Comfy home has sweeping views of the Golf Course at Mt Mitchell, rated four and a half stars by Golf Digest. Fully furnished down to the pots and pans, dinnerware, linens and things, just bring your toothbrush. Drive just a few mins. to the pro shop, fine dining, and pub open every evening but Sunday.
Easy walk to Roaring Fork Waterfall, and just 2 miles off the Blue Ridge Parkway, make this your base of operations while you visit the hundreds of craft galleries scattered throughout the valley. Easy cruising the parkway on your Harley or open roadster, go visit Mt Mitchell State Park, or drive on up to Blowing Rock or Grandfather Mountain.
Of, if you love to fly fish, the South Toe River flows right through the course, and within a mile you're fishing inside the Pisgah National Forest all the way up the slopes of Mt Mitchell. Or go downstream below Clear Creek Rd and its hatchery supported and you can keep your limit. Grill them on your private deck.
Maybe you'd like to rent an innertube at Carolina Hemlocks Recreation Park, just 2 miles away, and go tubing down the river. Don't forget to have someone wait downstream for you and bring you home.
The home has beds for 6
Things to Do Nearby
On Site -- fly fishing, golf, hiking
Within 5-10 miles
* Carolina Hemlocks Recreation Park - Operated by Pisgah National Forest, Hiking trails, terrific swimming hole in summer, RV and tent camping, tubing in the river, great trout fishing in the South Toe River.
* Mount Mitchell Golf Course - Rated 4 1/2 stars by Golf Digest one of the best public courses in the mountains, centered on the South Toe River which comes into play on almost every fairway on the back nine.
* Black Mountain Campground - Within the Pisgah National Forest and along the South Toe River watershed on Mount Mitchell's eastern slope. Hunting, Fishing, waterfalls, hiking trails, RV dump station, RV and tent camping.
* Setrock Waterfalls - located at Black Mountain Campground, about 1/2 mile hike, cascading waterfall of over one hundred feet.
* Little Switzerland -- quaint shops, great restuarants
* Roaring Fork Waterfall - only 1/2 mile from Mount Mitchell Golf Course, one of the most spectacular falls in the area, and a real hidden gem. Its 1/2 mile hike up a forest road, nearly level hike.
Within 10-20 miles
* Burnsville and its quaint old town square.
* Penland School of Crafts - I like to call it the "Juliard" of craft arts. Its located between Burnsville and Spruce Pine, and has drawn many artists to the area. We may have the largest concentration of craft artists in the Eastern US.
* Numerous Craft Studios scattered throughout the area
* Mount Mitchell State Park - and home of four of the top ten mountain peaks in the US, including Mount Mitchell which is the highest peak East of the Rockies.
* Lynnville Falls - a popular tourist destination
* Mast General Store
* Roan Mountain State Park - popular for its hundreds of acres of bald mountain covered in pink flowering native Rhododendrons. The Rhododendron festival is generally in late June at the town of Bakersville.
* Lake Lure near Black Mountain, wonderful mountain lake with high-end mountain homes and estates
* Lake James near Marion, boating and fishing, public access
* Chimney Rock, now publicly owned, a natural wonder and great hiking spot.
* Black Mountain, a town renowned for its small shops and restuarants, great place to spend an afternoon.
Within 45-60 miles
* Asheville - One of the "happiest" towns in America, a true mountain town with a lively art culture.
* Biltmore Estate - The largest private residence in America built by George Vanderbuilt, and now open for tours, one of the premier tourist destinations in the East.
* Blowing Rock, a wonderful mountain retreat with great shopping.
* Wolf Laurel Ski Resort
* Grandfather Mountain - biosphere and privately owned park (open to public). Excellent hiking, wildlife park, etc.
* Beech Mountain Ski Resort
* Sugar Mountain Ski Resort
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event|
My Standard Rate
Feb 1 2014 - Feb 1 2015
1 night minimum stay
Payment is usually accepted in the quoted currency (US Dollar) unless the currency and the amount is specifically agreed in advance with the owner / advertiser.