Available year round... call for off season pricing. Corner Cottage is a exceptional place to get away anytime of the year!
Be pampered in our vacation home!
Located in the popular Floradale Association, this 2-story, 4 bedroom, 2 1/2 bath home is well suited for single family or multi-family use. An upstairs loft area is a unique feature that offers another place in the cottage where people can sit and talk, play games, watch tv, or sleep.
Corner Cottage is located in one of the most private areas in Floradale - on a corner with woods in the back, a large front yard, and a vacant lot on the side. There is plenty of parking available for cars, trailers, dune vehicles, etc. Behind the woods is an easily accessible 2-track seasonal road. Wonderful for a relaxing walk.
While the summer months are especially beautiful and full of activity, Corner Cottage is available for rent year round. Consider spending your off-season vacation enjoying the spectacular fall colors, skiing, snowmobiling, or simply relaxing by the fireplace with a great book.
# 3557 Cozy Cottage (423 Dune Scooter Mears, MI 49436)
- built by owner spring 2010
- located 2 lots away from this property
- same size/layout as Corner Cottage
- 4 bedrooms, 2 1/2 baths, sleeps 15
Association benefits include:
* access to 400' of sandy Silver Lake beach front
* boat slips available - you can leave your watercraft moored during your stay (let us know ahead to ensure availability)
* heated in-ground pool
* tennis courts
* tether ball
Beautifully decorated, Corner Cottage's name comes from it's location on the corner of 22nd and Dune Scooter. Built to sleep up to 15, this cottage is in a GREAT location:
* 1/2 mi from the shared beach on Silver Lake and 1/4 mi from assoc. pool/tennis courts/basketball/clubhouse, etc.
* less than 2 mi from the historic Little Point Sable lighthouse (tours available), and incredible Lake Michigan beaches
* approx. 1 mi from multiple sources of ice cream (very important!), Craig's Cruisers (miniture golf, go-carts, slick track, zipline, bumper boats, arcade), a bakery, gift shops, restaurants, the Park Store (small grocery store that also sells firewood), a gas station (also various supplies and some groceries) and Mac Woods Dune Rides.
Venture a little further and find fresh fruit/veg stands and public access where you can climb the dunes or sit and watch the dune buggies as they navigate the sandy hills. From the top of the dunes you will have a breathtaking view of Silver Lake and Lake Michigan at the same time. Sunsets from this vantage point are absolutely spectacular!!
Nearby spots within 15 - 20 min travel by car include:
Access points to the beautiful 25mi long Hart - Montague paved bike trail, Pentwater Lake and its charming downtown, Hart, Shelby, Stony Lake, golfing, horseback riding and the Silver Lake Sand Dragway.
20 - 45 min by car gets you to:
Muskegon (lots of shopping!), Ludington, and Michigan Adventure Amusement and Water Park.
Silver Lake is a great lake for kids! It has a sandy bottom and stays shallow for quite a ways on the Floradale Assoc. beach side of the lake. On the dunes side, the bottom drops off sharply which allows for easy access by boat and great swimming right next to the shore.
Silver Lake water conditions can range from completely still to white caps. This allows for many activities: fishing, sailing, boating, skiing, windsurfing, swimming, tubing, etc...
Please, no smoking in the cottage or on the porches.
Please, no pets without prior written permission.
thinkdunes (.com) is a great source of information about the Silver Lake area