House, 4 Bedrooms, 3.5 Baths, 20 Sleeps
Not just a home rental, but a Private Island Retreat in the Ozello Keys. Experience the Real Florida here on the Nature Coast; only minutes from Crystal River and Homosassa.
Land bridge access with electronic security gate gives you the privacy and convenience of driving to/from your own private island with amenities you won't get from any other home rental! No traffic noise to hinder the awesome wildlife and beautiful serenity here.
Swim or relax in one of the 2 spas or the 45’ solar-heated pool with 2 32’ waterfalls and wet bar. As you relax in one of the stargazing chairs by the bonfire ring (wood included with your stay), watch one of Mother Nature’s night shows, unhampered by city lights.
All linens, towels and dishes are furnished in both units, each having a full kitchen with dishwasher, microwave, stove and all cooking utensils, including glasses, dishes, pots and pans.
Rent both upper and lower homes (2 bedroom 1.5 bath each) and only your group will be in Paradise*.
When you rent here, you rent an island retreat with many amenities. Be sure you know what is included with your rental, as we have become aware of others making it appear they have enough kayaks for your group; most have 1 or 2 at best, whereas we provide 14. Whether it's paddling with dolphins or exploring some of the 300 islands with one of the 14 kayaks/2 canoes that come at no extra charge, this alone could save a family of 6 more than $500 a day!
Rent a private island, not just a home-in-a-row on a canal. 360 degrees of open water views with very few boats going by!
We also can set you up to snorkel with the manatee or have a private all day tour of Crystal River, including snorkeling and fishing on your own private pontoon boat with your own licensed guide.
Make this the vacation of a lifetime for just a few dollars more.
*Caretakers on property to take care of any needs you may have.
Previewed the Retreat for an upcoming reunion in February
About the Owner
Semi retired artist of metal wood and leather. bought the island to retire to. With economy being what it turned out to be can't stay with out renting it our. But is ok, I love sharing the island with those that would never get to experience island living. We are more money than a in town home but if you compare apples to apples(private islands to Private islands) we give you 3 tiems more at about 40% of the price! Be sure and look at all you get with your rentals. As a roof over your head is usually less than 1/2 of cost of a vacation. Here you lots of extras
4.3 based on 6 traveler reviews
Previewed the Retreat for an upcoming reunion in February
Great place to get away from it all.
We love to kayak and this place was paradie
Vacation in Paradise
we stayed at this island and were more than pleased! we had a great time with no problems at all. the owner was close for anything we needed or questions that we had otherwise we really didnt see him. the pool was gorgeous! loved sitting on the deckside by the pool and just lounging and having a great time with friends.
i was a little surprised when we got there, the homes were much nicer and more comfortable than what the photos show.
ken, the owner, took us on a jet ski tour out to the gulf and we seen a ton of dolphins and some stingrays and even a couple sharks! great day!
what can i say other than GREAT VACATION!!
Owner Does Not Return Your Deposit
From the Owner
“Is hard to find a island that has little boat traffic. It is romantic to rent a off shore island. But a hassle to go get a pop. Here you have a 250 land bridge with electronic gate to keep out unwanted visitor and the island private”
Activity and Interests
Homosassa Springs Wildlife State Park is one of the best places in the state to view manatees, some of which are treated here before being released into the wild. An excellent value at $13/adult, $5/child, spend the afternoon at the zoo and research center (15 minute drive from Paradise).
Rainbow Springs State Park offers swimming, snorkeling, canoeing and kayaking, hiking and wildlife viewing (squirrels, otter, turtles, alligators, songbirds, hummingbirds, red-shoulder hawks, osprey, barred owls, and various water birds).
Weeki Wachee Springs is where underwater performances by mermaids (women wearing fish tails) can be viewed in an aquarium-like setting. Visitors can swim at Buccaneer Bay, see the Misunderstood Creatures Animal Show, or take a riverboat ride down the Weeki Wachee River.
Crystal River Archaeological State Park is a 61 acre National Historic Landmark, activities include salt and fresh water fishing, bird watching and a boat tour of Crystal River.
Yulee Sugar Mill Ruins Historic State Park contains the remnants of the once-thriving 5,100-acre sugar plantation, serving as a supplier of sugar products for southern troops during the Civil War.
