House, 2 Bedrooms, 2 Baths, 6 Sleeps
NEW: Heated pool, screened in, with large paved pool deck and extra large covered lanai. Book now to get in on the fun.
Need a sunny getaway? Come and stay in a beautiful and clean home on the best island of Florida; Cape Coral. You can now enjoy all the benefits of a private 1592 square foot home with a private heated pool, lush garden, in a great climate at a fraction of the cost compared to a hotelroom.
Our (non smoking) home is located on a quiet street in a friendly neighborhood on a oversized lot with a serene well-manicured garden with tropical plants to enjoy the Florida lifestyle. There is everything you will need in our Tommy Bahama style decorated home. we offer a complete kitchen with all the cooking gear, two tastefully decorated bedrooms, each with their own individual bathrooms, a family room with 2 sofa's, TV and DVD with movies for movie nights. Furthermore we offer a heated pool, screened patio/lanai complete with an outdoor grill and patio furniture to host a nice BBQ dinner. There are 4 TVs hooked up to cable TV for your enjoyment. There is also a split bedroom floor plan for your privacy. We have made every effort to guarantee that your stay will be comfortable and enjoyable. Need some well deserved R&R? This is were you will find it!
Cape Coral Yacht Club, the public pool and it's beach and fishing pier is approximately 4 miles. We are conveniently located near some of the world's most beautiful beaches, Sanibel Island and Captiva Island, as well as the fun and excitement of Fort Myers Beach. Area activities include water sports, fishing, golf, sunbathing, boating and shelling just to name a few. Our home is perfect for snowbirds, romantic get-aways & family holidays.
Location Dolphin house is in Cape Coral's most desirable SE area, the Heart of the Cape, accros from a wide fresh water canal system with access to surrounding lakes. Close to Del Prado Ave but far enough not to hear the road. It’s within a few blocks of Publix, Wall-Mart, Wallgreens,gas station, post office, banks, restaurants, e.g., Moe's, NY Bagels, Hooters, Pizza Hut, Applebee's, Bob Evans, and a great variety of different budget and high end restaurants. First class medical facilities are close by.
Come and enjoy our family friendly home. We offer great value which is sure to make you want to come back again. Satisfied, repeat guests is our objective.
Driving distance from airports:
Fort Myers Southwest Florida Intl airport 19 miles, driving time 30 mins.
Miami airport 150 miles, driving time 2 hrs 45 mins.
Charlotte County-Punta Gorda airport 28.8 miles, driving time 46mins.
Naples Municipal airport 40 miles, driving time 55 mins.
Orlando International airport 161 miles, driving time 3hrs 15 mins.
Home away from home
We can recommend this vacation home to everybody and hope to return in the near future.
About the Owner
We are Leonie and Ron owners of the Dolphin House. In daily life Ron is IT manager at the Netherlands Defense college in the Netherlands and Leonie works as an Office manager for a recruitment company. We both fell in love with SW Florida many years ago and when we aren't staying at the Dolphin house our self, we are happy to let you come and enjoy our home. We have our family living in Cape Coral full time and are also our local property managers.
Guestbook comments from the owner
We had a delightful stay at Dolphin House. A bit too cold to use the pool much. But the house certainly met our expectations and we'd stay there again. Thank you for a great vacation over Christmas!
4.8 based on 13 traveler reviews
Good time of rest and relaxation
We love hearing from our guest and learn exactly how you experienced our home so we know were there is room for improvement. Thanks to your comments we replace the styrofoam box with a real cooler for our guest. We very much appreciate your feedback as well as your care for our home during your stay. It is a great comfort knowing we have guest like yourself stay in our home and we look forward to welcoming you back again in the future!
Home away from home
We can recommend this vacation home to everybody and hope to return in the near future.
Honeymoons in Florida
my wife and me spended our honeymoons at the Dolphin House in September 2014. All was just perfect. The weather was nice most of the time, the Dolphin House ist just gorgeous and the neighboors are awesome! All in all a perfect vaction. I can highly recommend the Dolphin House. It is a really nice place and you will find everything you need.
I hope you wil collect the same experiences like we did.
Thank you Leonie for the nice time in your House!
Uli and Michi Schäfer
Thank you for all your kind words about our home. It was our honor and pleasure to host your honeymoon at the Dolphin House. Wishing you lots of love and all the best in your new life together as husband and wife. We sincerely hope to see you again in the future! Warm greetings, Ron and Leonie
Dolphin House :-)
The bedrooms were large and the beds were comfortable, but the queen was very squeaky, on the other hand, the pull out was far more comfy than expected.
