The Happy Clam is a stylish comfortable home with walls of windows, including a two story great room. This makes for wonderful viewing of the water and sky. Inspiring in any kind of weather. The location is ideal:
* sits right on the quiet south jetty with great views from the bay to the ocean - birds and seals are constantly in view as are fishing boats cruising by
* is at the epicenter of fun stuff, all within walking distance - a serene beach, clam beds, biking, pier for crabbing, marina, Rogue Brewery, marine attractions including the fabulous Aquarium, restaurants, shops, glass blowing, bike trails and miles of beach.
* is wonderfully comfortable for a great night's sleep, lounging, and fully equipped for fun activities including games, ping pong, pool table, foosball
* close to fun festivals, 5 min. walk to WINE AND SEAFOOD FESTIVAL and others.
MAIN HOUSE (Sleeps up to 11): The main part of the house is on the second and third level which is also why the views are so good. There we have 3 bedrooms (1-King and 2 Queens) plus a bunk room (very small room with bunk beds) and a loft area with a pull-out couch (full). The bedrooms all have walk-in closets and baths. There are 3 HDTV's and plenty of couches and chairs. The master bedroom has a double walk-in closet, so large we put a twin mattress in one side for an extra sleeping place.
The dining table seats 8 (10 can work) and the kitchen counter seats 3. The kitchen is stocked with dishes, pans, pots, cutlery, spices, flour, sugar.
APARTMENT (Sleeps 2): We have recently remodeled a space on the first level of the home into a cheerful downstairs apartment. It has a bedroom with a queen bed, a bath, a small living room and kitchen plus another HDTV. We do not rent this separately but it can be added to the main house. With this, The Happy Clam can easily open up handle up to 13 people. It's nice to have this space for those that are bit noisier or need more quiet time -- depending on the group.
The Happy Clam is great for smaller families and is also perfect for expanded family get-togethers, retreats, book and other clubs, reunions, birthday or other special days (including surprises) - or just plain getting away from the routine. There is no bad season to hang at the Happy Clam. It's always relaxing and never boring.
Nine of us were here for a family reunion from grandparents to grandchildren. What a great house for all of us. Not crowded at all. Experienced storms and beautiful sunshine, visiting the lighthouse and long walks. All in all a fun relaxing time in an idyllic home
* Beach combing
* Surfing, horseback riding and bike trails near home
* Great restaurants, live theatre, art galleries
* Fishing, crabbing, clamming
* Nearby Lighthouse
* Oregon Coast Aquarium, Hatfield Marine Science Center
* Rogue Brewery Headquarters with restaurant & picnic tables
* 5 min to WINE AND SEAFOOD FESTIVAL
* Glass blowing
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event|
My Standard Rate
Feb 1 2014 - Feb 1 2015
1 night minimum stay
Payment is usually accepted in the quoted currency (US Dollar) unless the currency and the amount is specifically agreed in advance with the owner / advertiser.