House, 2 Bedrooms, 1 Baths, 6 Sleeps
Lucky Stone Cottage is a tranquil getaway on the 'Quiet Side' of Mount Desert Island. It is entirely smoke free, including grounds of cottage.
Named after the characteristic smooth, striped beachstones of the Maine islands, Lucky Stone Cottage has the perfect setting for every mood of your vacation within easy reach.
If it's natural serenity you crave, enjoy the peaceful coves and lakes of the Quiet Side.
For summer fun and entertainment, the historic elegance and excitement of Bar Harbor is just a short drive away.
And, of course, Acadia National Park offers the ultimate experience of Maine's beauty, from mountains to meadows to coastline.
The cottage is available for rental year-round, so come back and stay in the Fall for the beautiful foliage!
About the Owner
Guestbook comments from the owner
Our stay was very comfortable. Heat for the bedrooms can be adjusted individually. Large lobster pot fit six lobsters all at once. Very large sofa in living room seats 6 people very comfortably. Caretaker lives right next door if there are any problems. Much better then trying to reach real estate agent after office hours if something is wrong.
We liked that the T.V. in children's bedroom is only for playing games and DVD's. We didn't have to worry what the kids were watching before we got up in the morning. We plan to stay again for the New Years 2011.
Activity and Interests
Closest attractions to the house are the Seal Cove Car Museum, Seal Cove Pottery, many art galleries, Back Beach, and Bass Harbor Lighthouse.
Nearby is the Pretty Marsh picnic area and boat launch at Bartlett's landing. Somes Meynell Wildlife Sanctuary on Somes Pond. Public beach available. Ocean access via the Cape Road is only 1.5 miles away, and only 6.5 miles to Pond’s End on Long Pond where you can rent kayaks and canoes from National Park Kayaks and canoes.
Bangor International Airport is about an hour's drive from the cottage. The Bar Harbor Airport is nearby (30 minute drive).
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Mar 1 2015 - Dec 31 2015
5 night minimum stay
* Approximate monthly rate. Actual rate will depend on the days of the month you stay.
Payment is usually accepted in the quoted currency (USD) unless the currency and the amount is specifically agreed in advance with the owner / advertiser.
Additional information about rental rates
- Refundable damage deposit $500.00
- Pet Fee $50.00
- Tax Rate 10.0%
$500 security deposit in the form of a check and your rental payment must be received with rental agreement 3 weeks before your stay. Your security deposit will be sent back to you when the cottage passes checkout inspection.
There will be a $50 charge for first dog and a $25 additional charge for any additional dogs. This house accommodates three large dogs. Yard must be clean and free of dog waste upon check out.
If you also require daily maid service for cleaning up after breakfast, making beds, and tidying the bathroom, there is a $100 service charge per week.
Cottage is reserved for Saturday to Saturday rental, or Sunday to Sunday rental can be arranged.
A 10% Maine lodging tax will be added to total.
Credit card payments for rental can be arranged through PayPal.
November 1st to May 31st, $600 a week
June 1st to August 31st, $800 a week
September 1st to October 31st, $700 a week
- Tourist Attractions
- Clothes Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils
- Pantry Items
- Dining Area
- DVD Player
- Satellite / Cable
- Video Games ...
- Video Library
- Long-term Renters Welcome
- Minimum Age Limit for Renters ...
- children welcome
- non smoking only
- pets considered
- wheelchair accessible
- Mountain View
- autumn foliage
- botanical garden
- coin laundry
- live theater
- recreation center
- water parks
- winery tours
- bird watching
- eco tourism
- horseback riding
- paddle boating
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
- whale watching
Local Services & Businesses
- fitness center
- massage therapist
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- deepsea fishing
- fly fishing
- freshwater fishing
- golf privileges optional
- ice skating
- mountain biking
- mountain climbing
- pier fishing
- roller blading
- scuba diving or snorkeling
- sound/bay fishing
- 1100 sq. ft.
- 1 Bathroom
- Bathroom 1 - toilet, tub
- Bathroom 2 - shower, Outside shower
- 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6
- Living room - 1 sleep sofa /futon, Full Size sofa bed. Sofa bed linens must be requested
- Bedroom 1 - 1 queen, 1 sleep sofa /futon, Linens must be requested for futon
- Bedroom 2 - 1 double, 1 twin/ single, Bunk Beds.Twin bed over full size bed. Bed rails available
- Deck / Patio
- Lawn / Garden
- Outdoor Grill
- Guests provide their own meals
- Lucky Stone Cottage has a freshly remodeled and enlarged kitchen with new cabinetry, countertops, appliances (including a dishwasher), and a table and chairs for six. Microwave oven, coffee maker, toaster oven, utensils, dishes, extra-large lobster and corn pots. The master bedroom has a queen size bed, and a full size futon. The 'kids' bedroom has a twin bed over double bunk beds, and the living room sofa has a full size pull out mattress. All linens for beds and towels are provided by owner. Free long-distance phone and answering machine. We also have WiFi, cable television, Blu Ray/DVD player. There are books, puzzles, games, Playstation 2, plenty of DVDs, clothes washer and dryer, gas grill and chairs on the front deck for views of Western Mountain. Large driveway can accommodate a towed boat and trailer.