour's drive from Asheville between Marion, Lake Tahoma and Burnsville. Short drive to Mount Mitchell State Park, Lynville Falls, Grandfather Mountain, Chimney Rock, Biltmore Estate, The Penland Crafts/Art Center, Little Switzerland, and Spruce Pine.
Don't let someone else get your reservation while you're waiting for us to respond to your email. We have 24/7 secure reservation system with more photos, details, and we take all major credit cards. Make your reservation now, don't be left looking for second best. Give us a call for that link and we'll "git'er done"
The weekend couldn't have been more perfect! This was the 10th year that my sister and I have gone away on a special weekend in the mountains together, and we agreed that Tsunaga cabin is where we want to continue going. Actually, this is the gift we give to each other for Christmas and birthday gifts. With both of us being breast cancer survivors, being together in a special, relaxing place is far more important than things. Please let the owners know how much we enjoyed their wonderful cabin and that we WILL be back!!
Thank YOU for helping us when we had to postpone the weekend twice due to snow. The weather was terrific this time. Enjoy your summer. Neel
National Forest across street
Half mile to Black Mountain Recreation Area and Setrock Falls
1 mile from Golf Course
Things to Do Nearby
Within 5-10 miles
* Carolina Hemlocks Recreation Park - Operated by Pisgah National Forest, Hiking trails, terrific swimming hole in summer, RV and tent camping, tubing in the river, great trout fishing in the South Toe River.
* Mount Mitchell Golf Course - Rated 4 1/2 stars by Golf Digest one of the best public courses in the mountains, centered on the South Toe River which comes into play on almost every fairway on the back nine.
* Black Mountain Campground - Within the Pisgah National Forest and along the South Toe River watershed on Mount Mitchell's eastern slope. Hunting, Fishing, waterfalls, hiking trails, RV dump station, RV and tent camping.
* Setrock Waterfalls - located at Black Mountain Campground, about 1/2 mile hike, cascading waterfall of over one hundred feet.
* Little Switzerland -- quaint shops, great restuarants
* Roaring Fork Waterfall - only 1/2 mile from Mount Mitchell Golf Course, one of the most spectacular falls in the area, and a real hidden gem. Its 1/2 mile hike up a forest road, nearly level hike.
Within 10-20 miles
* Burnsville and its quaint old town square.
* Penland School of Crafts - I like to call it the "Juliard" of craft arts. Its located between Burnsville and Spruce Pine, and has drawn many artists to the area. We may have the largest concentration of craft artists in the Eastern US.
* Numerous Craft Studios scattered throughout the area
* Mount Mitchell State Park - and home of four of the top ten mountain peaks in the US, including Mount Mitchell which is the highest peak East of the Rockies.
* Lynnville Falls - a popular tourist destination
* Mast General Store
* Roan Mountain State Park - popular for its hundreds of acres of bald mountain covered in pink flowering native Rhododendrons. The Rhododendron festival is generally in late June at the town of Bakersville.
* Lake Lure near Black Mountain, wonderful mountain lake with high-end mountain homes and estates
* Lake James near Marion, boating and fishing, public access
* Chimney Rock, now publicly owned, a natural wonder and great hiking spot.
* Black Mountain, a town renowned for its small shops and restuarants, great place to spend an afternoon.
Within 45-60 miles
* Asheville - One of the "happiest" towns in America, a true mountain town with a lively art culture.
* Biltmore Estate - The largest private residence in America built by George Vanderbuilt, and now open for tours, one of the premier tourist destinations in the East.
* Blowing Rock, a wonderful mountain retreat with great shopping.
* Wolf Laurel Ski Resort
* Grandfather Mountain - biosphere and privately owned park (open to public). Excellent hiking, wildlife park, etc.
* Beech Mountain Ski Resort
* Sugar Mountain Ski Resort
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event|
My Standard Rate
Feb 1 2014 - Feb 1 2015
1 night minimum stay
Payment is usually accepted in the quoted currency (US Dollar) unless the currency and the amount is specifically agreed in advance with the owner / advertiser.