My home is rented in 2015 beginning June 27, 2015 through Labor Day weekend. If you are interested in time after Labor Day or for 2016, let me know. Thanks.
My home is designated 'Historic, Out of District'. It was constructed in 1928 by the widow of Col Henry Sawyer who built and owned the nearby Chalfonte Hotel. His photo hangs upstairs at my home. He is the fellow in the center with the white gloves.
Parking in Cape May can be difficult but you will note that Benton Avenue has no parking meters! I also have a long driveway and several cars can park bumper to bumper.
I am three short blocks to the beach. Once at the beach, you are one block along the promenade from the Arcade. You are three blocks walk to the Historic District.
911 Benton sleeps eight in four spacious upstairs bedrooms each with a paddle fan: three queen and two single beds.Two full bathrooms (no bathtub) plus an enclosed outdoor shower with hot water and a large and wonderful front porch with rockers.
Please note the following:
- a gas barbecue is in the back yard;
- the driveway can stack four cars. No lawn parking is allowed. Benton Avenue has street parking with no parking meters. (rare in Cape May!)
- my side yard is filled with flowers, birdbaths and birds! Cape May is on the bird flyway!
- Three short blocks to the beach…you can hear the ocean from the porch! The windows open so open the windows and hear the ocean…enjoy the breeze…see how long you can go without the AC on….try the paddle fans….relax………
- Open front porch with rockers! Excellent dining area! Rare to have mosquitos.
- No pets nor smoking on the property. Thank you
- Central AC unit. House will get cool but not frigid. With the ocean breeze and the paddle fans, you may never need to turn on the AC. But if you do, be gentle with it.
- Ample hot water for showers as hot water heater is very large.
- No Beach chairs, umbrellas, surf boards nor bikes are provided so bring your own or rent them. (However I do have some chairs which folks have left and those are available)
- Dishwasher, gas stove, coffee maker, toaster, microwave, blender, mixer, very sharp knives, ample dish ware, new washer/dryer, vacuums. If you see it, you can use it but please clean whatever you use before you put it back. Please treat items as if they were your own.
- Dining room table easily sits eight and we have sat 10 with a slight squeeze.
- 40 inch SMART TV; WiFi; iPod hookup (provide your own iPod); CD player and lots of CDs; DVD player and a selection of DVDs. Public library has DVDs and renters can use the library at no charge!
- It is an easy walk to the beach for both adults and children. The Mall is about six blocks; coffee shops and bike rentals.
- I create birdhouses from vintage wooden shutters. A sample photo is in this listing of some houses. Some are for sale at the house and also at the Chalfonte Hotel where I worked a few years as the handyman
- Benton Avenue is a low traffic street…nice neighbors…many non-renters on the street. Please respect and contain the noise level especially in the evenings.
- Enjoy the artwork!
Finally, please remember that this is my home. I am renting again this year as family matters require that I be out of state. So please take care of things for me.
Any questions, call me or e-mail me. Thank you!
Three blocks to the beach. Beautiful sunsets. Read a book on the porch. Birding.
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event|
My Standard Rate
Jul 4 2015 - Aug 28 2015
7 night minimum stay
my standard rate
Aug 29 2015 - Sep 11 2015
7 night minimum stay
Payment is usually accepted in the quoted currency (USD) unless the currency and the amount is specifically agreed in advance with the owner / advertiser.
Weekly Rates beginning on Saturday at 2pm to the following Saturday at 10am
I am fully rented through August 30, 2014.
I sometimes rent for weekends usually arriving on Friday evening and departing on Sunday. Prices vary depending on dates. Contact me for available dates.
My home is open 12 months of the year as it is my residence. Any questions please email me. Thank you