House, 2 Bedrooms plus loft sleeping area 2 Baths, Sleeps 7
This is the ONLY real log cabin home on 4+ acres at/above the treeline in Kachina Village with a view of the San Francisco Peaks. Enjoy over 900 square feet of private decking with patio furniture, bird and hummingbird feeder, large propane BBQ grill, flowers, and a chiminea(wood included) to enjoy the cool evenings. Watch the wildlife including elk from the decks or front porch where they have worn a path over the years or just walk the property (80 foot elevation change) from top to bottom and find your own quiet spot to reflect. In winter take one of the many sleds and slide down the natural private 300 yard sledding run; in summer take the inflatable kayak to one of the nearby lakes or Slide Rock state park.
Want a workout? Why pay to go to a local gym - feel free to use the Bowflex machine, free weights, or Treadmill while you watch your favorite video/show on the 42' flatscreen high-def TV with surround sound. Sore yet? Go for a soak in your own private hot tub and relax! There is a second TV downstairs in the dining area.
Enjoy the many books and DVDs in the entertainment center or just pick a HBO or Showtime movie to enjoy. Enjoy board games or the air hockey table. Enjoy views of the forest from every room - your nearest neighbor is over 80 yards away.
Wonderful cabin in the woods!
About the Owner
5 based on 25 traveler reviews
Wonderful cabin in the woods!
Great getaway....awesome cabin!!
The fireplace is huge, and we enjoyed a fire every night. And the kids loved that there was still snow on the ground.
I loved sitting on the deck, listening to nature and seeing the views of the San Francisco peaks in the distance.
And town was 7 miles away, so it was really convenient, but yet far enough tucked in the woods, to feel secluded.
4 acres of bliss
Beautiful Cabin with Amazing Views!
Great Vacation Home!
Owner's responsiveness: A+
Activity and Interests
On the Property: hot tub, short hiking trail/sledding hill, views, wildlife. Aspen and oak leaves typically turn brilliant red and yellow through October.
Within one mile: forest service roads and trails for hiking/biking/ATVs/snowmobiles Gas station and store with local information and great cold beer selection Kachina Wetlands trail/birding area basketball court picnic tables baseball field and kid's play area
Within 12 miles: Slide Rock state park, golf, tennis, Lake Mary - fishing, boating, jet-skiing, downtown Flagstaff with restaurants, brewpubs, yoga, art galleries, aquatic center, NAU with Arizona Cardinals practices in August, Fort Tuthill with concerts and outdoor venues in summer. Downtown Sedona and Arizona Snowbowl are 22 miles away.
Within an hour and 15 minute drive: Grand canyon and Grand canyon RR, Verde River attractions/casino, Indian Ruins, Meteor and Sunset Crater, 5 fishing/jet ski lakes.
|Rate Period||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event|
My Standard Rate
2 night minimum stay
Payment is usually accepted in the quoted currency (USD) unless the currency and the amount is specifically agreed in advance with the owner / advertiser.
Additional information about rental rates
- Cleaning $100.00
- Pet Fee $75.00
- Refundable damage deposit $300.00
There is a fully refundable housekeeping deposit, a rental contract, and payment through PayPal.
Standard Rates: $250/night for 6 people maximum, 2 night minimum except holidays. $1600-/weekly - 8th night free if on a Monday - Wednesday night except holidays.
- Away From It All
- Sports & Activities
- Tourist Attractions
- Clothes Dryer
- Fireplace ...
- Fitness Room / Equipment
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils
- Pantry Items
- Dining Area
- DVD Player
- Games ...
- Satellite / Cable
- Video Library
Pool / Spa
- Hot Tub ...
- Minimum Age Limit for Renters ...
- children welcome ...
- non smoking only ...
- pets considered
- Mountain View
- 2100 sq. ft.
- 2 Bathrooms
- Bathroom 1
- Bathroom 2
- 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 7
- Bedroom 1 - 1 king
- Bedroom 2 - 1 queen
- Bedroom 3 - 1 sleep sofa /futon, This is a large upstairs loft with a queen futon
- 3rd bedroom is a loft which is great for children
- Deck / Patio ...
- Outdoor Grill
- Ski & Snowboard ...
- Guests provide their own meals
- 2 full bedrooms with a loft. Master is upstairs with a private bath and 240 sq ft. deck and a 20 mile view to 8000+ ft Mormon Mountain. Cherrywood king size sleighbed with premium mattress, linens, and comforter/electric blanket. Second private bedroom on the main level has a queen bed with premium mattress, linens, comforter, and electric blanket and a view of the front elevation of the property with 70 foot pine trees and a natural gully. Upstairs loft has the entertainment center with stereo and CD player, futon, air mattress (2nd one available) and a view of the peaks and can sleep 4 people comfortably- this is great for kids! There is a laundry room with storage, washer and dryer. You will have a large stone fireplace in the living room, 10 year old flowering plants, Restoration Hardware full leather sofa and chairs with Southwest and native furnishings. You will have central heat and ceiling fans and a space heater. The fully equipped kitchen has a granite countertop and island with a 4 burner gas Jenn Air stove and electric oven, a SubZero refrigerator with double freezer sections, coffee maker and espresso maker and all the appliances, flatware and cutlery you will need. Both full size bathrooms have towels/linens, and paper products. Enjoy the wood celings and exposed log beams in all rooms.