House, 3 Bedrooms, 2 Baths, 6 Sleeps
2400 Sq. Ft. elegantly furnished, super-equipped residential home-on lakefront with complete privacy. You may come and go as you wish! View beautiful sunsets through the windows of the kitchen, or feel free to enjoy the view from the newly enclosed lanai.
Located approx. 3 miles from Dunedin, and 3 miles from Tarpon Springs, north of Clearwater. Half mile from the Gulf of Mexico-perfect location for pleasure or business. Now equipped with maximum WIFI facilities..also free long distance..much cable access. E-mail for additional information.
About the Owner
1 traveler review
Not Quite What We Expected
1) "Solar heated' - was not on/not working for the month that we were there resulting in the water being too cold to swim in.
2) Hot tub is listed under quick facts. In fact there is no hot tub but rather a jaccuzzi which is at one end of the pool. Because there was no solar heating of the pool this too was not usable.
3) There is no question that the owners are generous in allowing use of everything in the house. And yes, the house is well equipped ('super-equipped' is an overstatement)with the following exceptions: no barbecue, lack of Internet connection and the dishwasher does not work well. However, in the bedrooms there is a shortage of space to store clothes, etc. due to insufficient drawer space but more importantly closet space. The closets in bedrooms 2 & 3 were totally unusable since there was no space to hang up clothes, etc. There was some space in the master bedroom closet but not enough for a month's stay. Similarly, in the kitchen there was no space in the drawers or cupboards to store any personal belongings.
4) The owners' taste is quite ornate with many knick knacks, etc. (This was not totally apparent from the pictures shown online.) If clutter bothers you, this is not the house for you.
5) 'on lakefront' is misleading. The house backs onto a community pond. We did enjoy many beautiful sunsets viewed from the lanai; however, the view is of a pond not a lake.
The area itself is terrific: close to attractions, restaurants, shopping and the ocean
You claimed that it would be "you and your wife only"-it has been reported that our home was used extensively for other guests...a driveway full of cars, and in the street, too. No problem with that-however, prior notice is always nice to have.....and we would have charged extra. The master bedroom closet is empty-perfect for the "two" of you.....however-if you have an entire house of guest, maybe not so much.
Our service has reported that the home was left in complete disarray, with little to no regard for our property, and the hard work that it took it own it!
The "solar heated" pool is just that-and the heater was never turned on...the instructions are located in the home, which you did not bother to read.
This renter left his home in Canada 10 days early, never receiving the complete instructions (including instructions on how to turn on the POOL HEATER) keys, etc.....
Yes, our home is super equipped-period. This "gentleman" and his entourage just had to show up....everything needed was there.
No barbeque? We are unable to keep propane on the property due to insurance rules, and this WAS disclosed.
No internet-you are on vacation, and this was disclosed....find a Starbuck's or whatever.
Yes, the home is on lakefront property, (the "pond" is 2000' x 18,000', 38' deep).....including fish, turtles, etc...yes this is a lake!
We are sorry that we were unable to "meet the demands" of this Canadian visitor-however, that does not give him license to PUBLISH a review such as this....and I hope that potential renters for this elaborate private home who are reading this will understand that is an OPINION of ONE individual....
This family was offered by us to stay for two additional weeks "on the house" as a thank you....he declined....
We believe you will enjoy our home...see for yourself.
It takes all kinds...and life is too short to let one's visit to our home persuade you. We look forward to hearing from you.
Activity and Interests
* 1/2 mile from Gulf of Mexico
* Close to white sand beaches
* Public gulf courses
* Churches (all demoninations)
* Flea Martkets
* Enjoy the Clearwater Beach "night life". Free WiFi included,free long distance.
- Weekly Rate: $1200 - $1200
Monthly Rate: $3500 - $3500
Now booking for August 2012to Easter 2013!
Minimum one week rental.
Rentals rates are for 2 adults, and 2 children (under 16)
Any questions, please e-mail or call.
10 per cent discount for return guests...also for all visits over one month in length.
Due to the close availability of the pool...no children under age 6.
Maximum WIFI available at home.
Pool / Spa
- Outdoor Pool
- pets not allowed
- Beach View
Sports & Adventure Activities
- 2 Bathrooms
- Bathroom 1
- Bathroom 2
- 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- * Attached solar heated, 16' x 32' private pool, with jaccuzzi. * Washer & Dryer located in home, please use with care. * Home is complete! Just bring your clothes, and your family! You have never experienced a more complete, worry free rental! We strive to have you back year after year.... * As equipped as your home is.... * Pure privacy in every respect....use the pool whenever you would like. * Sleeping facilities include: canopy king, queen and 2 twin beds.