House, 3 bedrooms, 1 open area with extra beds, 2.5 bathrooms on the lake
Bring your whole family including your dogs to this cape cod style home that lies on the beautiful north shore of Caribou Lake. This home sits on a deep wooded lot far from the road for the added privacy and safety you want for your family. The 150 foot of lake frontage features a sandy bottom that gently slopes away from shore. This is truly ideal for families with small children and dogs alike. Caribou Lake is a clear, quiet lake which is great for canoeing, kayaking, fishing and relaxing. Come and enjoy our little peace of heaven in this stress free environment. While your relaxing, your kids will have the freedom to run and explore in this large wooded lot.
About the Owner
4.9 based on 9 traveler reviews
Family Vacation - August 2014
Great Nov. stay.
All the comforts of home on beautiful
Caribou Lake. The Lodge's location is
perfect. We were only minutes from
our hunting land, restaurants, grocery
store and Drummond Island. The pinball
tournaments were a hoot! We look forward to
staying again real soon.
A beautiful place for a Fall vacation
During the cold, rainy days we watched little birds (and a fox squirrel) in the bird feeder, played pinball - what memories that brought back, put together a couple of jigsaw puzzles and just relaxed!
The house was perfect for the 2 of us AND a weekend visit from our daughter, son in law and 2 grandsons.
Everything we needed was there - and more. The owners and locals were concerned and responsive to our special request for a different boat.
While Detour Village is limited in activities Caribou Lake is within a day trip of Sault Ste. Marie, Taquahmenon Falls and Mackinaw Island.
For the more outdoor adventureous, nearby Drummond Island, and numerous Nature Conservancey areas are great for hiking.
Don't miss the food at Raber Bay Bar or the perch at Goetzville.
Activity and Interests
Locally: Public boat launch 1/2 mile away (please remember clean your boats and trailers before launching as Milfoil is not found in our pristine lake) Lighthouse tours; Drummond Island; Golfing; Community plays and concerts; Multiple festivals throughout the summer; Boating; Swimming; Caribou Lake fishing for walleye, pike, perch, sunfish and small mouth bass; Hiking; Fishing and touring on the St. Mary's River and Lake Huron; Two excellent local masseuses that may come to the lodge for your convience.
See the Detour Village Chamber website for more information
Within 45 minute drive:
* Saulte St. Marie With the Soo Locks and access to Canada
* Casinos at Hessel, St. Ignace, Saulte St. Marie
* Les Cheneaux Islands
* Mackinac Island
* Golfing at Drummond Island, Hessel, Cedarville and the Saulte.
* Antique boat and Car shows
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event|
My Standard Rate
Feb 1 2014 - Jul 31 2015
Changeover Day: Saturday
1 night minimum stay
My Standard Rate
1 night minimum stay
Payment is usually accepted in the quoted currency (USD) unless the currency and the amount is specifically agreed in advance with the owner / advertiser.
Additional information about rental rates
- Refundable pet deposit $100.00
- Refundable damage deposit $250.00
50% down upon booking; the remaining balance including security deposits and cleaning fees are due 14 days prior to your stay. PayPal is preferred but other payment methods maybe considered
Weekly Rate: $1000 - $1200
Holiday weeks (Memorial Day, 4th of July, Labor Day): $1200/week
May, September, October, November: $1000/week
June, July, August: $1100/week
* "Good Faith" deposit of 50% down upon booking
* Balance including security deposit and pet fees due 14 days prior to arrival
* Full refund available for cancellations 30 days prior to your stay if able to re rent
- Away From It All
- Sports & Activities
- Clothes Dryer
- Hair Dryer
- Linens Provided
- Living Room
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils
- Oven ...
- Pantry Items
- Dining ...
- Dining Area
- DVD Player
- Games ...
- Stereo ...
- Toys ...
Pool / Spa
- Hot Tub ...
- children welcome
- non smoking only
- pets considered ...
- Beach View
Sports & Adventure Activities
- 1600 sq. ft.
- 2 Bathrooms,
- 1 Half Bath
- Bathroom 1 - toilet, shower, jetted tub, double sinks; main floor
- Half Bathroom - toilet, main floor
- Bathroom 3 - toilet, shower, Upstairs. Under construction but should be finished for 2015
- 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 12
- Bedroom 1 - 1 king, log bed, 4 drawer dresser, night stands, ceiling fan
- Bedroom 2 - 1 queen, log bed, closet, night stand, ceiling fan
- Bedroom 3 - 1 double, upstairs bedroom, closet, night stand
- Bedroom 4 - 1 double, 1 double bed and futon in an open room; upstairs
- Bicycles ...
- Boat ...
- Deck / Patio ...
- Golf ...
- Lawn / Garden ...
- Outdoor Grill ...
- Guests provide their own meals
- Bedrooms: 1 with a custom king log bed with caribou antlers, 1 with a custom queen log bed with caribou antlers; 1 queen bed and full bed upstairs; plus extra sleeping area with a queen mattress and fouton; Linens supplied Bathrooms: 1 bathroom with garden tub and shower, 1 half bath; Beach towels and bath towels supplied Living room: Queen-sized sofa sleeper; Television; Stereo/Radio/CD player; DVD player; Games Kitchen: Fully equipped; Oven/stove-top; Large refrigerator/freezer; Microwave; Basic staples available for your cooking needs; Washer/Dryer; Large dining room table Outdoors: Private lakefront; 3 uncovered porches; Bar-b-que grill; 64 ft. dock with steps and a carpeted dog ramp to help out our furry friends; Outdoor games and Bikes; Large ornate fire pit with wood supplied; Dock; 14 foot row boat with oars and lifejackets; Boat mooring site; Fish cleaning area in the garage with running water; 10 x 20 dog kennel with shelters; Ample outdoor furniture and hammocks available for much deserved lounging.