Stunning views looking south over the 17th Green, ponds and fairway, mountains in distance. Spacious townhome (actually duplex building, this is one side), with gas-log fireplace, full kitchen, huge dining area, and lots of comfortable seating. Main level also has a bedroom and bathroom. Lower area has a suite that includes full bath, queen bed with views and walk-out slider, laundry room, and office/den. Loft bedroom has a queen bed and private full bathroom.
All linens, pots and pans, everything provided.
Walk to clubhouse with excellent restuarant operated by Swiss chef Teo Gauss, and also Hawtrey's Pub open nightly except Sundays.
2 Miles off the Blue Ridge Parkway at 4 1/2 star (Golf Digest) rated Mt Mitchell Golf Course. Less than a mile to Roaring Fork waterfall, drive half mile walk the rest.
Thanks, Dave, for everything, you did to make our visit to "Top View"...it was great. We'd be most pleased to speak to anyone re your professional services provided -- "an enthusiastic client" is, as you know, the very best source of referrals.
Looking foward to returning...hopefully for the full summer and fall.
* Tennis Court
Things to Do Nearby
Within 10 miles
* Carolina Hemlocks Recreation Park - Operated by Pisgah National Forest, Hiking trails, terrific swimming hole in summer, RV and tent camping, tubing in the river, great trout fishing in the South Toe River.
* Mount Mitchell Golf Course - Rated 4 1/2 stars by Golf Digest one of the best public courses in the mountains, centered on the South Toe River which comes into play on almost every fairway on the back nine.
* Black Mountain Campground - Within the Pisgah National Forest and along the South Toe River watershed on Mount Mitchell's eastern slope. Hunting, Fishing, waterfalls, hiking trails, RV dump station, RV and tent camping.
* Setrock Waterfalls - located at Black Mountain Campground, about 1/2 mile hike, cascading waterfall of over one hundred feet.
* Little Switzerland -- quaint shops, great restuarants
* Roaring Fork Waterfall - only 1/2 mile from Mount Mitchell Golf Course, one of the most spectacular falls in the area, and a real hidden gem. Its 1/2 mile hike up a forest road, nearly level hike.
Within 10-20 miles
* Burnsville and its quaint old town square.
* Penland School of Crafts - I like to call it the "Juliard" of craft arts. Its located between Burnsville and Spruce Pine, and has drawn many artists to the area. We may have the largest concentration of craft artists in the Eastern US.
* Numerous Craft Studios scattered throughout the area
* Mount Mitchell State Park - and home of four of the top ten mountain peaks in the US, including Mount Mitchell which is the highest peak East of the Rockies.
* Lynnville Falls - a popular tourist destination
* Mast General Store
* Roan Mountain State Park - popular for its hundreds of acres of bald mountain covered in pink flowering native Rhododendrons. The Rhododendron festival is generally in late June at the town of Bakersville.
* Lake Lure near Black Mountain, wonderful mountain lake with high-end mountain homes and estates
* Lake James near Marion, boating and fishing, public access
* Chimney Rock, now publicly owned, a natural wonder and great hiking spot.
* Black Mountain, a town renowned for its small shops and restuarants, great place to spend an afternoon.
Within 45-60 miles
* Asheville - One of the "happiest" towns in America, a true mountain town with a lively art culture.
* Biltmore Estate - The largest private residence in America built by George Vanderbuilt, and now open for tours, one of the premier tourist destinations in the East.
* Blowing Rock, a wonderful mountain retreat with great shopping.
* Wolf Laurel Ski Resort
* Grandfather Mountain - biosphere and privately owned park (open to public). Excellent hiking, wildlife park, etc.
* Beech Mountain Ski Resort
* Sugar Mountain Ski Resort