Lake home overlooking woods & tennis campus
A newer Lakeside cottage with extra apartment within the Chautauqua community. Just 13 years old and one of Lakeside's premium rentals, always receiving outstanding reviews.. A very sharp, very clean cottage + apartment located across from the Williams Tennis Club in a quiet, wooded section of Lakeside. Walk just 5 minutes north to the waterfront or 5 minutes west to the Rhein Center for the Arts. Very near to the perimeter walking trail &/or senior fitness course. Also just west of the new Chautauqua memorial park with its serenity gardens, fountains & wooded walking trails. This cottage is situated near the end of a dead end street, so it's quiet, private, & without traffic. Plenty of yard, too, for your corn hole games & other outdoor activities! Rent both units in season for $2200/wk (sleeps 12) or separately for $1450/wk (sleeps 8) & $750/wk (sleeps 4). These are bottom line prices, but do not included the gate & parking fees, occurring during the 10 week Chautauqua season.The larger upper unit consists of 3 bedrooms (2 up & 1 down), a loft, a living room, dining room, fully equipped kitchen, 2 full baths with tub/shower, very large front screened porch, very large back deck. The lower unit apartment is handicapped accessible and consists of 1 bedroom w/ queen size bed, a living room (queen sleeper sofa), dining room, full bath (handicapped shower), complete kitchen, & 2 patios, front & back. There is an attached garage w/ bicycles, a wagon, washer/dryer, high chair, & additional lawn & patio furniture. Parking is plentiful on the premise (garage, driveway, & directly in front), as well as in the near vicinity. Full house AC & gas heat. Zone thermostats.
About the Owner
We (Harry & Marcia) built this home in 2002 & have lovingly cared for it ever since. Our permanent residence is in Toledo, just 1 hr away & we come to Lakeside every weekend during the season to check over & maintain our property, as well as enjoy the ambiance of the Lake Erie shore and Lakeside. Harry owns a decorative hardware store & Marcia is a retired teacher.
Activity and Interests
Waterfront activities - swim, free swim lessons for the children, supervised baby pool, kiddie splash park, lifeguards on duty daily (in season), sail, sailing lessons, kayak, fish, fly a kite on the pier.
Waterfront parks - picnic, bandstand w/ concerts, putt putt golf, horseshoes, shuffelboard (free lessons available), supervised & fenced in playground for the little ones, basketball courts, volleyball, narrated 'tree walks', tennis, organized kids activities, Wed. evening 'community picnics'
Movies at Orchestra Hall & Hoover Auditorium.
'God Squad' at Bradley Temple daily for the children. (Like VBS.)
Excellent nightly family entertainment at Hoover Auditorium.
Tennis at the Williams Tennis Club w/ organized tennis activities available for all ages.
Lectures, seminars, expert presenters on a wide range of topics - religious, spiritual, current events, historical, health related, financial.
Women's Club Activities - book reviews, bridge, children's story hour. Men are always welcome.
Daily Chaplain's Hour each morning in Orchestra Hall.
Evening Vespers at the bandstand.
Daily fitness or yoga classes.
3 Sunday Church Services - waterfront, Lakeside UM Church, Hoover Auditorium w/ an invited chaplain of the week.
Many, many art classes of all types available for all ages at the Rhein Center for the Arts.
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event|
May 22 2015 - Sep 7 2015
Changeover Day: Saturday
2 night minimum stay
Payment is usually accepted in the quoted currency (USD) unless the currency and the amount is specifically agreed in advance with the owner / advertiser.
Additional information about rental rates
Nightly Rate: $150- $440
Weekly Rate: $750 - $2200
Monthly Rate: $0 - $0
* There is a $300/unit security deposit required to hold a reservation.
* This cottage is normally rented by the week (Sat. - Sat.) during the summer season. Occasionally partial weeks become available. 2 night minimum.
* Rates do not include the Chautaugua gate & parking fees (mid-June through Labor Day), li
- Air Conditioning
- Clothes Dryer
- Living Room
- Washing Machine
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils
- Pantry Items
- Dining Room
- DVD Player
Pool / Spa
- Communal Pool
- pets not allowed
- autumn foliage
- coin laundry
- recreation center
- theme parks
- water parks
- winery tours
- bird watching
- eco tourism
- paddle boating
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
- fitness center
- massage therapist
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- basketball court
- freshwater fishing
- jet skiing
- pier fishing
- sound/bay fishing
- water skiing
- water tubing
- 3 Bathrooms
- Bathroom 1 - toilet, combination tub/shower
- Bathroom 3 - toilet, shower
- Bathroom 2 - toilet, combination tub/shower
- 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 12
- Bedroom 1 - 1 queen
- Bedroom 2 - 2 twin/ single
- Bedroom 3 - 1 double, 1 twin/ single
- Bedroom 4 - 1 twin/ single
- Bedroom 5 - 1 queen
- Bedroom 6 - 1 sleep sofa /futon
- Deck / Patio
- Lawn / Garden
- Outdoor Grill
- Guests provide their own meals
- Upper Unit - 'Treetops' First floor * fully equipped kitchen with stove, frig.w/ ice maker, microwave, coffee maker, toaster, disposal, * full bath with tub/shower * living room with TV, cable, VCR/DVD * dining room with large table & dining bar with stools * 1 bedroom (queen) * large screened front porch w/ comfortable furniture * large rear wooden deck w/ grill & deck furniture * side access to attached garage w/ washer & dryer, bikes, wagon, highchair, lawn chairs, beach toys * ceiling fans in bedroom & living room Second floor * 2 bedrooms (dbl + single, 2 singles) * loft (1 single) * full bath with tub/shower * ceiling fans in bedrooms Lower Unit @ street level- 'Courtside' * 1 bedroom (queen) * living room w/ sleeper sofa (queen), cable TV, VCR/DVD * dining room with table & chairs * fully equipped kitchen w/ stove, frig, microwave, coffee maker, disposal, toaster * rear patio w/ furniture & grill * front patio w/ furniture * direct access to front & back yards - just out the door * lawn furniture * handicapped accessible * access to garage for washer/dryer, bikes, etc. Full house AC & gas heat. Zone thermostats. Directly across from the Williams Tennis Club w/ its 2red clay , 3 har-tru & 2 hard courts. Continuous tennis activities - clinics, round robins, tournaments. 5 minute walk to the lakefront & waterfront park. 10 minute walk to the center of Lakeside w/ its abundant activities. 5 minute walk to the Rhein Center for the Arts w/ artistic activities for all ages. Quiet, peaceful, wooded. A favorite location of many LKSD visitors