Cottage, 1 Bedrooms, 1 Baths, 4 Sleeps
With an 83 walking score, the Piedmont Cottage is a modern take on the classic mother-in-law unit, which will provide you with a personal touch & economical alternative to staying in a hotel/motel in the city. Located directly across the street from the Historic Peninsula Park Rose Garden, and minutes to Downtown Portland, this open, light-filled, urban space is fully furnished with everything you need whether you are visiting PDX for a few days or for an extended stay. We designed the cottage to be a tranquil, meditative, efficient, green friendly environment, which combines both comfort & practicality in its incredible 300 sq footprint. Though it is technically a studio (one room) the extra 70 square foot sleeping loft, vaulted 14 foot ceilings and private bath combine to make the space feel much larger than it is --- it is also a completely separate & standalone building. The cottage shares a Zen garden complete with pond & waterfall, lots of bamboo rustling in the breeze, custom rock wall fire pit & fully landscaped yard space. Perfect for reflecting, bbq’ing, reading, relaxing, happy-houring or whatever your heart desires.
About the Owner
Guestbook comments from the owner
It was perfect for the two of us & being across from the rose garden was a wonderful surprise! Thank you guys for making another trip to Portland a success!
Kelly & William
Kansas City, Missouri
5 based on 7 traveler reviews
Perfect in Portland.
So sorry we had emergency plans & had to go out of town at the last minute - hopefully next time you are in Portland we will have the pleasure of actually meeting you.
Glad you had a great time~! Looking forward to hosting you in the future!
heather & topher
Loved this place!
We made use of the kitchen which was one of the selling points of the cottage as we like the option of being able to relax and eat "at home" while traveling. The shower doesn't have the greatest water pressure and the hot water lasts about 15 minutes, but was adequate for us.
Heather and Topher were very laid-back and answered any questions we had. Make sure you try the tandem bicycle and the pink/pickled deviled eggs at Saravesa which is less than a mile from the cottage!
Great having you, hope to see you again sometime & glad the cottage worked out for you,
Cheers, H & T
Way to enhance Portland!
Activity and Interests
* Many of Portland’s finest restaurants, bars, coffee shops, bookstores & boutiques within walking/biking distance or by public transportation
* 5 minutes to the heart of Downtown by car.
* 2 blocks to frequent bus routes, 8 blocks to MAX
* Bike friendly
* 10 blocks to beautiful Historic Mississippi District, 20 blocks to Alberta Arts District
* 5 blocks to 1-5 N/S
* Peninsula Park Rose Garden & Community Center & Pool directly across the street.
* New Season’s market & grocery just 8 blocks away
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
My Standard Rate
2 night minimum stay
|Notes: Rates are based on 2 guests; add $10 per night, per additional guest|
* Approximate monthly rate. Actual rate will depend on the days of the month you stay.
Payment is usually accepted in the quoted currency (USD) unless the currency and the amount is specifically agreed in advance with the owner / advertiser.
Additional information about rental rates
- Cleaning Fee $55.00
- Tax Rate 11.5%
Nightly Rate: $78 - $98
Weekly Rate: $515 - $645
Monthly Rate: $1650 - $18
* $78 per night, $88 Friday & Saturday nights, 2 night minimum stay for 2 persons or less
* $515 - $645 per week depending on season
* Monthly rates available & rates for 3 or more persons available.
* A $55 cleaning & laundering fee is required at the end of the stay.
* 50-100% deposit is required
- Air Conditioning
- children welcome
- non smoking only
- pets not allowed
- 1 Bathroom
- Bathroom 1
- 1 Bedroom, Sleeps 4
- Bedroom 1
- Outdoor Grill
- * Garden-View open pane doors * Bamboo floors * Original artwork by the owner * Mini Kitchen with fine cookware & utensils, microwave, toaster, french press * Outdoor sitting area with patio * All cotton bedding & towels * Memory foam queen size mattress in sleeping loft. Fold out couch/bed available, to accommodate up to 4 people, please inquire as to pricing for 3 or more persons. * Free Wi-Fi * Free laundry facilities in the house. * A/C & heat * Ready-to-fire charcoal grill * Ample street parking & alley entrance if needed * Separate guest entrance along side of main house * Tandem cruiser available for guests to take for a spin & leisurely ride around the town, pedal powered * Hand crafted soaps & oils from Sanctuary Naturals provided for your convenience & pleasure