House, 4 Bedrooms, 2.5 Baths, 15 Sleeps
Available year round... call for off season pricing. Corner Cottage is a exceptional place to get away anytime of the year!
Be pampered in our vacation home!
Located in the popular Floradale Association, this 2-story, 4 bedroom, 2 1/2 bath home is well suited for single family or multi-family use. An upstairs loft area is a unique feature that offers another place in the cottage where people can sit and talk, play games, watch tv, or sleep.
Corner Cottage is located in one of the most private areas in Floradale - on a corner with woods in the back, a large front yard, and a vacant lot on the side. There is plenty of parking available for cars, trailers, dune vehicles, etc. Behind the woods is an easily accessible 2-track seasonal road. Wonderful for a relaxing walk.
While the summer months are especially beautiful and full of activity, Corner Cottage is available for rent year round. Consider spending your off-season vacation enjoying the spectacular fall colors, skiing, snowmobiling, or simply relaxing by the fireplace with a great book.
# 3557 Cozy Cottage (423 Dune Scooter Mears, MI 49436)
- built by owner spring 2010
- located 2 lots away from this property
- same size/layout as Corner Cottage
- 4 bedrooms, 2 1/2 baths, sleeps 15
Association benefits include:
* access to 400' of sandy Silver Lake beach front
* boat slips available - you can leave your watercraft moored during your stay (let us know ahead to ensure availability)
* heated in-ground pool
* tennis courts
* tether ball
Beautifully decorated, Corner Cottage's name comes from it's location on the corner of 22nd and Dune Scooter. Built to sleep up to 15, this cottage is in a GREAT location:
* 1/2 mi from the shared beach on Silver Lake and 1/4 mi from assoc. pool/tennis courts/basketball/clubhouse, etc.
* less than 2 mi from the historic Little Point Sable lighthouse (tours available), and incredible Lake Michigan beaches
* approx. 1 mi from multiple sources of ice cream (very important!), Craig's Cruisers (miniture golf, go-carts, slick track, zipline, bumper boats, arcade), a bakery, gift shops, restaurants, the Park Store (small grocery store that also sells firewood), a gas station (also various supplies and some groceries) and Mac Woods Dune Rides.
Venture a little further and find fresh fruit/veg stands and public access where you can climb the dunes or sit and watch the dune buggies as they navigate the sandy hills. From the top of the dunes you will have a breathtaking view of Silver Lake and Lake Michigan at the same time. Sunsets from this vantage point are absolutely spectacular!!
Nearby spots within 15 - 20 min travel by car include:
Access points to the beautiful 25mi long Hart - Montague paved bike trail, Pentwater Lake and its charming downtown, Hart, Shelby, Stony Lake, golfing, horseback riding and the Silver Lake Sand Dragway.
20 - 45 min by car gets you to:
Muskegon (lots of shopping!), Ludington, and Michigan Adventure Amusement and Water Park.
Silver Lake is a great lake for kids! It has a sandy bottom and stays shallow for quite a ways on the Floradale Assoc. beach side of the lake. On the dunes side, the bottom drops off sharply which allows for easy access by boat and great swimming right next to the shore.
Silver Lake water conditions can range from completely still to white caps. This allows for many activities: fishing, sailing, boating, skiing, windsurfing, swimming, tubing, etc...
Please, no smoking in the cottage or on the porches.
Please, no pets without prior written permission.
About the Owner
5 based on 4 traveler reviews
Corner Cottage is an OUTSTANDING cabin, I would recommend to anyone!
Corner Cottage is an OUTSTANDING cabin, I would recommend Corner Cottage to anyone!
Activity and Interests
thinkdunes (.com) is a great source of information about the Silver Lake area
- Nightly Rate: $300 - $450
Weekly Rate: $1500 - $2500
Monthly Rate: $0 - $0
Memorial Day through mid September
* $2500/week plus 6% Michigan Use Tax
* A refundable Security Deposit ($250) is required.
* No extra charge for normal cleaning or use of dock slip
* Flexible rental arrangements/rates Mid-September until Memorial Day weekend.
* Long term rental available during off season.
* Corner Cottage is available year-round.
* We do not update the calendar regularly - email or call for availability.
- Sports & Activities
Pool / Spa
- Outdoor Pool
- pets not allowed
- autumn foliage
- coin laundry
- winery tours
- bird watching
- horseback riding
- paddle boating
- scenic drives
Local Services & Businesses
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- basketball court
- freshwater fishing
- jet skiing
- mountain biking
- water skiing
- water tubing
- 2 Bathrooms,
- 1 Half Bath
- Bathroom 1
- Bathroom 2
- Half Bathroom
- 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 15
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Corner Cottage is LOADED with extras! Outdoor sports equipment/games, sand box with toys, generous supply of indoor games/puzzles/books/dvds, and lots more! The linens and towels provided are high quality and definitely add to the ambiance of the cottage. Several beach towels also provided. Sleeping configuration: (each bedroom has an alarm clock) * main flr master bdrm: (1)queen bed * upstairs bdrm: (1)queen bed * upstairs bdrm: (2)twin beds * upstairs bdrm: (1)full/full bunk, (1) full bed, (1) twin bed * living rm: (1)full size sleeper sofa The upstairs loft area has a hdtv/dvd combo, 1 sectional, and 1 recliner. This area serves as another 'hang-out' spot for teens, children, and families. Bathrooms: * Master bathroom: (shower) * Upstairs full bathroom (tub/shower) * Main Floor 1/2 bathroom Living Room: * 32" flat screen hdtv/dvd combo (swivel mounted above gas fireplace) * 1 regular sofa and 1 sleeper sofa (full size) * rocking chair * recliner * coffee table Dining area: * Large rectangular table with 2 leaves that can seat 10 - 12. * Sliding glass door for access to the furnished screened-in porch Kitchen: * Island w/seating for 2 * coffee maker * dishwasher * pots/pans * bakeware * dishes/glassware/silverware * serving dishes * kitchen utensils * cutting boards * crock pot * blender * toaster * electric griddle * electric range/oven * microwave * refrigerator with icemaker * pantry for food storage * plus more! Also: * 1 pack-n-play * 1 stroller * 1 umbroller * iron/small ironing board * washer/dryer * bath towels/linens supplied * firepit w/chairs * wireless internet access * cable tv * outdoorWeber gas grill * whole house attic fan * room fans throughout * portable room air conditioner/dehumidifier available for an additional charge Corner Cottage's outside features include: * a 12' x 16' screened-in, furnished porch with a ceiling fan * Plenty of parking * Underground sprinkling * picnic table * Weber gas grill * sandbox with sand toys * firepit w/chairs *************************************************************************************************** Corner Cottage was built in the spring of 2010 by owners Tom and Susan Montsma (Tom Montsma Builders, Inc). It is constructed with high quality materials and with the expertise gained through 20+ yrs of building experience. Corner Cottage is meticulously cleaned and cared for by the owners and a handful of trusted friends. We strive to maintain high standards of quality so you can get the most out of your vacation! Silver Lake has been part of our lives for over 30 years. It is a wonderful place to stay and make family memories. The scenery is unique and beautiful. You can keep as busy as you want or ... do nothing at all. We invite you to experience Silver Lake for yourselves and ... we want to pamper you while you do! To see more pictures, visit the picasa website: 1. go to the picasa website 2. search on: Corner Cottage Silver Lake 3. on the next screen, click on tmontsma to bring up our web albums.