150' of Private River Frontage. Romantic get-away or rustic hide-away. This is REALLY a special get-away cabin.
This quaint old cabin is located on 8 acres, and was built in the 1930s. Recently restored, it features wood-burning fireplace, outdoor tub/shower hidden in the rhododendrons, wood-fired cedar hot tub with terrific mountain views. Extremely private and rustic, filled with nostalgic period furniture pieces and appliances -- even the old Kelvinator.
NO TV, NO PHONE, CELL PHONES DON'T WORK -- This is a real get-away, tell'em you're on vacation and you simply can't be reached!! That'll be the truth. Bring the scrabble game, and a deck of cards -- get to know each other all over again.
Walking distance from the Arthur Morgan School, only 6 or 7 miles off the Blue Ridge Parkway, and situated on the South Toe River. Celo is a well-known Quaker community, and this property shares a border with the quaker community's common area. Lots of woods and creeks to explore. About 10 miles into Burnsville.
The river is deep enough here for canoeing, kayaking, trout fishing, or swimming.
Unlimited hot water -- there's a claw-foot tub out amongst the rhododendron with a shower head -- only the squirrels will know you're there.
If you need McDonalds nearby, and cable TV -- this is NOT the place for you.
Don't let someone else get your reservation while you're waiting for us to respond to your email. We have 24/7 secure reservation system with more photos, details, and we take all major credit cards. Make your reservation now, don't be left looking for second best. Call me for that link and we'll "git'er done"
Tubing/Kayaking/swimming in the South Toe River
Hiking in the woods.
Things to Do Nearby
Within 5-10 miles
* Carolina Hemlocks Recreation Park - Operated by Pisgah National Forest, Hiking trails, terrific swimming hole in summer, RV and tent camping, tubing in the river, great trout fishing in the South Toe River.
* Mount Mitchell Golf Course - Rated 4 1/2 stars by Golf Digest one of the best public courses in the mountains, centered on the South Toe River which comes into play on almost every fairway on the back nine.
* Black Mountain Campground - Within the Pisgah National Forest and along the South Toe River watershed on Mount Mitchell's eastern slope. Hunting, Fishing, waterfalls, hiking trails, RV dump station, RV and tent camping.
* Setrock Waterfalls - located at Black Mountain Campground, about 1/2 mile hike, cascading waterfall of over one hundred feet.
* Little Switzerland -- quaint shops, great restuarants
* Roaring Fork Waterfall - only 1/2 mile from Mount Mitchell Golf Course, one of the most spectacular falls in the area, and a real hidden gem. Its 1/2 mile hike up a forest road, nearly level hike.
Within 10-20 miles
* Burnsville and its quaint old town square.
* Penland School of Crafts - I like to call it the "Juliard" of craft arts. Its located between Burnsville and Spruce Pine, and has drawn many artists to the area. We may have the largest concentration of craft artists in the Eastern US.
* Numerous Craft Studios scattered throughout the area
* Mount Mitchell State Park - and home of four of the top ten mountain peaks in the US, including Mount Mitchell which is the highest peak East of the Rockies.
* Lynnville Falls - a popular tourist destination
* Mast General Store
* Roan Mountain State Park - popular for its hundreds of acres of bald mountain covered in pink flowering native Rhododendrons. The Rhododendron festival is generally in late June at the town of Bakersville.
* Lake Lure near Black Mountain, wonderful mountain lake with high-end mountain homes and estates
* Lake James near Marion, boating and fishing, public access
* Chimney Rock, now publicly owned, a natural wonder and great hiking spot.
* Black Mountain, a town renowned for its small shops and restuarants, great place to spend an afternoon.
Within 45-60 miles
* Asheville - One of the "happiest" towns in America, a true mountain town with a lively art culture.
* Biltmore Estate - The largest private residence in America built by George Vanderbuilt, and now open for tours, one of the premier tourist destinations in the East.
* Blowing Rock, a wonderful mountain retreat with great shopping.
* Wolf Laurel Ski Resort
* Grandfather Mountain - biosphere and privately owned park (open to public). Excellent hiking, wildlife park, etc.
* Beech Mountain Ski Resort
* Sugar Mountain Ski Resort