House, 2 Bedrooms, 2 Baths, 5 Sleeps
This lovely, newly built, 2 bedroom/2 bath home is just steps away from Montara beach, one of the loveliest beaches in the San Francisco area. The living room has unobstructed, spectacular views of the ocean and Montara Mountain and a wood-burning fireplace.
We built this home as our vacation house: we welcome you to share our passion for the California coast and all it has to offer. We love to come here from the Netherlands whenever we get a chance. We do not smoke, and have a strict non-smoking policy in the house.
This romantic house is situated on a very quiet cul de sac at the edge of Montara, giving it a great sense of privacy. Still, it is less than a minute away from the beach (so you will hear the pounding surf when the winds are above 20 knots) and only 20-30 minutes from downtown San Francisco, SF International Airport (SFO), the peninsula cities of Palo Alto, Stanford, San Mateo and less than an hour from wine country (Napa, Sonoma) to the north and the mountains of Santa Cruz to the south.
For a Google Earth view: 37o32’43.85 N 122o30’44.23 W
The house is less than 4 yearas old, and is fully furnished. A spacious entry leads upstairs to a large open space, combining living and dining room with an open kitchen. Adjacent to the living room is the master bedroom with a queen size bed, and a luxurious bathroom with a Jacuzzi bath.
Downstairs is another bedroom (full size bed), a full bathroom and the laundry room. The living room has a sleeper sofa (max two small children). In total, this lovely home can accommodate up to 5 guests (maximum 4 adults, plus one child (two in a squeeze). The kitchen has all new appliances, including a very efficient gas cooktop, a double oven etc.
Nearby Montara is Princeton Harbor. It is a working fishing harbor where you can buy your fish fresh or smoked, take a deep-sea fishing trip, or fish from the pier. The protected beaches within the harbor are wonderful for kids, and the bluff walks above provide views of the world-famous Mavericks surfing area. A 14 mile bicycle trail runs along the beaches south and north. Next to the harbour is also Half Moon Bay airport, accommodating small planes.
For those who are in shape, a two hour trek up Montara Mountain will reward you with spetacular views of the ocean, San Francisco, the Bay and beyond from the exact same spot where the Spanish explorer Gaspar de Portola was the first European to sight the Bay.
Less than 7 miles to the south lies the town of Half Moon Bay, home of the famous October Pumpkin and Art Festival. Half Moon Bay is rich with galleries and great restaurants such as award-winning Cetrella, or Zagat rated Café Gibraltar. A world-class golf course can be found south of Half Moon Bay.
Further south are San Gregorio and Pescadero with beautiful beaches, bird marshes and Pigeon Point Light House. If you want to enjoy the company of elephant seals you should visit the Ano Nuevo State Park (Nov-Mar, reservations required). Less than an hour south of Half Moon Bay is sunny Santa Cruz, with wonderful surfing beaches and the Boardwalk.
San Francisco is 20-30 minutes to the north. Beyond San Francisco are Napa and Sonoma valley, Sausolito, Muir Woods and Sacramento: all are easy day trips.
A perfect getaway
About the Owner
1 traveler review
A perfect getaway
Activity and Interests
* Enjoy nature. Redwoods, beaches, mountains
* Beach walks, whale watching, horseback riding on the beach, bicycling along the coastal trail. Surfing (rent a wet suit!)
* Visit the tide pools at Fitzgerald Marine Reserve in Moss Beach (less than 5 minutes away)
* Fishing - deep sea fishing trips from Princeton Harbor
* Kayaking – rent a kayak to explore Princeton Harbor and the ocean
* Golf - Ocean Colony to the south and Sharp Park Pacifica golf course to the north
* Shopping (San Francisco, Half Moon Bay)
* Day trips:
* wine tasting in Napa, Sonoma.
* San Francisco. Museums, restaurants, shops, Alcatraz, the piers, Chinatown, too many to list
* Monterey Aquarium, Pebble Beach Golf course, Carmel, Santa Cruz, Sacramento
* Villa Montalvo
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
My Standard Rate
Jan 22 2015 - Jan 2 2016
Changeover Day: Saturday
4 night minimum stay
* Approximate monthly rate. Actual rate will depend on the days of the month you stay.
Payment is usually accepted in the quoted currency (USD) unless the currency and the amount is specifically agreed in advance with the owner / advertiser.
Additional information about rental rates
- Tax Rate 10.0%
Payment by check or wire transfer. A deposit of $ 500 secures the reservation. The balance is due six weeks before check-in.
Weekly rentals are Sat 4 pm - Sat 10.30 am
Transient occupancy tax is 10%, to be added to rental rate
- children welcome
- non smoking only
- pets not allowed
- Beach View
- Ocean View
Sports & Adventure Activities
- 2 Bathrooms
- Bathroom 1
- Bathroom 2
- 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 5
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- New furnishings all around. Quiet, bright interior and decor. Fully wired with cable and WiFi internet connection. CD player, Blue Ray DVD player, LCD TV in living room, regular TV in master bedroom. Full kitchen: gas cooktop, microwave, double oven, dishwasher, freezer/fridge with ice maker, fully equipped with cooking utensils and cookware. Washer/dryer: linen is provided.