House, 3 Bedrooms, 1.5 Baths, 7 Sleeps
Watch sunsets on the shores of Green Bay at the Gray Gull Cottage. This 3 bedroom secluded home is 6 miles south of Egg Harbor. The cottage sits on an wooded acre of beautiful cedar trees and has a cobblestone beach with a fire pit and deck right on the shoreline. The Gray Gull has 1 1/2 baths with a 6 person sauna. The living room has a cathredal ceiling, a fireplace and incredible bay views. The newly renovated kitchen leads to a screened porch for summer dining.
The cottage is open year round and is a perfect location for all water activities in the summer and cross-country skiing and snowmobiling in the winter.
About the Owner
4.4 based on 9 traveler reviews
Beautiful vacation destination!
Nice getaway to celebrate your wedding anniversary
GReat improvements, pet friendly, reasonable price
Wonderful to have access to both a charcoal and gas grill as well as kitchen utensils, pots and pans, paper towels, etc - everything for making breakast/dinner at home.
Beautiful hiking at CAve Point Cty Park and Whitefish Dunes State Park.
A bit windy for our kayaks on this trip, but we enjoyed a beautiful day on the Alpine golf course just down the road b/4 Egg Harbor. Great views if you golf the "blue" course.
The one issue we had was that we could not get Fox TV which happened to have the Packer Opener that week. Also, no Wi Fi at the home, however, access was available right up the road in Carlsville. (I was able to go without the internet for the short stay, but we had to stop at the Roadhouse up the bluff in Carlsville to watch the Packer game.)
I was very impresesed with the significant upgrades to the home. Even with all the improvements, the price is quite reasonable, especially since the are dog friendly. Our yellow lab, Stella was in "doggy heaven" swimming in the bay and "fetching" rocks.
We enjoyed the sauna and traditional scandinavian plunge into the bay. Quite refreshing if you are the adventuresome sort.
Of course, I enjoyed the unique shops and establishments in nearby Egg Harbor Fish Creek, etc.
Hope to go back in the fall. Beautiful time to golf at Peninsula State Park and the end of season sales.
Would recommend to friends who enjoy the beauty of Door CTy. Not recommended for folks looking for a "spa-like" resort.
We discovered the Bay side of Door County
All and all, we would come back again.
Activity and Interests
Things to do:
* Beach and swimming- onsite
* Walking and hiking-near by
* 2-18 hole golf courses-2 miles away
* Egg Harbor shopping and restaurants-6 miles
* Frank Murphy County Park with sandy beach and boat launch-2 miles away
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event|
My Standard Rate
Feb 1 - Feb 1
Fri, Sat, Sun
Payment is usually accepted in the quoted currency (USD) unless the currency and the amount is specifically agreed in advance with the owner / advertiser.
Additional information about rental rates
- Pet Fee $50
- Tax Rate 12.0%
Nightly Rate: $250
Weekly Rate: $1550
Monthly Rate: $1550 - $1550
* The Gray Gull Cottage is available year round.
* Weekly rates are $1550 per week (Saturday to Saturday) from Memorial Day to Labor Day for up to 6 people.
* Nightly rates of $250 per night are available for the rest of the year. A two night minimum stay is required.
* Pet fees of $50 per pet per
- Air Conditioning
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Living Room
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils
- Dining ...
- Dining Area
- DVD Player
Pool / Spa
- pets considered
- Beach View
- 1 Bathroom,
- 1 Half Bath
- Bathroom 1
- Half Bathroom
- 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 7
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Deck / Patio
- Outdoor Grill
- Guests provide their own meals
- * 3 Bedrooms + sleeping loft * 1 1/2 baths * 6 person sauna * 2 queen beds, 3 twin beds * Internet access * Waterfront woodburning firepit * full kitchen: dishwaher, microwave, oven * Weber grill on side deck * TV, VCR, DVD and Telephone * 2 large screened porches * Pet friendly, no smoking