House, 3 Bedrooms, 1 Baths, 8 Sleeps
* Very family friendly, clean and comfortable cottage located on Upper Upper Silver Lake which is a 5 acre non-motorized lake.
* Easy access (less than 200 paces) and fully-motorized privileges to Upper Silver Lake.
* 3 bedrooms, 1 bathroom with shower.
* Sleeps 8 people plus a baby crib & pack ‘n play.
* Large fully equipped kitchen.
* Located 2 miles from Dune Entrance and 1/2 mile from Golf Course.
* Great beach area with paddle boat, row boat, beach toys & chairs and fire pit.
* Large deck with patio set and large picnic table with deck umbrellas.
* (formerly called Lighthouse Landing).
About the Owner
4.9 based on 9 traveler reviews
Wonderful spot for a vacation
Peaceful Summer Haven
The "cloudy water" issue is due to the new iron filter installed at the cottage in 2012 due to the high iron content in the water. The water is totally safe for drinking but guests are informed they may choose to bring bottled water if they wish.
In August of 2012, we were informed by guests that the washer was not working properly-the iron had taken a toll. The following day- a brand new washing machine was installed in the cottage which has greatly improved the laundry situation. We strive to be promptly responsive to issues that arise while guests are staying at the cottage.
We are intentional about making improvements to the cottage every year. Several improvements are in the works for the 2013 season. We are pleased five guest families have already booked a week at "Lighthouse Landing" for 2013. Two of those are are returning for their THIRD summer to enjoy the cottage.
Excellent Family Vacation
Fantastic Week At Lighthouse Landing
The beach was great. Nice and sandy and perfect for our two year old to hang out, build sand castles, and get wet in the warm weather.
Want to get out for a bit? Grab the paddleboat and take a little ride.
Want to fish? Grab a pole from the closet and see what you can catch.
Want to grill? Charcoal or propane is there for your use.
Ready for that tasty S'more? Go into town, grab a bundle of wood and some fixings, and you're ready to go.
Heading off to the dunes? No problem. They're close as is Silver Lake and Lake Michigan, as well as Pentwater and other little towns where you can grab a bite to eat or do some shopping.
The owners were great. They answered every question we had via e-mail promptly and in full detail. They know the things that guests might need and have made every effort to provide those things. The place was very well stocked, very clean, and decorated cheerfully.
Great family getaway
Activity and Interests
Activities on site or nearby:
* Silver Lake Sand Dunes.
* Swimming (including several Lake Michigan beaches within 10 minutes).
* Horse-back riding.
* Dune rides.
* ATV dunes access.
* Jet ski and pontoon rentals.
* Go-kart track and theme park.
* Close to: Little Sable Light House, Lake Michigan beaches, Pentwater, Hart, Silver Lake State Park, Stony Lake, Ludington, Michigan's Adventure (Theme & Waterpark), Lewis Farm Market and Petting Farm, Country Dairy Tours and Moo-School.
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event|
My Standard Rate
2 night minimum stay
Payment is usually accepted in the quoted currency (USD) unless the currency and the amount is specifically agreed in advance with the owner / advertiser.
Additional information about rental rates
Nightly Rate: $200 - $200
Weekly Rate: $1200 - $1200
Monthly Rate: $1200 - $1200
Weekly (Saturday -Saturday) $1200.
2 night minimum; $200 per night.
Cleaning and utlilities included.
*****Only send payments via paypal or to owners home address. Do not send payments via wire transfer to avoid scams. Thanks.*****
- Sports & Activities
- Tourist Attractions
- Clothes Dryer
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Washing Machine
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils
- Pantry Items
- Child's Highchair
- Dining Area
- DVD Player
- Satellite / Cable
- Video Library
- children welcome
- non smoking only
- pets not allowed
- Beach View
- horseback riding
- paddle boating
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
- fitness center
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- 1250 sq. ft.
- 1 Bathroom
- Bathroom 1 - toilet, shower
- 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8
- Bedroom 1 - 1 queen
- Bedroom 2 - 1 queen
- Bedroom 3 - 2 twin/ single, 1 baby crib, Pack n play available as well
- Living Room option - 1 sleep sofa /futon, Queen sleeper sofa in living room
- Deck / Patio
- Outdoor Grill
- Guests provide their own meals
- * 102' Private Beach (not public access) great for swimming with nice beach area. * Large Deck with plenty of seating for entertaining. * All sheets, blankets & pillows included. Please bring bath and beach towels. * Dock for fishing (Northerns, bass, pan-fish). * Fire pit with chairs (bring your own firewood…plenty nearby). * Paddleboat and rowboat. * Access to Upper Silver Lake (private motorized lake). * Gas and Charcoal Grills. * Washer & dryer. * VHS/DVD player * Cable TV * Wi-FI * Video library and books. * Toys for children both inside and outside. * Booster seat and clip on chair for young children. * 3 Bedrooms - 2 with queen beds, 1 w/bunks & crib, sleeper sofa in living room. * All kitchen appliances and utensils. * Maid service between rentals. * Refundable $300 security deposit and signed contract required to reserve. * Full rental due 30 days prior to rental.