* Economical in price, but luxuriant in the amenities will be your home away from home as you explore and hang out in paradise. The Big Island has 11 of the world's 13 climatic zones so you will always find the sun & adventure somewhere!!
* Central location to the best Big Island tourist attractions including: Kohala Coast Golf Courses, Volcano National Park, Waipio Valley, ziplines (the Big Island boasts of 8 ziplines), Mauna Kea Observatories and world renown beaches such as Hapuna Beach, Mauna Kea Beach & “A” Bay (only 15 – 30 minutes away).
* Finest restaurants in Hawaii right in the town of Waimea (walking distance), home of the world famous Parker Ranch, one of the largest ranches in America. One of their green pastures is just outside our front door.
* Talk story with hosts willing to share their experiences of the island and to provide unique personal 4 wheel drive tours of Mauna Kea and Waipio Valley.
* Have added a rollaway cot for those wishing to bring 1 additional person, a youth or younger would be best suited.
Patsy & Dale moved to Hawaii from Canada in 2005, one of the best decisions we made. A building contractor and a Physical Therapist, we are committed to making your stay memorable and healing in every way.
“A wonderful location at an elevation that provides you the utmost in restful, relaxing peace. We are just across the road from the green hills of the world renown Parker Ranch. Hike to the backside of Waipio Valley from our doorstep. Most of all you will never be in a more safe place.”
The following is what some of our guests have to say about their experience at Hilltop Haven.
SL from Santa Fe, NM 'Thank you so much for your gracious hospitality!!! I feel so rejuvenated. Haven't slept so soundly and deeply in ages! My best to you both. A hui ho...'
SB from Honolulu 'Beautiful home and warm hospitality. Thanks so much...'
CA from Edomonton, AB 'The wonderful company of you guys and letting us stay in your beautiful home was awesome. I really enjoyed the golf and zipline and snorkeling. The drive to Waipio was unbelievable. Thank you for your second to non hospitality'
BA from Sedgewick, AB 'I enjoyed the tours throughout the vast countryside and different climates. Definitely will be back to SNUBA and dive again and to go zip-lining. Thank you so much!'
S&B F from WA 'Hilltop Haven was absolutely the perfect home - away- from home for us. The studio apt. is comfortable, homey and provided for our every need down to the last detail. The location was perfect for us.'
L&B G from Sask. 'This has been an incredible vacation...the sights underwater were awesome. Dale, our trip to the Waipio Valley was definitely a little like heaven.'
K&J B from CA. 'We enjoyed visiting your island. Waimea is a great little town. We understand why you choose to live here. The studio room that we stayed in was lovely'
D&P W from CA 'Sure hate to leave this beautiful location and wonderful studio. The pictureson your site don't do the room justice, and we will certinaly recommend your place to others.
DL from CA 'Beautiful home, friendly people, wonderful weather, wish I could stay longer. Thanks for your hospitality... PS I left my heart in Hawaii.'
B&B A from GA 'Hilltop Haven definitely did not disappoint, but instead it far exceeded our expectations. The town of Waimea is so lovely. We enjoyd using your studio as our starting point for adventures to Two Step for snorkeling, a breathtaking drive to S. Kona, shopping, exploring the resort areas, taking in a beautiful sunset at A Bay and a nice drive through Cowboy Country and on up to Hawi. While we are sad to be leavingthe Big Island we know & trust that the time we spent here will forever live on in our memories.'
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
My Standard Rate
Feb 1 - Feb 1
* Approximate monthly rate. Actual rate will depend on the days of the month you stay.
Payment is usually accepted in the quoted currency (USD) unless the currency and the amount is specifically agreed in advance with the owner / advertiser.
Nightly Rate: $145 - $165
Weekly Rate: $925 - $975
* Rates: $145/night, $925/week/single or double occupancy. $50 cleaning fee and taxes apply. Two (2) night minimum stay. 50% deposit required, balance due 30 days prior to arrival. Cancellation allowed prior to 14 days before arrival, subject to 10% withholding. Call or email for special offers.
*FYI this Waimea is on the Big Island.
“If you enjoy people but like having your own private space where it is peace and quiet. Almost a rural setting, yet seconds from the best the Island of Hawaii has to offer in restaurants and amenities. Two things that stand out for out guests, what we have heard over and over again is: Attention to detail, in your immediate surroundings and the construction of your studio space. Diversity, around every corner, over every hill; the climate, the beauty, the opportunity to experience something new on the Big Island is totally unsurpassed. And the good news is you are central to it all right here at Hilltop Haven.”