Panama continues to be rated as one of the top emerging must-see places in the world and the Playa Blanca resort is Panama's finest beach site on the Pacific Coast, located 1.5 hours (68 miles or 110 km) from Panama City on the Pan-American Highway.
* The Founders condos are among the newest on the Playa Blanca Resort
* This luxurious condo is on the 3rd floor and is a 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom unit that boasts all modern amenities
* View of the 17 acre swimming pool (50% complete with 8 acres now open). Please note this pool is NOT available to guests (currently under review)
* Owned by a Canadian family
* Our typical vacation is:
* Panama City - stay 1-2 nights in Panama City - several Sheraton Hotels right downtown by the waterfront and walk around to explore the city adjacent to the waterfront.
* Albrook Mall (largest mall in Central America located along the edge of Panama City alongside Panamal Canal and Albrook Airport). You can spend a day here.
* Panama Canal (8th Wonder of the World) - spend 4-5 hours at the Panama Canal watching ships pass through and seeing the displays in the 3 story Panama Canal Exhibit Hall (similar to a Science Centre).
* Your best plan is to plan to leave Panama City before noon to beat the mid afternoon traffic, pickup groceries along the way at Coronado, and enjoy the countryside on the 1.5 hr drive (divided highway with 2 lanes in each direction) to the resort where our property manager will meet you.
* Note if you rent a car, Panama law adds a mandatory $18.50 per day on for insurance unless you can bring written proof from your credit card company that your credit card covers it. If you rent a car we recommend renting it from one of the major companies at the Albrook Airport.
* Panama is consistently ranked as one of the top retirement destinations globally
* Playa Blanca is rated as one of the must-see places in the world by the New York Times
* The condo is 5 min from the Pan-American Highway which provides easy access to many attractions.
* Newly opened Playa Blanca Town Centre on-site containing a mini-grocery mart, and a great restaurant called Beirut
* Good shopping and groceries at nearby town of Coronado (25 min away) including several dollar stores, a newly opened El Machetazo (3 level depeartment store similar to WalMart), Rey (grocery), gas stations, fast food (KFC, McDonalds, Don Lee), HMI (Home Improvement & More), Cochez (similar to Home Depot), etc.
* El Valle is 40 min away - good zoo, great market shopping, mineral spa - well worthwhile day trip
* Golfing available a few minutes away at the neighbouring Decameron resort.
* 10 min from Panama's newest International Airport (Rio Hato) - opening in 2014
* In the low season (May to November) almost daily rain showers are interspersed with sunny spells and a much quieter time of the year
* The high season (December to April) is almost pure sunshine and heat