The kitchen was well equipped with basics and cooking supplies, as was the laundry room.
The bikes were okay for adults, but would be tough for even teenagers.
We did not use BBQ, but had breakfast every morning on the deck.
We really enjoyed the area with many beaches and loads of shopping option.
I would give our stay a 9/10!
Home away from Home!
From the Owner
“Our home is situated at the end of a quiet residential neighborhood and we have very friendly neighbors that can give lots of local information. Cape Coral is rated as the 2nd safest city in all of Florida and ranks 46th safest place in all of the USA.”
Activity and Interests
At the Dolphin House we offer a comprehensive book for our guest with all local tourist and practical information as well as discount coupons to use for local attractions.
* Edison / Ford Winter Estates (Museum) in Fort Myers is 15 minutes away. And while visiting Fort Myers you may want to go Antiquing in the many downtown antique stores.
* Minnesota Twins and The Boston Red Socks; Our Neighbor, Ft Myers, is the spring training home for both teams. For some great family fun be sure to catch a minor league game of the Fort Myers Miracles.
* Manatee Park, Fort Myers is a non-captive refuge for the Florida Manatee and their young calves. Optimum manatee watching is from November to March. About 20 minute’s drive.
* Miromar Outlet Shopping - More than 120 brands (Polo Ralph Lauren, Tommy Hilfiger, Calvin Klein, Nike, Levis, etc.) only 30 minutes.
* J.N. 'Ding' Darling National Wildlife Refuge on Sanibel Island is 30 minutes.
Sanibel and Captiva Islands, world renowned for its shells, people from all over the world come to collect and admire the colorful 'Treasures From the Sea'. 30 minutes.
* Babcock Wilderness Adventures in Punta Gorda is where you can take swamp buggies right through the wilderness is 30 minutes. Perfect for bird watching, walks and nature appreciation.
* Corkscrew Swamp Sanctuary just northeast of Naples at about 35miles.
* The Everglades National Park is 60 minutes.
* Big Cypress National Park, Billy Swamp Safari; Native Florida tours and eco-tours by airboat and swamp buggy. Located on a 2000 acre preserve to see deer, water buffalo, alligators, wild hogs, bison etc.
* Salvador Dali museum in St. Petersburg is 2 hours’ drive.
* Ringling Museum of Art in Sarasota is approx. 85 miles.
* Busch gardens in Tampa is an amusement park which is an alternative to the Disney Parks, only 2 hours.
* Miami Beach and the Art Deco district are worth seeing at about 130 miles and can be reached in 2.5 hours.
* Disney World, about 130 miles drive will take you to Orlando has Magic Kingdom, Animal Kingdom, MGM Studios and Sea World. Can be reached in about 2 hours.
* Cape Canaveral and the Kennedy space center about 158 miles can be reached in less than 4 hours.
* Hard Rock Hotel and Casino, Hollywood Florida, 114 miles, a mini Las Vegas offering prime gambling & entertainment and frequently host to major acts.
* Deep sea fishing, Snorkeling, Para Gliding, Cycling, Golf, Jet skiing, Water skiing, Wind Surfing, Boat rentals, Paddle boarding and much much more....
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Dec 1 2015 - Dec 31 2015
7 night minimum stay
Jan 1 2016 - Mar 31 2016
90 night minimum stay
My Standard Rate
7 night minimum stay
* Approximate monthly rate. Actual rate will depend on the days of the month you stay.
Payment is usually accepted in the quoted currency (USD) unless the currency and the amount is specifically agreed in advance with the owner / advertiser.
Additional information about rental rates
- Extra person p.w.l.seasn $50.00 + Tax
- Refundable damage deposit $250.00
- Cleaning fee $125.00
- Tax Rate 11.0%
Payment Options: PayPall, Electronic deposit, Cash, Domestic or Cashiers check, Foreign check, Domestic wire transfer, International wire transfer.
Excluding: 11% Florida & Tourist Development Tax.
Cleaning fee $125,- (not included)
Half of the rental fee due 60 day prior to arrival.
Final payment including cleaning fee due at least 30 days prior to arrival.
Cancellations within 60 days of arrival
-Rates are based on a 2 person occupancy (additional persons at extra charge)
-Minimum stay 1 week/7nights
Week based upon 7 nights. Check in time 4PM, check out time 11AM
Pool heath available at $5,- per day, must be booked and payed in advance.
There are NO premiums for Holidays, just first come.
Free wireless high speed internet and cable TV
Free use of BBQ: $25.00 cleaning fee if not cleaned
From the Owner
“At our home you can enjoy peace and quiet but with all the nearby city comforts to make you vacation special. The many beautiful beaches of SW Florida are within easy reach.”
