House, 3 Bedrooms, 2 Baths, 10 Sleeps
Big Bear Cabin with Jacuzzi. Walk to Bear mountain Ski resort, fun sledding hill and Zoo! Beautiful views of Bear Mountain Ski Resort from cabin, large deck, and jacuzzi. Sleeps 8-10 people comfortably. 'Like' our Facebook page to see tons bof pics and hear about last min specials: Thompson Timbers Cabin
This is the perfect mountain cabin retreat for families to enjoy together! Thompson Timbers Cabin in Moonridge is located in an exclusive neighborhood just above Bear Mountain Resort (3 min walk to slopes) with 3 bedrooms plus a loft, and jacuzzi you may never want to leave this mountain retreat! The village and lake are a short 5-10 min drive. The Cabin is a great for a couple of families to share. The spacious Master bedroom has a king bed, TV with cable and DVD/VCR, plus a window seat (with down-filled cushions) that can also be used as a comfy toddler bed. The 'Alpine Family Retreat' Suite is on it's own level and is decorated in blue Swiss Chalet decor and has a queen bed, a window seat (toddler bed) and a crib. There is a bathroom next to this room with a shower and a washer/dryer. The 'Cozy Bear's Lair' bedroom is decorated in warm wood lodge decor and has a queen bed plus a TV with DVD/VCR. This room is perfect for a couple or even 2 children. There is a bathroom with a shower attached to this bedroom. The kids loft is the perfect getaway for your kiddos. There are 2 twin beds and 2 full beds which make it the ultimate in cabin-style slumber party fun! One word of caution, the stairs to the loft are a bit steep so are not appropriate for very little ones. We have a baby gate at the bottom to help keep those extra small monkeys downstairs!
About the Owner
My name is Toni and my husband Pete and I feel so fortunate to own this cozy cabin nestled amongst pines trees overlooking Bear Mountain ski slopes. We have been sharing our mountain getaway with renters for 15 years now and truly love knowing that other families are making special memories there as well.
Our family enjoys retreating to the cabin as often as we can and when we can't it brings us joy to know other families are able to enjoy the cabin with their family and friends!
Pete and I have 2 daughters (age 7 and 10) and a 2 yr old Golden retriever named Molly. Our family enjoys skiing, hiking, biking, the beach and traveling to fun new places. We also rent our beach home in Carpinteria which has allowed us to travel during summer with our family. Although our absolute favorite destination is still Thompson Timbers cabin! This is our 'happy place' where all worries seem to disappear :)
4.7 based on 15 traveler reviews
Will be returning to this gem of a cabin!
Loved this place
We had fun!
The cabin was clean.
The jacuzzi was awesome.
Loved the balcony and the heater .
And very nice and kind owners. ( she was very helpful and nice )
Fair prices !!
looking at the pictures i thought the cabin is very small specially the living room , but i was wrong. nice size bedrooms , large balcony , nice size kitchen and the living room wasn't that small we were 10 ppl and was good for us.but i will recommend renters to bring their own shampoo,body wash and hair dryer.
We were only disappointed by the rental hours. usually wherever we rented house or cabins before in this all years either they allow us to check in a little earlier before sun goes down or check out a little late. But unfortunately the owner had other families coming in,so we arrived at 5-6pm on Sunday and got out at 12 o clock Tuesday. we only had Monday to go out and enjoy our vacation.
But will recommend this cabin to everyone . We will definitely come back to this cabin again (slow seasons).
Thank you tony !
Fall in love
There's parking for 3 cars, even though we only had 2 with us. As you enter the cabin, you are instantly warmed and feel right at home. Every adornment was chosen so thoughtfully, every room had character and pieces of love in it. Accommodating for any person that may consider staying here, kids and adults alike. Any questions I may have had, was all in their handy guidebook filled with tips, food, instructions, codes, find a delish restaurant you haven't tried before.. you name it. Don't call just flip it open, how convenient! Many times up in big bear you lose service on your cellphone, don't fret they have a landline and wireless internet too! Oh it doesn't stop there, the hot tub is very clean and hot hot hot. Cozy up fireside. Ample sheets, blankets, towels you name it, pack lightly. The kitchen is fully stocked, take what you want, replace what you finish. A very give and take, feel at home lifestyle which is definitely the air in Big Bear.
The back patio views onto Big Bear slopes, which I can imagine looks amazing in the winter. But for us, it was Autumn and you could see clouds roll in over the mountain tops and trickles of bright sun. Step out into the patio and inhale.. ahhhh, do I have to go home? I was reluctant to leave the next day, no joke.
Fantastic shower pressure. Tv in the master, living and the upstairs loft/cuddle area (great for kids, they'll feel like they have their little own hideaway). Or go up there and tell stories. The movie collection is amazing, reminded me of my youth. You can walk out around the area, go on an adventure stroll, hike, whatever you like. Quick drive down to the lake and super convenient to groceries.