Take a manatee snorkel trip for as little as $30 (let us know and we can book it for you).
Many Orlando area amusement parks and attractions are just a day trip away.
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event|
May 30 2015 - Sep 12 2015
7 night minimum stay
|Notes: Rates are based on 8 guests; add $10 per night, per additional guest|
My Standard Rate
2 night minimum stay
|Notes: Rates are based on 8 guests; add $15 per night, per additional guest|
Payment is usually accepted in the quoted currency (USD) unless the currency and the amount is specifically agreed in advance with the owner / advertiser.
Additional information about rental rates
- Pet Fee $70.00 + Tax
- Tax Rate 9.0%
90 days or more 1/3 down 1/3 60 days up and 1/3 30 days up
90 or less bal in full arrangements can be made
Private Island home, land accessible, many amenities you will not get with an in-town home.
* Specializing in groups of 12 to 20, great for family reunions or gatherings.
* FREE use of 14 kayaks and 2 canoes (save up to $800/day).
* FREE firewood for nightly bonfires.
* We offer the ultimate in privacy and security for your group.
For the cost of renting a kayak each day, your gro
From the Owner
“45 solar heated salt water pool 2, 32' waterfalls all LED lit 45' tiki with sound system and wet bar siting for 60 guest fire ring with furnished wood each day 14 kayaks and 2 canoes, That alone would cost you 800 a day up town over 140 yard lights so you can walk most of the island at night with out a flashlight 2 full 2 bedroom 1.5 bath homes with 5 real queen beds 3 sofa queens and 2 queen air matess”
- Air Conditioning ...
- Clothes Dryer
- Fireplace ...
- Heating ...
- Internet ...
- Linens Provided ...
- Living Room
- Telephone ...
- Towels Provided ...
- Washing Machine ...
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils
- Dining Area
- Stereo ...
- Toys ...
- Video Games ...
Pool / Spa
- Hot Tub ...
- Outdoor Pool
- Private Pool ...
- children welcome
- non smoking only
- pets considered
- wheelchair accessible
- Beach View
- Water View
- coin laundry
- rain forests
- bird watching
- eco tourism
- horseback riding
- outlet shopping
- paddle boating
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
- fitness center
- massage therapist
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- golf privileges optional
- 2500 sq. ft.
- 2 Bathrooms,
- 2 Half Baths
- Bathroom 1 Upper main - toilet, combination tub/shower, Please email to see my site and over 130 photo of island
- Bathroom 2 upper 1/2 bath sink toilet - toilet, Please email to see my site and over 130 photo of island
- lower 2nd toilet and sink - toilet, Email to see my site and over 130 photo of island to save $
- Bathroom 3 Lower main - toilet, combination tub/shower, Email to see my site and over 130 photo of island to save $
- 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 20
- lower main - 2 queen, Please email to see my site and over 130 photo of island
- Lower 2nd bedroom - 1 queen, Please email to see my site and over 130 photo of island
- Upper main - 1 queen, Please email to see my site and over 130 photo of island
- Upper second bedroom - 1 queen, Please email to see my site and over 130 photo of island
- Upper living room 2 queen sofa 1 queen air - 2 sleep sofa /futon, Please email to see my site and over 130 photo of island
- Lower living room queen air and sofa queen - 1 sleep sofa /futon, Please email to see my site and over 130 photo of island
- Deck / Patio ...
- Kayak / Canoe ...
- Lawn / Garden ...
- Outdoor Grill ...
- Guests provide their own meals
- FREE use of 14 kayaks/2 canoes (enough for 23 to paddle together ~ save hundreds a day in rental fees!) 45' solar-heated pool 2 32' lit waterfalls 45’ Tiki hut with wet bar and sound system 8' 9HP spa with 6 water features at pool Private double-pump Jacuzzi on deck of upper home 2 Picnic area with charcoal grills Bonfire ring with furnished wood coin-op washer and dryer 61” Sony HDTV in upper home, with over 200 channels 42' HDTV in lower home, with over 200 channels Queen-size beds Full kitchen in each home Screened-in patio and deck for each home High-speed wireless internet Awesome wildlife viewing and so much more... check our website for more details.