House, 3 Bedrooms, 2 Baths, 6 Sleeps
Fernwood is a beautiful, recently built ranch style home
situated on 10 acres of woodlands. It is located off of Rt. 50
minutes from Aurora, WVA, and Red House, MD and Rt. 219. Our driveway
winds through the woods to bring you to privacy where wildlife
abounds. The driveway is kept plowed in the wintertime.
The house is centrally located approximately 30 minutes from
Canaan Valley and 25 minutes from Deep Creek Lake, Maryland. We are also minutes from Blackwater Falls State Park and Swallow Falls State Park. It is a
mile from Cathedral State Park, which is excellent for cross country
skiing and snowshoeing. Stay toasty warm with our radiant floor heat.
Enjoy 3 spacious bedrooms, 2 with queen beds and the third with one
double and a twin bed. There is also a queen size sleep sofa in the
living room. There are two full baths.
The fully equipped kitchen includes a breakfast bar and
separate dining with seating for 8. A laundry room with front load
washer and dryer are among the many amenities. A large wrap-around
porch is the perfect place to relax and watch the wildlife. Or relax
in privacy as you soak in our large 5 person hot tub. Canaan Valley
and Deep Creek Lake resort areas both provide a variety of
entertainment which includes skiing, golfing, boating, etc. A variety
of restaurants are also just minutes away.
About the Owner
1 traveler review
Activity and Interests
* Fall: Leaf peeping, pumpkin picking, corn mazes, boating, rafting, biking, hiking, miniature golfing and horseback riding.
* Winter: 25 minutes from Wisp & Alpine Lake. 30 minutes from Canaan Valley. Downhill skiing, snow boarding, sledding, cross country skiing and snowmobiling. Snowshoeing and cross country skiing is available at nearby Backbone Mountain and White Grass or you can break a trail in Cathedral State Park, only one mile away.
* Dining: Cornish Manor, The Deer Park Inn, Denny's, Will 'O the Wisp, Brenda's Pizzeria, Perkins, Pinelodge Steakhouse, Smiley's Fun Zone, Trader's Coffee House, Sante Fe Grill, Mountain State Brewery, Siarrianni's Cafe, Golden Anchor, Purple Fiddle, Big John's Family Fixin's, Amelia's, Melanie's Restaurant, Donna Jeans and many more.
* Shopping: Bear Creek Trader's, The Book Mark'et, The Painted Cupboard, Studio 21, The Tourist Trap, Four All Seasons Gift Shop, Rose Trellis, Southwest Jewelry & Pottery, Sacred Ground and many more.
For the months of July and August we are only available for weekly rentals.
$225 per night
$450 per weekend
$600 per three night weekend
$950 per 7 night stay
*$300 security deposit required
Monthly and seasonal rental contracts available. Call for details.
- Sports & Activities
Pool / Spa
- Hot Tub
- pets not allowed
Sports & Adventure Activities
- 2 Bathrooms
- Bathroom 1
- Bathroom 2
- 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- * 3 Bedrooms * 2 baths * Sleep sofa in living room * large fully equipped country kitchen * microwave * coffee pot * breakfast bar * washer/dryer * flat screen tv * hot tub * wrap around porch * grill * large private yard * garage