All in all my experience left me with smiles and I hope whoever considers this cabin in the future, feels the same. As, I most definitely will be back every year, and probably again this winter!
From the Owner
“This cabin was our 'dream location' as it is just a short walk from ski slopes of Bear Mountain and nestled in a small neighborhood that backs up to National Forest on one side and sits just above Bear Mountain. The cabin was an original owner cabin that was a lot of fun to redecorate and make changes to like a large wraparound deck with jacuzzi. The cabin is the perfect size to enjoy with 2 or 3 families or cozy enough for just the 4 of us as well. We never tire of going to the cabin and wether we are off hiking/biking/skiing or just reading a good book by the fire watching the snow, we always thank our lucky stars that we own this amazing rustic retreat!”
Activity and Interests
* Boat Rides on the Lake
* Alpine Slide for year round fun for family
* Trout Fishing (Big Bear Lake is one of biggest trout fisheries in So Cal)
* Horseback Riding
* Moonridge Zoo
* Moonridge Golfcourse
* Movie Theaters in Village (2)
* Arcade in Village
* Mountain Biking on trails or biking on bike path around lake
* Summer Concert Series
* Live Theater Performances at Performing Arts Center
* JazzTrak Concert Series
* Fourth of July Celebration with one of best fireworks displays in US
* Stagecoach Rides through Village on horsedrawn carriages
* Arrowhead Outlet Shopping
* Nearby historic town of Fawnskin
* Tuesday Farmers Market
* Discovery Center...Nature Walks and Campfire S'mores Storytime
* Boat Rentals
* Bird and 'Critter' watching
* Snow Summit Chairlift to top of mountain for non-ski season views of lake and great hikes.
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event|
My Standard Rate
2 night minimum stay
Payment is usually accepted in the quoted currency (USD) unless the currency and the amount is specifically agreed in advance with the owner / advertiser.
Additional information about rental rates
- Refundable damage deposit $500.00
- Cleaning $150.00
- Pet Fee $25.00
Nightly Rate: $250 - $500
Weekly Rate: $1500 - $2250
Monthly Rate: $0 - $0
CHRISTMAS AND NEW YEARS HOLIDAY RATES: $500 per night
WINTER WEEKENDS: $375 per night
From the Owner
“So warm and inviting and the minute you step inside you feel as if you are somewhere far away from the hustle and bustle of city life. Kids and adults all seem to be charmed by the rustic A frame classic interior and the loft is usually a big hit with kids! There are 3 separate bedrooms that offer privacy for adults each with queen beds and master with a king bed”
- Sports & Activities
- Clothes Dryer
- Hair Dryer
- Internet ...
- Linens Provided ...
- Living Room
- Parking ...
- Telephone ...
- Towels Provided ...
- Washing Machine
- Wood Stove
- Coffee Maker ...
- Dishes & Utensils ...
- Dishwasher ...
- Kitchen ...
- Microwave ...
- Oven ...
- Pantry Items ...
- Refrigerator ...
- Stove ...
- Toaster ...
- Dining ...
- Dining Area
- DVD Player
- Satellite / Cable ...
- Television ...
- Video Library
Pool / Spa
- Hot Tub
- Minimum Age Limit for Renters ...
- children welcome
- non smoking only
- pets considered ...
Sports & Adventure Activities
- 1500 sq. ft.
- 2 Bathrooms
- Bathroom 1 - toilet, shower, upstairs bathroom is attached to Cozy Bears Bedroom
- Bathroom 2 - toilet, shower, downstairs bath is across from Blue Bedroom...has W/D
- 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 10
- Master bedroom - 1 king, Master bedroom has king bed in spacious room
- Blue Bedroom (Alpine Family Suite) - 1 queen, 1 baby crib, Queen bed w/ crib and window seat that can be toddler bed
- Cozy Bears Bedroom - 1 queen, cozy bedroom with queen bed (no room for extra bed in room)
- Loft bedroom - 2 double, 2 twin/ single, loft is above living room and has 2 twin beds & 2 full beds
- Deck / Patio
- Golf ...
- Outdoor Grill
- Ski & Snowboard ...
- Guests provide their own meals
- Amenities Include: * jacuzzi on deck with amazing views of ski slopes and mountains * Fully Equiped Kitchen with stovetop/oven, microwave, dishwasher, full fridge etc plus all pots/pans and kitchen items. * wood-burning stove * Wireless Highspeed Internet * Washer/Dryer * ipod docking station and cd player stereo in living room * Flatscreen TV in living room with High Definition * TVs with dvd/vcrs in most bedrooms and living area plus Cable (HBO etc) * stereo with cd player * child-proofed and stocked with tons of 'kid/baby' stuff...crib, highchair, booster seat, umbrella stroller, baby gates, tricycle, toys, games, baby bathtub, sippy cups and kids plates, nightlights (3), humidifier * 3 bedrooms plus a sleeping loft * 3 parking spots (side by side)