House, 3 Bedrooms, 3 Baths, 6 Sleeps
You can sit and listen to the river rushing by just below this beautifully refurbished lodge/cabin that features gorgeous new hardwood floors and granite counters, new appliances, recreation room with ping-pong, deck overlooks the Black Mountain Range with 5 of the top 10 peaks in the eastern US including Mt Mitchell, tallest east of the Rockies.
Beautiful master bedroom features its very own gas-log fireplace, and each of the two additional bedrooms have their own lavatory, and large windows with wonderful mountain and wooded views. Deer are common in the naturally landscaped yard, and some of the best trout fishing in the Southeast are right outside your door.
Short walk to National Forest, several waterfalls within 2 miles, and only 2 miles off the Blue Ridge Parkway at exit 344 (Buck Creek Gap).
Don't let someone else get your reservation while you're waiting for us to respond to your email. We have 24/7 secure reservation system with more photos, details, and we take all major credit cards. Make your reservation now, don't be left looking for second best. Call me for that link, and we'll "git'er done"
Great Family Vacation!
About the Owner
4.7 based on 3 traveler reviews
A wonderful vacation with minor inconveniences
However, beware: you will have to take your trash with you! For some obscure reason, the cabin owner has evidently not arranged for the trash pick up, so be prepared to drive stinking trash in your car for miles on the winding roads to a convenience station. The stations that were shown on the map provided in the cabin were all closed when we tried them, so we ended up begging an attendant at an Amoco station to let us dispose of our garbage in their container. This necessity to collect stinking garbage in the garage and then search far and wide for a place to get rid of it was the only significant blemish on the whole experience.
Still, this has been no problem for the hundreds of guests that preceded the reviewer. There is no daily trash pick up in the area, as these are individual homes scattered throughout the valley. I wish there were an easy solution, we'd certainly implement it if there was.
We also would prefer a call so we can help with an issue rather than hear about it later in public. So please, please call us if something isn't right, and let us have a crack at it. I live less than half mile from this home, and could have helped had I known it was a problem.
Great Family Vacation!
Activity and Interests
Within walking distance
Fishing in South Toe River
Golf Course pro shop
Setrock and Roaring Fork waterfalls
Pisgah National Forest
Things to Do Nearby
Within 5-10 miles
* Carolina Hemlocks Recreation Park - Operated by Pisgah National Forest, Hiking trails, terrific swimming hole in summer, RV and tent camping, tubing in the river, great trout fishing in the South Toe River.
* Mount Mitchell Golf Course - Rated 4 1/2 stars by Golf Digest one of the best public courses in the mountains, centered on the South Toe River which comes into play on almost every fairway on the back nine.
* Black Mountain Campground - Within the Pisgah National Forest and along the South Toe River watershed on Mount Mitchell's eastern slope. Hunting, Fishing, waterfalls, hiking trails, RV dump station, RV and tent camping.
* Setrock Waterfalls - located at Black Mountain Campground, about 1/2 mile hike, cascading waterfall of over one hundred feet.
* Little Switzerland -- quaint shops, great restuarants
* Roaring Fork Waterfall - only 1/2 mile from Mount Mitchell Golf Course, one of the most spectacular falls in the area, and a real hidden gem. Its 1/2 mile hike up a forest road, nearly level hike.
Within 10-20 miles
* Burnsville and its quaint old town square.
* Penland School of Crafts - I like to call it the "Juliard" of craft arts. Its located between Burnsville and Spruce Pine, and has drawn many artists to the area. We may have the largest concentration of craft artists in the Eastern US.
* Numerous Craft Studios scattered throughout the area
* Mount Mitchell State Park - and home of four of the top ten mountain peaks in the US, including Mount Mitchell which is the highest peak East of the Rockies.
* Lynnville Falls - a popular tourist destination
* Mast General Store
* Roan Mountain State Park - popular for its hundreds of acres of bald mountain covered in pink flowering native Rhododendrons. The Rhododendron festival is generally in late June at the town of Bakersville.
* Lake Lure near Black Mountain, wonderful mountain lake with high-end mountain homes and estates
* Lake James near Marion, boating and fishing, public access
* Chimney Rock, now publicly owned, a natural wonder and great hiking spot.
* Black Mountain, a town renowned for its small shops and restuarants, great place to spend an afternoon.
Within 45-60 miles
* Asheville - One of the "happiest" towns in America, a true mountain town with a lively art culture.
* Biltmore Estate - The largest private residence in America built by George Vanderbuilt, and now open for tours, one of the premier tourist destinations in the East.
* Blowing Rock, a wonderful mountain retreat with great shopping.
* Wolf Laurel Ski Resort
* Grandfather Mountain - biosphere and privately owned park (open to public). Excellent hiking, wildlife park, etc.
* Beech Mountain Ski Resort
* Sugar Mountain Ski Resort
- Nightly Rate: $130 - $150
Weekly Rate: $650 - $750
Monthly Rate: $2200 - $2500
In season (higher rate) applies to Memorial day weekend through October, Christmas and Thanksgiving weeks.
Some discounts in September as time draws closer, please ask.
Prices reflect 4 occupants, slightly higher for larger groups
Cleaning Fee is $65
Pets are $50 non-refundable
- pets considered
Sports & Adventure Activities
- 3 Bathrooms
- Bathroom 1
- Bathroom 2
- Bathroom 3
- 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Central Air/Heat Fireplace in Master Bedroom Game Room with Ping Pong Fronts on South Toe River Granite Counters Hardwood Floors Cable TV Telephone New appliances