- Sports & Activities
- Tourist Attractions
- Air Conditioning ...
- Clothes Dryer ...
- Garage ...
- Hair Dryer
- Heating ...
- Internet ...
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided ...
- Living Room ...
- Parking ...
- Telephone ...
- Towels Provided ...
- Washing Machine ...
- Coffee Maker ...
- Dishes & Utensils ...
- Dishwasher ...
- Kitchen ...
- Microwave ...
- Oven ...
- Pantry Items ...
- Refrigerator ...
- Stove ...
- Toaster ...
- Child's Highchair
- Dining ...
- Dining Area
- DVD Player ...
- Games ...
- Music Library
- Satellite / Cable ...
- Stereo ...
- Television ...
- Toys ...
- Video Library ...
Pool / Spa
- Heated Pool
- Outdoor Pool
- Private Pool ...
- Minimum Age Limit for Renters ...
- children welcome ...
- non smoking only ...
- pets not allowed
- live theater
- recreation center
- theme parks
- water parks
- bird watching
- eco tourism
- horseback riding
- outlet shopping
- paddle boating
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
- fitness center
- massage therapist
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- deepsea fishing
- freshwater fishing
- jet skiing
- pier fishing
- scuba diving or snorkeling
- surf fishing
- water skiing
- water tubing
- 1600 sq. ft.
- 2 Bathrooms
- Master bathroom - toilet, shower, Double sink vanity
- Guest Bathroom - toilet, combination tub/shower
- 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6
- Master bedroom - 1 king
- Guest bedroom - 1 queen
- Livingroom - 1 sleep sofa /futon
- Bicycles ...
- Deck / Patio ...
- Lanai / Gazebo ...
- Lawn / Garden ...
- Outdoor Grill ...
- Guests provide their own meals
- Below you will find all details of our Huge 1592 sq. ft. home: * Heated private pool * Our home is recently refurbished and renovated * Free wireless High speed internet & cable TV in all rooms * Free use of 2 adult bicycles * Filtered drinking water system for healthy living * Beach chairs to take along for your comfort Complete kitchen; fully equipped with plenty of everything for cooking, side by side refrigerator, dishwasher, coffeemaker, hot water cooker, toaster, mixer, microwave oven, glass top stove and oven, filtered drinking water system, breakfast bar with three counter/bar chairs and flatscreen TV. Of couse we also offer all the basics like: coffee, tea, sugar, sweetner, a complete spicerack, pepper & salt, dishwashdetergent and cleaning gear. Living room; 2 Tommy Bahamas sofas and occasional chair, with large TV and DVD player, CD/Radio, wide variety of DVD movies, Stereo including CD/MP3/Radio & iPhone docking station, a variety books, magazines and board & card games. Dining room; Glass top round table which seats six persons comfortably. Family room; Queen size sleepersofa, coffee table and two Tommy Bahama sofa's, (one sleeper), just a nice quiet place for reading or enjoy the beautifull view out to the pool deck. Here you will also find a comprehensive book with local tourist information. Master bedroom; Tommy Bahamas king size bed with posture pedic mattress, side table with digital alarm clock, writing desk, dresser, Flat-screen TV, walk in closet, linen closet. Master bathroom; shower, double vanity, toilet, hairdryer, first-aid kit. Guest bedroom; Queen size canopy bed, Flat-screen TV, wardrobe, sliding glass door to lanai/pool. Guest bathroom; Bath, vanity, shower, toilet. Lanai; Heated private pool, large paved pool deck, fully screened, and has a glass top dining table and comfortable chairs to seat 6 persons, 2 lounge chairs, separate conversation set, outdoor lights complete with big new BBQ gas grill and side burner. Garden; Lush tropical garden with beautiful flowers such as Jasmin, Hybiscus, Birds of Paradise and other parfume scented plants and exotic birds. Big yard on double size lot, great for children to play. Laundry; washer/dryer, iron&ironing board, washing detergent & fabric softener. Garage; with automatic garage door opener. Beach chairs. Plus 2 bicycles for you to use free of charge. Enjoy the surroundings and take a bike ride to Cape Coral Beach! Ceiling fans and air-conditioning throughout the house. Home is partially tiled and hardwood laminate floors (no carpet) thus better for astma or allergy sufferers, one level for easy access. All linnens included. ~THIS IS A NON SMOKING HOME~ ~Children are welcome~ we offer a BABY CRIB AND HIGH CHAIR for your comfort at no additional cost, safeguarded low electrical outlets, baby alarms installed at pool access ~ ~Sorry, no pets~