House, 5 Bedrooms, 4 Baths, 13 Sleeps
The Happy Clam is a stylish comfortable home with walls of windows, including a two story great room. This makes for wonderful viewing of the water and sky. Inspiring in any kind of weather. The location is ideal:
* sits right on the quiet south jetty with great views from the bay to the ocean - birds and seals are constantly in view as are fishing boats cruising by
* is at the epicenter of fun stuff, all within walking distance - a serene beach, clam beds, biking, pier for crabbing, marina, Rogue Brewery, marine attractions including the fabulous Aquarium, restaurants, shops, glass blowing, bike trails and miles of beach.
* is wonderfully comfortable for a great night's sleep, lounging, and fully equipped for fun activities including games, ping pong, pool table, foosball
* close to fun festivals, 5 min. walk to WINE AND SEAFOOD FESTIVAL and others.
MAIN HOUSE (Sleeps up to 11): The main part of the house is on the second and third level which is also why the views are so good. There we have 3 bedrooms (1-King and 2 Queens) plus a bunk room (very small room with bunk beds) and a loft area with a pull-out couch (full). The bedrooms all have walk-in closets and baths. There are 3 HDTV's and plenty of couches and chairs. The master bedroom has a double walk-in closet, so large we put a twin mattress in one side for an extra sleeping place.
The dining table seats 8 (10 can work) and the kitchen counter seats 3. The kitchen is stocked with dishes, pans, pots, cutlery, spices, flour, sugar.
APARTMENT (Sleeps 2): We have recently remodeled a space on the first level of the home into a cheerful downstairs apartment. It has a bedroom with a queen bed, a bath, a small living room and kitchen plus another HDTV. We do not rent this separately but it can be added to the main house. With this, The Happy Clam can easily open up handle up to 13 people. It's nice to have this space for those that are bit noisier or need more quiet time -- depending on the group.
The Happy Clam is great for smaller families and is also perfect for expanded family get-togethers, retreats, book and other clubs, reunions, birthday or other special days (including surprises) - or just plain getting away from the routine. There is no bad season to hang at the Happy Clam. It's always relaxing and never boring.
Beautiful home and location,
About the Owner
Guestbook comments from the owner
Nine of us were here for a family reunion from grandparents to grandchildren. What a great house for all of us. Not crowded at all. Experienced storms and beautiful sunshine, visiting the lighthouse and long walks. All in all a fun relaxing time in an idyllic home
4.6 based on 11 traveler reviews
Beautiful home and location,
Great place to unwind
I came from Portland and my two children drove up from Eugene to meet at this wonderful location to unwind for a couple of days. Rogue brewery and the aquarium are literally around the corner, so entertainment required no effort. A short drive across the bridge and you're in bay front old town.
Found ourselves watching the waterway activity for an hour at a time... very relaxing.
Master suite is huge and the other two have their own bath as well; perfect for three couples.
The owners were wonderful, very helpful and attentive when needed, even returning a call from half way around the world when we were locked out of the downstairs apartment! They happily answered my MANY questions during the planning phase, as there were quite a few because of trying to coordinate for a large group, some who'd never even met each other. (I was worried about everyone being comfortable with sleeping and bathroom situations, but in the end, there was nothing to worry about.) This was the absolute perfect rental house, and we truly hope to rent it again in the future!
Clean, comfortable, well-stocked, easy to find, great location, ample parking, comfortable beds, nice views, big, plenty of seating, all bedrooms have their own bathroom, fun gameroom in the garage, helpful owners. Perfect rental house, that doesn't even feel like a rental!
Fantastic family reunion from England and NZ
Fantastic home away from home
Happy Clam Kept Us Happy!
Activity and Interests
* Beach combing
* Surfing, horseback riding and bike trails near home
* Great restaurants, live theatre, art galleries
* Fishing, crabbing, clamming
* Nearby Lighthouse
* Oregon Coast Aquarium, Hatfield Marine Science Center
* Rogue Brewery Headquarters with restaurant & picnic tables
* 5 min to WINE AND SEAFOOD FESTIVAL
* Glass blowing
- Nightly Rate: $225 - $499
Weekly Rate: $2075 - $3465
Monthly Rate: $0 - $0
Summer Season and Holiday Rates: June 13 - Sept. 7 $395/night main house; $495 main house with apartment ( 4 night minimum)
Seafood & Wine Festival: $1850 for 3 night min.
Winter season Sept. 8 - June 12 (excluding holidays) Main house: $225/night Tues-Thurs $275/night (Fri-Mon) main house with apartment; $325 (Tues-Thurs) $375 (Fri - Mon) 2 night minimum stay in winter season.
All guests pay a 9.5% city tax and a 1% state tax.
cleaning fee: $175 main house; $200 main house with apartment and all groups over 10 residents
$350 refundable securtiy deposit
- Air Conditioning
- children welcome
- non smoking only
- pets not allowed
- Beach View
- Ocean View
Sports & Adventure Activities
- 4 Bathrooms
- Bathroom 1
- Bathroom 2
- Bathroom 3
- Bathroom 4
- 5 Bedrooms, Sleeps 13
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Bedroom 5
- Outdoor Grill
- * Open, two story living room and kitchen with deck * King bed in master * Queens in two of the bedrooms * Bunk room and pullout couch * Additional APARTMENT (1 gueen bed, 1 bath, second small kitchen and living room can be added to main house, access off entry hallway) * Large kitchen, stocked with spices and cooking supplies * Large dining table, seats 8 to 10 * Kitchen counter seating for 3 * 3 TV's, stereo, ipod players * Game table with board games and books * Pool Table, Ping Pong and Foosball Table * Crab Pots to throw out off the pier (within walking distance)