House, 2 Bedrooms, 2 Baths, 4 Sleeps
ONE LOCATION...TWO DIFFERENT WORLDS!
The Palapa at Nah Balam is located 12 kilometres inside the Biosphere of Sian Ka'an, one of the worlds most sought after eco destinations in the heart of the Mayan Riviera, and far away from the large all inclusive hotels, lights and city noise of Playa Del Carmen and Cancun. Peace, quiet and exclusitivity are the words that describe this area of the Riviera. To the front of the property lies the most pristine perfect beach you can imagine! White powdery sand stretches for as far as the eye can see. Turquoise blue water is as warm as bath water year round. The beach is extremely private allowing wildlife to live in its natural state. it is possible to see turtles at night lay their eggs in deep holes in the sand. Pelicans, eagles, cranes and all manner of beautifully coloured birds soar over head. Watch tiny crabs as they scurry across the warm sand and dig deep holes for safety.
To the rear of the property stretches miles and miles of fresh water lagunes teeming with fish, manatees, and all types of flora and fauna. There is a canal here to float down while you become enchanted with the abundance of wild orchids and mangrove forests. At the end ? A mayan ruin to explore!
Truly one location with two different worlds!
The house is fully furnished for 4 and has a fully equipped kitchen. Stay in and prepare a gourmet meal with your freshly caught fish or head to Tulum for international cuisine over looking the beautiful Caribbean ocean.
About the Owner
Activity and Interests
There is no end of things to do at the Palapa. The sun is hot, the water is warm and the beach is always inviting!
* Suntan, swim, exercise at sunrise or sunset, drink margaritas on the beach, bar-b-que, fish at waters edge.
* read a book while swinging in the shade on the hammock.
* The bridge at Boca Pailla is a beautiful walk away and here the sea meets the estuary of the laguna. Fish are teeming in this area and fishermen come from around the world to fly fish.
* Snorkelling in this area is also world class. The largest coral reef in the northern hemisphere runs in front of the property and is easily accessable.
* Explore the calm waters of the laguna for the day on the Kayaks.
* Go a little further to learn about the Sian Ka'an reserve at the Eco centre.
* The wonderful restaurants and shops of Tulum beach road are 15 minutes away. Here you can eat international cuisine while listening to live music or take a Salsa lesson from the pros! The little shops are unique and fun to browse.
* To the south of the palapa is the little town of Punta Allen. Take a trip there for diving and finish the day with a 'just out of the ocean' lobster dinner.
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event|
Feb 15 2015 - Apr 30 2015
4 night minimum stay
Payment is usually accepted in the quoted currency (USD) unless the currency and the amount is specifically agreed in advance with the owner / advertiser.
Additional information about rental rates
- Refundable damage deposit $200
Payment is by Pay Pal . 50% deposit on confirmation of booking and 50% plus damage deposit 4 weeks before arrival
Nightly Rate: $200 - $400
Weekly Rate: $1400 - $2800
Monthly Rate: $0 - $0
Please call for monthly rates.
- Away From It All
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Towels Provided
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils
- Kitchen ...
- Dining Area
- Long-term Renters Welcome
- Minimum Age Limit for Renters ...
- children welcome
- non smoking only
- pets not allowed
- wheelchair inaccessible
- Beach View
- bird watching
- eco tourism
- paddle boating
Local Services & Businesses
- fitness center
- massage therapist
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- deepsea fishing
- fly fishing
- freshwater fishing
- pier fishing
- scuba diving or snorkeling
- ski privileges optional
- sound/bay fishing
- 1000 sq. ft.
- 2 Bathrooms
- Bathroom 1
- Bathroom 2
- Both are full bathrooms with showers but no bath.
- 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 4
- Bedroom 1 - 1 king
- Bedroom 2 - 2 twin/ single
- Bedroom 1 and 2 are in the loft area divided by curtains rather than walls. However they are far apart and work well for families with children.
- Deck / Patio
- Kayak / Canoe ...
- Guests provide their own meals
- The Palapa is located on 10 acres of gated property. Safe, secure and extremely private and well equipped with everything you may need. pick up and return to the airport is available and car hire can be arranged. * Sleeps 4, In a large loft with divider. 1 King and 2 twin beds ( can be converted to a king). * 2 full bathrooms. * Plenty of towels for inside and the beach. * plenty of hot water pressurized for comfortable showering. * fully equipped kitchen, gas stove, fridge, toaster. * Supply of purified water. * dining room with seating for 6. * lounge with 2 comfortable couches and a wing chair and coffee table. * lounge has a 25 foot open ceiling with fan. * lounge opens onto deck with chairs. * internet * library of videos and books. * sunbeds with palapa sun shade. * B-B-Que for your catch of the day!. * 3 kayaks. * boogie boards. * Hammock for swinging while reading! * 10 metre tower with chairs for a panoramic view of the ocean and the laguna * beach is groomed daily. * keeper on site 24/7. * Solar power with back up electricity. * On the laguna side of the property is a pier into the the Laguna for fishing and launching the kayaks.