House, 5 Bedrooms, 5 Baths, 10 Sleeps
Rainbow Ranch Vacation Rental is a spacious and modern home designed to give you the best possible views of Mt. Shasta and it's neighboring Black Butte Mountain while providing maxiumum comfort. The high lofted ceilings and numerous windows provide just that; The best view of Mt. Shasta. We are close to skiing, golf, swimming, hiking and all the great outdoorshas to offer. We are located at 4,000 Ft. as little as Five minutes from the interstate "Where Heaven and Earth Meet."
About the Owner
Guestbook comments from the owner
We stayed at Rainbow Ranch, Mount Shasta during out Memorial day weekend with two other families and we had a fantastic time. It is like a resort with all the facilities. It looks very secluded and peaceful even though you are right there near I-5.
The highlight of the place was the view of the snow covered Mount Shasta. It was simply superb. You just wake up from the bed and have the pristine view. What a sight, it just makes your day. Once you are in the backyard, the mountain seems so close that you feel you could just walk to the base of the mountain.
Also Deborah was a fantastic host and went ouf of her way to make us feel comfortable. Its very hard to fine such customar service.
I would recommend this place 10 out of 10 times to anyone who wants to enjoy a peaceful time with friends and family.
4.5 based on 17 traveler reviews
The Perfect Wedding!!!
Perfect wedding home
The house is beautiful and immaculate and the backyard provides the most spectacular views of Mount Shasta.
It rained on our wedding day so we rented a huge 30' x 60' tent and it more than fit in the backyard!
Debbie was very accommodating by letting us come in a little early, leave later, and tons of trash cans were provided.
We picked the perfect place to have our perfect wedding!
WARNING! Stay clear.
DANGER STAY CLEAR
In general the property is beautiful but not well maintained.
1) During our stay we found multiple huge (football sized) hornets nest on the house. Two of our guests were stung.
2) The Jacuzzi was warm but not hot and smelled foul. We chose not to use it.
3) There was an runner on the staircase that was loose and a section was broken and turned upside down. The nails that held it down were turned upwards. One of our guest stepped on the nail with bare feet.
4) There was a old rusty carburetor and various auto parts behind the jacuzzi.
In all we accepted these issues, even went to the trouble of buying hornet spray and taking care of the nests. But on the 4th night of our stay the water ran out. The next morning the water came back up briefly and then went out again. No showers for anyone. Well had somehow failed. Obviously stuff happens, so we called the owner and were told it would be fixed. We went about our day. Upon returning we were told the problem was fixed and the water was fine. And it was for about 2 hours, at which point the water went out again before anyone could take showers. So, some of our guests had been unable to take showers for 2 days. The next morning we informed the owner that we were leaving. She begged us to stay, but my guests were already leaving and we honestly had had enough. With water out going on the 3rd day we were done. All of this was fine with us, the problem is when we asked for our money back for the day that we were without water and the the 2 remaining days after we left we were told that no refund would be given. For a place that was charging top $$$, I was shocked and still am quite honestly. I have literally rented hundreds of places and this is the first time I have ever experienced anything like this. When I protested, very politely, I was informed that more communication would be forwarded to the owners lawyer. WOW! STAY CLEAR!
Activity and Interests
* The location of our home allows for a quick 8 minutes drive to central Mt. Shasta where you will find numerous mouth watering places to eat. The art galleries and shops in town offer fantastic gifts for yourself or someone else. Local artists have provided some of the best work in our community to show in our home. For your convience you may purchase the art through us directly.
* Within 15 - 30 minutes you can easily arrive at; the Sacramento River, Lake Siskiyou, Mt. Shasta Golf Resort, Shastina Golf Resort and our local Weed Golf Course. Swimming, fishing, boating,hiking and bird watching are all within 5 miles from our home.
* Fish Hatchery, Ice Skating Ring at Shastina Park, Mt. Shasta Ski Park and trail heads are close as well.
* The 4th Of July Events in Mt. Shasta allow for some of the best times you can imagine; parades, music, internatinal foods and entertainment along with friendly people everywhere...and the most incrediable fireworks display in the evening. For more information about other special events in our area please contact us directly we would love to share information with you about our community.
- Nightly Rate: $145 - $395
Weekly Rate: $870 - $2500
Monthly Rate: $4000 - $10000
We base our rates on the number of individuals that stay in our home. We offer discounts to all groups and large families. We are open minded to rate changes in order to provide you the absoute best price and home! Contact us so we can work with you on an individual basis.
- Sports & Activities
Pool / Spa
- Hot Tub
- pets not allowed
Sports & Adventure Activities
- 5 Bathrooms
- Bathroom 1
- Bathroom 2
- Bathroom 3
- Bathroom 4
- Bathroom 5
- 5 Bedrooms, Sleeps 10
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Bedroom 5
- All Season Hot Tub with a breathtaking view of Mt. Shasta is nestled privately into the corner of the back yard. A large picinic area with table and chairs, BBQ and cooking utensils are provided. The kitchen area is a dream! A formal dining area with a large oak table is perfect for family meals and playing board games or cards. It is attached to the kitchen which offers a large cooking Island with a butcher block, an abundance of counter space, two ovens, microwave and refridgerator. Cookware and modern appliances are avaliable for your use. We have provided; a guest laundry area with a washer/dryer, utility sink and iron and ironing board. Flat Screen TV's/Cable and a telephone are avaliable for local calls. You may use your calling cards to make long distance calls or you may purchase one from a locall store for under five dollars. We will make every effort with resonable requests to provide you the best service, the cleanest enviroment with the best price value.