1280 sq ft, 2-story family home available for quiet getaways. Open kitchen-dining-living space with lake view, and doorwall that opens onto large deck. Dishwasher, washer-dryer, WIFI, and cable TV w/HD. Professionally-cleaned, smoke-free home. Comfortable for 7 people, yet cozy for 2.
Real note-quotes from our guests:
• 'Thank you again for sharing your house -- it was perfect for us!' (IN friends, February 2015)
• 'Now we've seen springtime, July 4th, and the end of the season. Your home makes it the best of holidays, as we feel like we're home.' (MI family, October 2014, July 2014, July 2013 & June 2012)
• 'Thank you for sharing your lovely home. So comfortable and relaxing. We enjoyed sitting on the swing, watching the birds and the lake. The sunrises were amazing! We look forward to coming back.' (MI family, August 2014)
• 'We enjoyed shopping, sightseeing, and great restaurants, but the best part was our time at this beautiful, clean house.' (Istanbul, Turkey & MI family, July 2014)
• 'Enjoyed your place even more than last summer (and THAT was great)! It immediately feels like home.' (MI couple, June 2014 & June 2013)
• 'I loved sitting on the deck in my bathrobe in the cool, clear morning, sipping my coffee, watching the boats go by ...' (MI couple, October 2013)
• 'We had a wonderful time and appreciated all the nice little touches to your home. We could not have asked for anything more! This allowed for some much-needed family 'bonding' time. Thanks for your generosity -- great memories were made here!' (MI family, August 2013)
• 'Slept wonderfully. Woke up to a beautiful view this morning!! The house is absolutely perfect.' (WI family, July 2013)
• 'We enjoyed walking the trail, a nightly campfire, and the cozy feeling of a family home. Thank you so much for thinking of every contingency in preparing for guests.' (IL family, June 2013)
• 'We were very comfortable in your home in the woods, very peaceful and quiet ... it's been a pleasure to be your guests.' (PA & IL sisters, September 2012)
• 'We had a wonderful time and thank you for such a warm and comfortable setting.' (MI & IA family, July 2012)
• 'Thanks again ... the kids have already asked about 100 times if we can go back again next year!' (IN family, July 2011)
• 'We couldn't have picked a better place to call 'home' for the week.' (MI friends, August 2011)
• 'Thank you so much, a wonderful blessing ... we had a very good time.' (IN family, July 2011)
• 'The house was wonderful, and we will definitely recommend to family and friends.' (OH couple, September 2010)
• 'Thank you for sharing your home with us -- we really enjoyed being on the water -- it's so peaceful. You have a wonderful spot.' (OH family, July 2010)
• 'I came up with my mother, daughters, and nieces for a 'ladies vacation' and we've had a BLAST! This house was great, very comfortable and convenient to all the attractions. Great view also! Very courteous, generous owners, too.' (OH family, July 2010)
• 'We appreciate how easy you made everything.' (MO family, July 2010)
• 'Just checking in to see if it is still okay for us to stay longer. We are having a great time. The house is perfect!' (MI family, September 2009)
• 'The weekend turned out so nice, I am so glad we found you!' (WI & MI friends, August 2009 & August 2010)
• 'We walked the trail, zipped the line, cooked s'mores in the fire pit, took naps and read books. How relaxing our vacation was!' (MI family, August 2009)
• 'It was everything I love about the big lakes, and cottages ... it is totally charming, lovely, and welcoming ... what a warm, inviting place to relax and refresh.' (MI family, August 2009)
Relax on the deck/balcony with your morning coffee and watch the sun rise over the lake. Walk along the bay with the shorebirds. Enjoy a nighttime fire at our fire pit, and the lights of the Grand Hotel across the lake. Just a 3-minute drive to Mackinaw City and ferries to Mackinac Island -- or, stroll across to the North Central rails-to-trail path: turn right to walk/bike the few miles into town, or turn left to go many trail-miles downstate! Explore Mackinac Island; area lighthouses and the Headlands International Dark Sky Park; the U.P's Tahquamenon Falls, Pictured Rocks, and Soo Locks; and nearby Mill Creek Discovery Park, with its nature trails, climbing wall and zip line.
No managers or property companies -- a family-built and cared-for home.
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event|
My Standard Rate
4 night minimum stay
Payment is usually accepted in the quoted currency (USD) unless the currency and the amount is specifically agreed in advance with the owner / advertiser.
• Personal checks accepted (with signed contract), $200 reservation/damage deposit applies, no miscellaneous fees
• 6, 7 or 8 nights: $200 per night (current 2015 peak-season availability: late July, late August, early Sept including Labor Day, later Sept). Book now and receive an 8th night free!
• 4 or 5 nights: $220 per night (current 2015 peak-season availability: early June)
• Some off-season availability (4 night minimum), please inquire