Casita de Bahia is a charming 1924 Spanish Revival one-bedroom cottage that is situated close to downtown Dunedin and all its amenities. The 575 sf of well organized space that this little house contains is supplemented by nearly 300 sf of relaxing, screened porch. The cottage is set well back from the main road (Douglas Ave.), and a majestic, moss-draped Live Oak greets visitors on their approach.
The Casita was once one of a dozen or more secluded homes, with now only four remaining. Located on a private shell road (just a handful are left in the county), this quiet, petite home-away backs up to the Pinellas Trail and is perfect for the true cottage lover!
A quaint, vintage retreat, the Casita ('little house' in Spanish), was originally constructed as a tourist/honeymoon cottage by the builders of the locally famous Fenway Hotel - once Trinity College. The old hotel sits 2 blocks to the west overlooking Edgewater Drive and St. Joseph's Sound (part of the Gulf). Across palm-lined Edgewater Drive, at water's edge, are benches for sea- and island-gazing and a walkway that extends north to the Marina and south to the Clearwater border. This linear park is perfect for spotting dolphins, walking the dog, and enjoying our spectacular sunsets. In this area are some of the prettiest and most desirable residential streets in all of Dunedin.
While relaxing at the cottage, enjoy the front and back yards: Bougainvillaea, oleander, flame vine, bromeliads, palms and macho fern are some of the plant species that abound.
The Casita has a cozy, picket-fenced back yard with a stone patio and wood walkway leading directly to the Trail (from the back fence to the edge of the Trail it's approx. 20'). After exiting through the back gate, take a 4-block stroll to the heart of downtown (less than 1/2 a mile and approx. 8 minutes by foot, 3 minutes by bicycle). If baseball's your game, it's a 1-block walk to Dunedin Stadium (Spring Training facility of the Toronto BlueJays). The Hale Activity Center, restaurants, and the Dunedin Library are just around the corner -give or take a block - from your front door (or, take the Trail - locals do!).
"We thoroughly enjoyed LA CASITA, and look forward to returning!
Thank you for all of your preparation, care and thoughtfulness for our stay. Maggie loved the little dog bed and treats, just for her... Thank you for sharing this little home so generously with us."
* Gorgeous, free sunsets over the water just 2 blocks away!
* Marina, the marina park & boat rentals 6-7 blocks
* Unique bars, nightclubs, shops, and restaurants nearby.
* Golfing and country club fewer than 10 minutes away by car
* Honeymoon Island, Caladesi Island only 15 minutes away (ride the ferry to Caladesi and look for dolphins or take a lazy sashay along the shell-strewn shore). Take the pup to Dog Beach!
* Tarpon Springs 20 minutes to the north
* Clearwater Beach 25 minutes to the south
* Wall Springs Park in Palm Harbor is only a short drive away
* Picnic on the water's edge at Weaver Park, just north of Main St.
* The natural, 'real Florida' beauty of Hammock Park awaits you just a couple of miles away.
* Hunt for the discretely painted oranges by local artists which adorn various businesses and homes.
* There are 3 area dog parks to delight your canine companion.
* Listen to the bagpipes played by our community and school pipe and drum corps.
* Bring your golf cart and ditch the car; carts are now allowed on a large number of city streets (small registration fee required).
* Go on a Segway scooter tour or watch them zip by on the Trail while enjoying your backyard oasis.
* Rent a bicycle, bring your own or buy a used one at the many area thrift stores or year-'round neighborhood yard sales.
* Kayak, fish, hunt for shells and enjoy the sun and Gulf breezes...
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Jul 1 2015 - Aug 31 2015
7 night minimum stay
* Approximate monthly rate. Actual rate will depend on the days of the month you stay. Payment is usually accepted in the quoted currency (USD) unless the currency and the amount is specifically agreed in advance with the owner / advertiser.
A $275. personal check to secure the booking is due upon agreement-to-rent, along with signed rental agreement. (This deposit becomes the damage deposit after the guests' arrival and will be returned within 7 days after departure, as long as no damage occurs.)
30 days prior to arrival at cottage, the full amount in the form of a personal check (including rent, taxes and fees) is due.
* July/Aug. $1,750. month $600. week (7 night min.)
* Sept./Oct./Nov. $1,800 month $675 week
* Dec. $1,900. month $700 week
*May/June $1,850 month $650 week
*Jan./Feb./March/April $2,200 month $750 week
Cleaning fee: $75 wk/$85 mo ($150 two+ mos)
Pet fee per: $50 wk/$125 mo - 2 dogs max