Surround yourself with beauty of nature and serenity as you step into this Zen-inspired cabin emulated to look and feel like a Kyoto countryside home. This immaculate 2 bedroom with a loft and 2 bathroom cabin is on Cattail Creek . Hear the relaxing flow of water as you lounge in the huge covered porch that overlooks the dazzling clear water below. Perfect place to catch on the latest novel or take a nap on the huge sectional seating/daybed or al fresco dining. Or explore the deck and stairs that lead to the creek for swimming or fly fishing. The indoor living area features high ceiling, stove fireplace and upscale furnishings. The masterbedroom boasts of its own fireplace and a sitting area with french doors leading to the porch. There is plenty of sleeping room in the guest room or the loft. The fully well-equipped kitchen is perfect for gourmet cooking with electric grill on the patio.
This Japanese inspired place of solace is impeccably decorated and outfitted to inspire rest, relaxation and renewal for your next vacation.
* Japanese garden
* Interior: about 1500 Sq Ft
* Covered Porch: 12 ft X 56 ft
* Master Bedroom: Queen Size bed with sitting area, TV, fireplace and french doors
* Master bath: double sink vanity; soaking tub
* Second Bedroom: Queen Size bed
* Loft: 3 full size beds and 1 twin size bed
* Living Rooom: Table with chairs and bench
* Ipod dock: charger, speaker, player
* Kitchen: fully equipped with cooking tools and appliances
* Balcony: sectional sofa for relaxing, dining set for outdoor dining and outdoor electric grill
* Laundry room with washer and dryer
* No smoking allowed
* Only small pets allowed
Burnsville in Yancey county NC is truly a haven for outdoor enthusiasts. The scenic bucolic drives are spotted with artist's galleries, rustic barns and teeming with indescribable natural wonders.
Within 5-10 miles
* Carolina Hemlocks Recreation Park - Operated by Pisgah National Forest, Hiking trails, terrific swimming hole in summer, RV and tent camping, tubing in the river, great trout fishing in the South Toe River.
* Mount Mitchell Golf Course - Rated 4 1/2 stars by Golf Digest one of the best public courses in the mountains, centered on the South Toe River which comes into play on almost every fairway on the back nine.
* Black Mountain Campground - Within the Pisgah National Forest and along the South Toe River watershed on Mount Mitchell's eastern slope. Hunting, Fishing, waterfalls, hiking trails, RV dump station, RV and tent camping.
* Setrock Waterfalls - located at Black Mountain Campground, about 1/2 mile hike, cascading waterfall of over one hundred feet.
* Little Switzerland -- quaint shops, great restuarants
* Roaring Fork Waterfall - only 1/2 mile from Mount Mitchell Golf Course, one of the most spectacular falls in the area, and a real hidden gem. Its 1/2 mile hike up a forest road, nearly level hike.
Within 10-20 miles
* Burnsville and its quaint old town square.
* Penland School of Crafts - I like to call it the "Juliard" of craft arts. Its located between Burnsville and Spruce Pine, and has drawn many artists to the area. We may have the largest concentration of craft artists in the Eastern US.
* Numerous Craft Studios scattered throughout the area
* Mount Mitchell State Park - and home of four of the top ten mountain peaks in the US, including Mount Mitchell which is the highest peak East of the Rockies.
* Lynnville Falls - a popular tourist destination
* Mast General Store
* Roan Mountain State Park - popular for its hundreds of acres of bald mountain covered in pink flowering native Rhododendrons. The Rhododendron festival is generally in late June at the town of Bakersville.
* Lake Lure near Black Mountain, wonderful mountain lake with high-end mountain homes and estates
* Lake James near Marion, boating and fishing, public access
* Chimney Rock, now publicly owned, a natural wonder and great hiking spot.
* Black Mountain, a town renowned for its small shops and restuarants, great place to spend an afternoon.
Within 45-60 miles
* Asheville - One of the "happiest" towns in America, a true mountain town with a lively art culture.
* Biltmore Estate - The largest private residence in America built by George Vanderbuilt, and now open for tours, one of the premier tourist destinations in the East.
* Blowing Rock, a wonderful mountain retreat with great shopping.
* Wolf Laurel Ski Resort
* Grandfather Mountain - biosphere and privately owned park (open to public). Excellent hiking, wildlife park, etc.
* Beech Mountain Ski Resort
* Sugar Mountain Ski Resort