Villa, 3 Bedrooms, 3 Baths, 7 Sleeps
All year round discounts! Discounts !!!!!!!!!!!!! 20% OFF from 15 may till july 15th. From july 15th until september 15th, get a 10 % Discount !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The River house is located 200 meters from the nice white sandy Caribbean beach and is surrounded by beautiful tropical rainforest. It has two floors. And has a river next to the house. It has a surface of 120 sq. meters and can keep up to 7 person.
Downstairs there are two big bedrooms, with king-size bed or two single beds. Each bedroom has a private bathroom with a hot shower and a separate toilet with sink. The rooms have glass windows and are screened, that means that there is no problem with any insects. For an extra $10 a night, you can have air conditioning in one of the rooms downstairs
Upstairs there is a big bedroom with a king-size bed or three single beds, a private bathroom with a bathtub and a separate toilet with sink. It has an open living area and a fully equipped kitchen . The terrace has a hammock, rocking chairs and a big porch. It has a beautiful nature view on the tropical gardens. It's very private and comfortable. The house can be locked completely and it has a safety box.
All the beds are covered with mosquito nets and the house is well screened. Fresh linens and towels will be provided and soaps are included.
About the Owner
Guestbook comments from the manager
Reviews are very subjective, so let me first explain who we are, so you can better estimate your likelihood of enjoying the place as much as we did. Our party was two 30 something couples, no kids, from Missouri, USA and are all nature lovers. We enjoy traveling, camping, fishing, hiking, swimming, etc, so we are not afraid of bugs, animals, sweat or getting dirty. We do know how to clean up and enjoy metropolitan activities as well, but we are not "sissified". We work hard, but we also play hard.
Congo Bongo was a great choice for the Carribean coast of Costa Rica. It is several miles south of Puerto Viejo, but this proved an asset for us. If you want to be in the middle of constant activity with other people surrounding you, this is not the place for you -Puerto Viejo may be a better choice. But, if you want natural beauty and privacy Congo Bongo was the best choice we saw in the area. We lucked out.
Daan, the owner, is from Holland and speaks English well (which was good for us, since we're sadly your typical English-only Americans). He and his family also live on the property.
The grounds are beautiful with great walking paths between the houses and the beach. Parking is near the houses and was very adequate. There is a gate that is locked each evening at 7 p.m. that leads down the road to the property, which gives you an added sense of security.
Many beautiful native flowers and plants all over the grounds. Wildlife we viewed from our porch included tucans, howler monkeys (if you've never heard these guys, it's a real treat), sloths, the BEAUTIFUL morpho butterfly, paca, crabs everywhere, many other birds and lizards, and your expected rain-forrest sized bugs.
We traveled in late April/early May and had the beach solely to ourselves the entire time. The water was a bit rougher than we're used to at other beaches we've vacationed at, but certainly didn't spoil the fun.
The TINY village of Manzanillo is just around the cove. There is a small grocery store there, but we prefered a larger grocery store on the road between Congo Bongo and Puerto Viejo. Manzanillo has a couple smaller restaurants. Maxi's was pretty good and served dishes true to native cooking, but also had some familiar items to us.
We LOVED Congo Bongo and can't wait to visit Costa Rica again. Any questions - let us know. We'd be happy to answer.
Activity and Interests
• Pacuare River: One-Day (Class III-IV)
• Rafting Trips (Class III-IV+)
• Turtle Watching at night
• Reventazón River: Class III or IV
• Scuba Diving
• Canopy and Zipline Tour
• Horseback Riding
• Aiko-logi Reserve
• ATV Jungle Tour
• Boat, Snorkel and Hiking Trip in Cahuita
• Manzanillo Hike
• Bird Watching
• Spa: Massage, Facials & Treatments
• River, Sea Kayaking and Rainforest Hike
• Fishing Expeditions
• Sloth Santuary, Chocolate House & Waterfall
• Jungle Adventure
• Uatsi Waterfall and Indigenous Reservation
All year round discounts! Discounts !!!!!!!!!!!!! 20% OFF from 15 may till july 15th. From july 15th until september 15th, get a 10% Discount !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
2 people day $165, week $990
3 people day $185, week $1,110
4 people day $205, week $1,230
5 people day $225, week $1,350
6 people day $245, week $1,470
7 people day $265, week $1,590
For special rates look in Congo-Bongo web-site.
Minimum nightly rate is based on a stay for 2 people.
Children until 6 years old are free.
From 6 and over pay as adults
In order to confirm your reservation, there must be a deposit of 40% paid with PayPal. The deposit is non refundable.
- pets considered
- Beach View
- 3 Bathrooms
- Bathroom 1
- Bathroom 2
- Bathroom 3
- 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 7
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Congo Bongo is located 4 hours south east of San Jose in the Gandoca Manzanillo wildlife refuge at the Caribbean coast of Costa Rica . We ( Daan Nelemans the owner , Marisol my wife , Masai our daughter and Ernesto my brother in-law ) live here year round in the property of Congo-Bongo and there will be always somebody to take care of the clients here . The property park of 15 acre we have many flowers, fruit and giant Rainforest trees. We have a private walkway to the quiet, unspoiled white sandy beach and featuring the beautiful blue Caribbean Sea. Enjoy exuberant nature all around you, Tropical Gardens and giant rainforest trees on your way to the quite and unspoiled Manzanillo white sandy beach and christal blue Caribbean sea . Our vacation rental houses are fully equipped, completely private and have direct private access to the amazing Manzanillo Beach. Congo Bongo is a unique private and quite destination to that allows you to truly enjoy the wonders of the Caribbean and it's nature on on a relaxing vacation paradise. Discover a world of relaxation, nature and fun unknown to many. The best snorkeling in the area can be found right offshore. The sea water is safe. The wetlands and surrounding forest areas have a great diversity of species, many only locally sited, crocodiles, alligators, otters, wild bores, ocelots, pumas, pacas, sloths, spider monkeys, white-throated capuchin monkeys, and numerous other species of birds, reptiles and amphibians. Howler monkeys can be heard from your room any day. Manzanillo (1km) is a small fishing village with restaurants, a small market, a dive shop and a boutique. In Puerto Viejo (14 km from Congo Bongo) you will find a Bank, doctor, drugstore, boutiques, bars, restaurants, supermarkets and nightlife.